[Prizes] Pizza Rewards for Guild Seasons!

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Flaxative, Jan 6, 2015.

1. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

While I enjoy the new system as well, I feel it could use a little more tweaking, as it actually encourages me to play less towards the end of the month. While the old 100% of points available was too much, 1/5 of that total seems to be just a bit below what it should be, as it takes a herculean effort to make any sort of substantial gains on the leader board. A 100-point deficit would take 50 non-guild wins without a loss to surmount, or 10 guild blitzes with no other losses. I'm not trying to say that it should be easy to wipe out 100 points; I'm saying that it feels practically impossible. By the end of the month, guilds outside the placing spots should feel like there is a chance to make a late push.

I understand this is a very hard thing to juggle, but it feels as if things have shifted more towards quantity = quality. Which is not what it should be; if someone scores a big upset or suffers a big loss, there should be some repercussion. Not a drop from first to worst, but something substantial. When you use individual outputs to compute a team score, this can and should happen. While someone shouldn't be worried that one loss will cost their guild 50 points or something, they also shouldn't feel confident that their loss will only cost the guild 10 points. Maybe if the current points values for guild battles were doubled, it might be a better setup. I imagine it will make no change to the top of the boards, as nothing seems to, but there should be some sense of trepidation if you are in a guild battle towards the end of the month. If someone is fearful of fighting towards the end of the month because they don't want to lose their standing, then they should realize there is a chance they could be jumped if a guild below makes a big final push, just as that guild should realize their final push could push them to the bottom of the charts.

I appreciate this added aspect of the game, but as it currently stands, I think it just helps the rich get richer. While it shouldn't be a system for all to get fat on a small offering of pizza, it should appear to give everyone the opportunity to get fat. I think the current system allows most people to get fat, but a slight tweak, and everyone is in a much better position to split their pants.

Just some ramblings on my part. Thanks for everything, as always.

2. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Also, question: the meta site states June 2015 will be coming 06/05/2015. Will stats from now until then be counting towards June? Or is this a free-for-all period?

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The description is coming June 5*, the season is starting now

*I wasn't sure I would get around to doing a description until the 5th, but it's up now.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Another new prize season begins, this time on player-made boards!

Modune is here.

Farbs and Pawndawan like this.
  5. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Why is that mechanism in play that a game is a blitz as soon as you leave it, no matter the stars? I had a 3-3 stars situation against a volcano heavy opponent, it was clear that he would make the remaining 3 stars with the end of the round, so i resigned instead of sorting cards and wait for a new round that only featured my demise. Can we get that adjusted? I imagine people sometimes have to abort a game even though they are multiple stars in the lead, then there are random connection issues...

Edit: It IS actually mentioned here: http://cardhuntermeta.farbs.org/guilds.php

A blitz occurs if the loser of a battle scores fewer than two stars, or the winner scores fewer than four. In the case of a blitz the rating points earned or lost are doubled!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I hear you need at least 2 stars and the enemy at least 4 stars before it counts as a non-blitz lost

Added to the post: I believe the intent was to make sure you fight til the end, but I didn't say it should matter.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  7. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Makes no sense. I admit defeat, but i got 3 stars backing that i put up a fight. Why should the opponents stars matter?

Sir Veza likes this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Think I just distributed pizza codes to July's winning guilds. Let me know if there are any problems! Congrats to the winners :)

Farbs, Stexe, Robauke and 1 other person like this.
  9. I got a problem with the key that i win for Modune. It say "cant redeem key". Help pls

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Ask your principal to ask me for another key :)

BlackSabbath likes this.
  11. Thanks Flax. And congrats for yours constantly efforts to keep this game up.

Abbus, Sir Veza, Vakaz and 3 others like this.
  12. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Flax is hero!

Abbus, Sir Veza, Vakaz and 1 other person like this.
  13. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Well this season sure is shaping up to be a nailbiter of a finish, with guilds coming in close together and vying for the top until the end!

WAIT, NO
    [​IMG]

I understand the recent tweaks were to make the leaderboards more consistent, but I think that this is a little TOO consistent.

14. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Its a boring season so far. I blame the 'strong' players who yet can't pluck up the courage to stand apart from other 'strong' players.

15. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

At least the second and third place are really close. But @BlackSabbath is just unstoppable. At least in terms of Contribution. My win rate against him in this season is positive.

Vakaz likes this.
  16. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Power of Fires broke 1900, I vote we just pay them pizza every month to not compete.

17. I'm not unstoppable: i was banned because there are a lot of bad losers in this game

Abbus likes this.
  18. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

What? So I saw your last game for a while? It is just a temporary ban?

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Congratulations to the winning guilds of Cybergust,

1. Power of Fires
    2. Walking Carpets
    3. 99 Lenbears WalkingOnFire
    4. LanQiYing
    5. NinetyNineKnaves

I'll distribute your pizza prizes to your guild leaders soon...

Farbs, Pawndawan and Sir Veza like this.
  20. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

I find the PoF seasons page fascinating.

The summary shows PoF won 7 of the last 9 seasons, suggesting they are consistently playing exceptionally well.
    Scroll down however and you see contributions by individual members fluctuate wildly from month to month. The consistency comes not from a handful of key players, but from fielding a team where any of the members could suddenly explode and have a monster season.

Cool stuff.