Question on Bruiser / Impaler / Slicer

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Articblade, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Articblade

Articblade Kobold

Hello,

I am new to Cardhunter and I must say it is a great game. I have some question on the boost cards. Am I right to say the following:

1. Bruiser - Only add damage to 1 card - "Bash"
    2. Slicer - Only add damage to 1 card - "Chop"
    3. Impaler - Only add damage to cards with "Penetrating" keyword

Are there boost cards that add damages for class of attack cards like "Melee Slashing", or "Melee Crushing"??

Thank you.

Regards,
    Articblade

2. progammer

progammer Ogre

Short answer, no.

Long answer, not yet :) *wink*

3. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Wait, wait:
    1. No.
    2. No.
    3. Almost.

Anything with "Chop" or "Bash" in the title counts. That's more than 1 card each. Type one of those words into the search bar in your inventory and you will find all of them, without exception.

When you see any Traits like these (including, say, Kindler), the thing they say they boost (in this case, "Burning") operates like computer code. Ask yourself: would Google return this card as a 100% match? Yes? Then it counts. (Hence the search bar functionality.)

And for Impaler, note also that it must be melee. Warriors can't get Penetrating Zap, but it obviously wouldn't count, and any future items with Penetrating ranged Attacks wouldn't count either.

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

1. any card with "Bash" in name
    2. any card with "Chop" in name
    3. any card with the keywords "Melee" and "Penetrating"

And I see Sir Knight posted while I was double-checking the Impaler text.

5. Sir Knight

And then I edited like mad, to cover up any possible evidence that my hasty response might have been inadequate. You will never know.

Also, Arcticblade, I approve of your user icon. Now we need only have someone self-identify as a Fine Brass Toupee and the forum shall experience true joy.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

<insert Donald Trump joke here>

7. Articblade

Articblade Kobold

Haha I use Orc painting as my picture as it is the first legendary treasure drop I got :) still keeping it in case they become of use later on (I knew current SP doesn't have use for it)

And thanks for the clarification. I have yet to come across other cards that has "chop" or "bash" in it. That's probably why.

8. Chompman

Chompman Mushroom Warrior

For chop:

http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/index.php?search=chop&go=Go&title=Special:Search

For bash:

http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/index.php?search=bash&go=Go&title=Special:Search

Now some of them are higher level cards but you should see a lot of the normal and lower level ones early on.

Although your cleric if you use one will probably have a lot of the bash ones also.

But other then a few rare missions, repeating the first cockroach quest for loot, I hardly use chop and bash is rare also other then for certain undead that can get nasty with anything else.

Now penetrating on the other hand is something I use often.

9. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

There's Blind Rage, which will boost all your melee. It's a trait, like the others, but you won't find it on the same equipment. And then of course clerics have other buffs, but you've seen those I'm sure.

10. Articblade

Articblade Kobold

Ok for impaler, must the card have "penetrating" in their name or having the keyword in their card description is enough??? I thought it was the latter

And the reason I actually brought this up is because some pictures are very misleading. Doesn't Mighty Hack look like someone chopping or could be use to slice people? It's not very consistent that some boost is based on name of card (chop, bash) while others is based on keyword in their description (penetrating). I would think using the attribute like "melee crushing" seems more consistent. Just my opinion

11. Kirkland

Kirkland Kobold

12. Sir Knight

Again, it's a literal word-for-word Google search. Is "Penetrating" on the card? Yes? You're done.
    People have mentioned this before, but it's all on purpose. There is a subset of items called Bashes and they work together. Now, there's ANOTHER subset of items called Bludgeons. Both are Crushing, right? Except Bashes have a special power and hold this unique ability to get boosted (OR boost each other).

Okay, now, search your entire inventory. See how Bludgeons get stronger and stronger AND STRONGER? There's tons of them! So Blue Manchu has created two Crushing tracks: there's the "plain" sort (Bludgeons) where you get nothing special, and as a result the damage just goes up and up; then there's the "special" sort (Bashes), which are balanced differently, because they have way more potential at the same base damage level.

If they had a Trait that just plain boosted Crushing cards, then these two tracks would lose much of what makes them strategically distinct. Yes, you'll see players talk about their builds like this: one person will talk about how much Obliterating Hack he/she needs in a deck, and another will talk about his/her "Chop build."
    Good question. However, you'd have to pick something other than Draining Touch, as that is Priest-only.

13. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

um, you do know its possible to give cards from one to another, right, right ? ;)

14. Sir Knight

15. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

More interestingly, would Impaler apply to any sort of attack card while under the effects of Frenzy Aura?

16. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Drekdawi plays Impaler.
    Drekdawi drew Walk.
    Drekdawi plays Strong Bludgeon.
    Drekdawi strikes even harder!
    Reinforced Door took 11 Crushing damage.
    Gary passed.

Frenzy Aura triggered off Strong Bludgeon but the attached Impaler does not. Question solved.

17. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

Great. At least we know now, thanks.

18. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Awesome, thanks Phaselock ;)

19. progammer

progammer Ogre

We need some kind of Mythbuster thread, where people ask mechanics questions and test them with custom map.

20. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

That's an awesome idea really. An ask-anything thread would be very helpful.