[Practice Board] Troll Tyrant Practice.

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by LeisureSuitLoli, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Are you struggling with the Troll Tyrant module? Wish there was a way to find out which build works best against those pesky monsters? Look no further!

Level 1 of The Troll Tyrant (recreated from screencaps).
    [​IMG]

More from the module to come!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
    neoncat likes this.
  2. Level 2 practice:
    Troll Pit.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

neoncat likes this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Am I wrong to point out that when testing, you would be using your multiplayer party (level 18) whereas when you play the actual level you will be using a single player party with characters of up to 20th level? I think for the actual module you would have access to more/better tokens.

Of course this doesn't make these practice maps useless, just harder than the real thing. :)

4. 2 more blue tokens if your characters are already at level 20.

Level 3:
    Storge Nests.
    [​IMG]
    Yes, there is still that graphical error with the one Karen figure.

Minor edit:
    Fixed a corner wall tile.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
    neoncat likes this.
  5. And now for the big baddie himself:

Lair of the Troll King.

[​IMG]

As Flaxative mentioned earlier, the maps are only truly useful if your party is at level 18.

Attached Files:

neoncat likes this.
  6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It should be good for practice. Train at 18th and 20th should be easy.

Lord Feleran likes this.
  7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

It's cool that you're doing all this work to help people, but why do you need custom maps to practice on? Why not practice on the real thing? Sure, it's annoying (or expensive) for later maps in the module, and you can only beat the final map once per day, but by playing the real thing you'll get loot whenever you win.

And the big issue is that these are treasure hunts, the only non-cosmetic content you have to pay for. By letting people play them for free, you may reduce how much money BM makes. Just one module probably won't matter, but if we did this for all treasure hunts I think it really would hurt BM's revenue.

LeisureSuitLoli and Flaxative like this.
  8. Its a labor of love.

People might see these maps and think, "You know, I can now beat these guys! I'm buying the treasure hunts!" sort of thing. That and to completely and utterly destroy the scenarios using Mom and Cardotron2000's characters.

As for the potential of taking money away from Blue Manchu, that has been on my mind while recreating the maps. These were only posted so people could practice, and I doubt most people who haven't bought the maps would play them unless there was some type of reward at the end.

But if Jon and Farbs request me to remove the maps, I will do so immediately.

Sir Veza likes this.