Question about the extra adventures

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Acen, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Acen

Acen Kobold

Just an question: Are the extra adventures ever going to be free. Because there is so many people that can't pay for these games so are those adventurures ever gonna be free?

2. Snacksmoto

Snacksmoto Mushroom Warrior

I doubt the Treasure Hunt modules will be free (the Devs need funds to upkeep the game and, well, eat among other mundane activities). That being said, they are extra and not required in order to complete the campaign. The monsters and maps are interesting and challenging. The special rewards from them are rather good but not overpowered.

3. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Kobold

Well it's premium content, and the whole point for that existing is so that people will have an incentive to pay some money for an otherwise free game. I can't talk for the devs, but in general this kind of thing would only become free in the future when there's a lot of newer premium content and anyone who's going to buy this stuff has already bought it long ago; the dev's focus now being on attracting new players with additional free content or keeping existing players playing for longer. Making the current premium content free would make more sense then.

Also, I don't mean to be rude, but the amount of players that can't afford $25 for something they want is going to be very low. Also, if that amount is out of reach for them, I think they have bigger problems than missing out on a few extra quests in an RPG - and I say this as someone with hardly any money myself.

4. Acen

Acen Kobold

yeah i understand i was just asking to know and i dont think it will take too long to save up some money.

5. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Kobold

You can buy them one by one if you want. It ends up being a bit more expensive that way, but it spreads the cost out.

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

(Actually, $10 will get you all the treasure hunts.)

There are in fact very many people who won't (or can't) pay any money. I was one myself, until the free bonus figures convinced me to spend $10 in the beta. But technically, those people aren't actually customers, and the only business reason to let them play is so that they can help advertise this game to other people who are willing to pay.

7. Acen

Acen Kobold

$10 gets you them all if you keep the pizza you get in the beggining because there is 11 adventures and they all cost 40 pizza i think and 40x11 is 440 and the $10 gets you 330 pizza but i used some of the beggining and if i buy i think i would want the starter pack or whatever it was called.:)

8. Sylv

Sylv Kobold

The amount of free content is staggering. I hope they don't ever make them free honestly. They need income too!

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

They are 40 pizza each if bought separately, but you get a 10% discount if buying them all at once, so the 330 you get from $10 will buy them all and you'll still have the 150 free pizza for starter decks or an epic chest.

10. Acen

Acen Kobold

oh didnt know that thanks