[Potential Bug] Combustible, Burning, and Armor

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Flaxative, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I say "potential bug" because I'm not sure if it's actually buggy, or if it's just intentionally changed behavior.

• Used to be, if you were Combustible and taking fire damage, but your armor prevented the full base fire damage, Combustible wouldn't add any damage. You would take, for instance, with Firestorm and Reliable Mail, 2 damage - 2 from armor = 0, and Combustible wouldn't figure into the equation. Combustible would only pop up if the base fire damage exceeded your armor.

• Now...
    Intentional change? Bug? Only the devs know!

2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Thireldhroses catches fire!
    Thireldhroses takes extra damage!
    Reliable Mail reduced damage to Thireldhroses by 2.
    Reliable Mail reduced damage to Thireldhroses by 2.
    Thireldhroses took 4 Fire damage.

Tested with Vulnerable and Combustible. The bug here seems to be handicaps proccing prior to cards in hand for Firestorm. Suspect its due to the last change for cards with global affects. Hope it helps.

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yes, all armor now triggers after other pre-damage effects whereas before armor and damage boosting effects were all mixed up together.

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Cool, so it was inconsistent before and now it's been made uniform?
    I'm fine with it either way just wanted to know what was up :)

5. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Is this by any chance true for blocks now too? I'm curious to know if things like lifesaving block will stop letting people get killed when they're hit with weird stuff like Touch of Death, or if that's going to continue to feel like a weird loophole.
    Letting combustible damage pile up before armor rolls feels exactly opposite to a block that lets a weak attack through that immediately adds a multiplier to it's effect afterwards.

Kalin and Flaxative like this.
  6. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Interesting point.

7. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Mythbuster time :)

Wendhondan lays a deadly touch on Torudorron
    Unholy Wellspring added 3 damage.
    Torudorron took 10 Unholy damage.
    Torudorron died.
    lockphase scored 2 points.
    Torudorron discarded Lifesaving Block.

Wendhondan lays a deadly touch on Torudorron
    Torudorron took 6 Unholy damage.
    Torudorron died.
    lockphase scored 2 points.
    Torudorron discarded Lifesaving Block.

8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

It's worth noting that now, after this change, Combustible triggers before Resistant Hide does, slowing down the gameplay unnecessarily.

Also, Firestarter is much more effective since your opponent can't stop everything Burning 2 with a single Reliable Mail.

9. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

No, it's just an Armor change.