PvP league

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Wozarg, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Matches are best 2 out of 3 Loser picks the map. The choices are: Fores, Dungeon, Cave, Bridge, Temple Tussle, Streams of blood.

Round 1 - Forest "Finished"
    Gabbek - Pengw1n 2-1 Forest 0-1 Dungeon 1-0 Cave 1-0

ImMara - Dugrim 1-2 Forest: 0-1 Dungeon: 1-0 Bridge: 0-1

SurgeonFish - Wolzarg 0-2 Forest 0-1 Bridge0-1

Round 2 - Cave "Finished"

Dugrim - Gabbek 0-2
    Pengw1n - Wolzarg 1-2 Cave 1-0 Forest 0-1 Cave 0-1
    ImMara - SurgeonFish 1-1

Round 3 - Bridge "Finished"
    Gabbek - Wolzarg 1-1
    Dugrim - SurgeonFish 1-1
    Pengw1n - ImMara 0-2

Round 4 - Temple Tussle "Active"
    SurgeonFish - Gabbek
    Wolzarg - ImMara
    Dugrim - Pengw1n

Round 5 - Streams of Blood "Waiting"
    Gabbek - ImMara
    SurgeonFish - Pengw1n
    Wolzarg - Dugrim

If a pairing never gets played both players receive a draw

Pengw1n likes this.
  2. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

I'm in for anything!

3. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

Join - dugrim
    I agree with the idea of same decks and teams, even if I love to play an "All-Attack-Dwarves" deck/team!

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Join - Pengw1n.
    Yes, same decks would make it more fun - feels more like a tournament. Best out of 3 depending on how long matches usually take - is it feasible?

5. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Well generally a match takes 10-15 minutes so 3 matches would go for slightly less than a hour a bit more if decks are really slow and grindy. The real question is if people care enough about consistency over luck to make the commitment.

6. Pengw1n

Since this is a test run I'd say 1 hour matches might be a bit steep? Then again, that's my opinion. Luck vs Skill might matter more in "real" tournaments.

7. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Seams like a fair point ill let people weight in on the subject and majority wins with the default mode being 1 match if people don't care enough to vote on the subject

8. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

Best of 3 seems the most resonable thing to do, that's just my opinion though :)

9. barbalatte

barbalatte Mushroom Warrior

I join if best of 1

10. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Need your in game name but ill take that as a vote for 1 match games regardless

11. peasant

peasant Kobold

I'm good with either best of 3 or best of 1 but i would realy love to use my own decks, perhaps 2 different tourny groups, a best of 1 your deck and a best of 3 identical decks? Perhaps we can think of some sneaky point buy for items... *ponders

-join peasant

12. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

I vote for best of 3

13. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

I vote for Bo3

14. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

This is causing a lot of confusion if someone could help me word it better i would appreciate that. The idea isn't that we are all forced to play identical decks but that we each play the deck we personally made and decided on using through every round without changing party members or items on them.

15. Pengw1n

"No sidedecking"?

16. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

If we play best of 3 matches i would be fine with it and thats what your asking for i assume. Taking thoughts on this guys so tell me what you think. Will add another few minutes to the time it takes so keep that in mind.

Too make this more clear to non ccg players basically you would be given a few minutes between matches to swap out some items to better match you against your opponent. So if they use all 4 armor you pick up some shredding and penetrating attacks on your warrior and so on.

17. barbalatte

barbalatte Mushroom Warrior

join teemo . no sideboards

18. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

No sidedeck for me.

19. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Seams like it will be best of three right now teemo just so you know are you fine with that or does your join only apply in case of best of one?

20. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

I'll join in on this.