Powerful new cards

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by karadoc, Oct 30, 2016.

1. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Those definitely are good value for the money. I still prefer Diamond Moccasins though.

2. Vengeance is the only OP card in my opinion. I don't think the game is ready for it at the moment. But holy crap this is an amazing set.

3. Ector

Ector Hydra

Maybe, the Moccasins are better for the warriors, but for the other classes Brutal Charge isn't that good, while extra heal from Investigate really is.

4. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Can anyone help explain what is so good about Fleet that it is of Silver Quality? I just got Focused Rapidity from the sixth multiplayer chest and it doesn't look worthy of a major token.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  5. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

The damage reduction against target-less cards. Cards like firestorm, flash of agony, fireball, traveling curse, ouch!.

Gingrich Yurr likes this.
  6. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

can protect from any effect... burning terrain attachment etc.... only brute force target effect can deal damage with no reduction. of course multi target like jim magic missile scatter laser and chop should damage with no armor.

7. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

The main effect of Fleet also shouldn't be underestimated, being able to move though difficult terrain and opponent's zones of control are powerful effects, as those factors often diminish the advantages of having a more powerful racial move card. Fleet's very nice because it makes it easier for Elves to engage and disengage when they want to, which is supposed to be their strong point. Armor against untargeted damage is a nice bonus too, of course.

Gingrich Yurr and vitreo84 like this.
  8. MathuranF

MathuranF Lizardman Priest

Don't know if people consider Investigate to be OP but I think a well themed, slight nerf would be, the character holding Investigate would need LoS (or facing, for a slightly more harsh nerf) to the character being attacked in order to get the heal 2.

Might make it a bit mote tactical in use instead of taking a bunch of damage and hiding as far away as possible while soaking up the heals.

9. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

Or maybe work like skip and swarm of bat : heal 4 but trigger the move after the use.
    Since is themed that the character should investigate after an other is hit the investigator should move after the healing to investigate :)

GriffTheThief likes this.
  10. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Personally I think its fine. I could see it causing problems for all wizard builds as they do less damage per a hit, but they can counter that with being able to hit the low HP character at range. Lets be honest, at 2hp a hit, unless you're weak-striking a team to death it's really not that much of a consolation for taking damage on another character.

ParodyKnaveBob and Force.ofWill like this.
  11. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

Unless you've got multiple copies on every character... and are healing to boot.
    I'm surprised no one's mentioned the biggest drawback of Investigate (and Vengeance): That it reveals itself to the enemy. Showing a move card is a really bad idea.

12. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

healing to boot

*snicker snicker*

Gingrich Yurr likes this.
  13. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

Honestly, Investigate isn't very powerful in my opinion. If it's revealed, then I almost always Wall Of Fire or Hot Spot the target with it, forcing them to either spend it or suffer extreme pain. Hooray for the Perimeter Staff!

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  14. Dark Brightness

Dark Brightness Orc Soldier

CM update brought a lot of powerful cards,which could be used to make powerful formation,with some counter ofc.

Outcast's Relic this item is pretty much the new burfft perfect tokenless item,with unholy and bad luck and cycling

Vengeance no much to say expect R.I.P for bufft and mages with supportive priests + the fact that it can make ur character unkillable (enemy cannot pin you down)

Inquisitor's Strike
    -Oh you got blind rage,max frenzy and martyr's?
    -YES HAHAHAH,YOU'RE DONE THIS TIME FOR GOOD
    -Hmph snorts codly,taste my purity you impure evil being!
    Yeah pretty much this item is the perfect counter against fully "attached" enemies,since their frenzies (in warrs case) grant u also bonus damage ;D

Of course, Creature Of The Night makes this card even more aggresive...
    Now let's talk about Creature Of The Night and the effects it brought to the current game era
    -It's a perfect handicap which helps ur deck cycling
    -Best handicap in my opinion ur ally can get,expect if enemies posses silver attacks (Still +3 damage is enduarable but not Inquisitor's Strike )

Spark Of Undeath well this card is like double edged sword,it can hurt you or your enemy,it depends from cirtumances. Perfect handicap to "nerf" ur enemy into lowly zombie,but that blind rage +2 card draw can backfire really easily if not used right. I have seen people using it against enemies and to their own characters and I have to say it's really unique card which deserves some credit.
    One thing for sure,without armor or blocks,staying close to a zombie is not the best thing expect if u are prepared very well.

