Purging Burst doesn't discard handicaps granted by enemies?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by hwango, Jul 16, 2015.

1. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I'm surprised that this issue hasn't been addressed yet. The current behaviour of Purge is pretty unintuitive; but from my point of view the big problem is that it doesn't do what the card says it should do.
    Based on that description, it should discard enemy-owned handicaps, such as Festering Guts and Blind Rage - but it doesn't.

2. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Additionally, it DOES discard 'enemy' handicaps granted by the players from radiation, and only those. Since they count as allied cards.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  3. Fry

Fry Ogre

Related: Shrug It Off apparently will discard handicaps you've played on yourself, even though the text says "enemy controlled cards." Misleading!

4. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Bandreus likes this.
  5. Han Lee

Han Lee Guild Leader

So... It's just an as-intended thing that random enemy attachments can definitively cause losses without being able to purge these effects ever? I know you can't have a counter to everything in a single deck, but leaving a gamechanging mechanic that is only counterable by one race (dwarves - shrug off) seems a little strange.

6. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

i just saw, if i am not mistaken, a human wizard use lateral thinking to successfuly free himself of an handicap i gave him by radiation goo. I think thats worth noting in this context.

7. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I just remembered that I want to bump this thread because the wording is still needs to be changed.