Daylight Really unpopular card to current game meta,but I can sense a lot of potential from it,it's like cleansing burst with well, way more bigger range and heal.Only minuses,but heavy ones, it can heal also enemies aaaaaaand compared to Inspiring Presence it's not even close as much effective to this ever living card,no matter the seasons.

Form cards:These "traits" are something which can add a little unique results in ur deck (but probably random,but hey if u are bored it's good to kill ur boredom)
    Zombies,Ghosts (too lazy to bother how they are properly called) and vamps are the not so popular ones,because their popularity was completely overshadowed from THEE WEREWOLF AWOOOOO!
    Expect the obvious fact that all form cards expect WW have more disantvantages than advantages (in other words expect special cirtumances were to come off,they are "kinda" useless) they can still be usefull on rares occasions...like when Wallpurgis Night FALLS DOWN... but still meh
    Werewolfs got the crown of the MVP of the form traits,because not only the +2 trait armor,but also because their cards are effective,yes.Whether AoA,armor penetrating damage,sundering,mad dog,armor and even mobility,they got it all and if used right they can deal masive amounts of damage and contribute a lot to ur win.
    Alas this sounds too perfect to be reality riiiiight? Yes it does actually,form cards don't have any parries and against silver attacks... well u know that the most terrifying monster can be turned into a adorable puppy,if it is still alive.

There are also still good cards about which I am too lazy to bother with explaining,but one last mention I wanna do is to Wallpurgis Night .
    I think this mandatory action card has bright future even if u don't believe me heheh,because expect causing chaos in both urs and enemy's formation.it has a effect that very few people noticed it's true worth,which is Purge.Every.Single.Target (expect if they have arrogant,but this armor is rarely used)
    To sum up,this update is very well balanced and I can say that the meta from CM items further mastery and use can be really interesting.

Sorry for any typos,but I am too lazy to bother re-reading what I typed down ,yeah laziness makes wonders.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  15. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

For 2/3 of the classes, sure. The other one, not so much.

16. Dark Brightness

Dark Brightness Orc Soldier

@gulo gulo with the current items wizards had before the CM,I don't think so there's anything else that it could be added.Silver bolt was also a really good upgrade,but that's enough no? I know vengeance makes it hard for wizards,but these updates also had another result which few people noticed,which is the nerf of 3 same class teams.In the old days,u would abuse ur better quality items with ur what ever 3 same class formation,crushing the other force.But this came to end,since there's need for synergy and deck adaption acording to the current month's maps.
    Also even though everyone says so,I have seen more than one 3 wizard teams getting past to 1600s,1700s or even reaching 1800s even after CM updates while using silver attacks or some other stuff like Battery or tokenless armor discarding items. I don't get it why u think it's unfair. It's way more harder now,yes,but it is still posible.

17. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

That's funny, because all but two of my matches yesterday were against three dwarf wizards, all using the exact same items. So, I don't think the dilution of team make-up has occurred, across the elos, as you think.

Honestly, the expansion would be fine for wizards if either:

a: Boo! was on less items (replace some of them with another spirit card like Memory Loss or something); or
    b; Boo! was a functional card in multiplayer, even if it had a completely different effect

I know of at least one, maybe two items that would become go-to arcane items if that card was usable, and the same for at least one staff. Is True Silver nice? Yes, it is, it has the highest base damage of any wizard staff, and it's a major minor. That being said, a wizard with two of them can still have their entire damage output nullified by a greater heal priest, so wizards are still second tier without being part of a priest build (because 2 wizards and a priest is a priest build, let's be honest. the wizards are ancillary). Pushing for a greater diversity in builds is nice, but I tend to just see the same builds with new items. I haven't seen anything that is pushing a group of people towards anything that would look radically different than before the expansion. I can't state if that is a result of the expansion or the constitution of the player base, however, and I don't know if it makes a difference.

It just stuck me as strange that I could take a team of three warriors, outfit them with items entirely from the CM expansion, and make the 1600s with ease. While I can't speak for priests, I certainly know that is not the case for a three-wizard team, seeing as how there's nothing with any sort of illusion barrier in the expansion, as a first example. I could digress off onto other tangents associated to this, but I already have a little, and they don't deal exclusively with the expansion, so I won't at this time.

I hope this elucidated my feelings a little more.

18. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

I too agree... Triple warrior with CM item are very good triple wizard with CM item are quite bad.