Possibility of letting us submit lines of coding to add new stuff/functions to the game?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Lucky Dice, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Let's be honest - CH as a structure hadn't changed a lot since... Dare I say addition of CoC? CoC was the thing that was most different from existing stuff. After that, I guess forms could qualify, though it's kind of like CoC characters on a timer with smaller decks... But that's about it. Currently I'm just speaking for myself, but I bet there are people willing to help with adding new functionality to the game. Something like giving guilds more possibilities (in-game guild chat, gaining one of guildmates' randimar selections in your own randimar, just for an example of the kind of stuff) or a dedicated section of veterans coding some balance changes/mechanics changes/item changes... Okay, that last one might be a bit extreme, but you get the idea.

I feel like I want to help, but I can't really find a suitable place. So just giving us a way to add new stuff would be great, even if our reward was a sense of accomplishment.

I realize you're looking through each of our suggestions and consider them, but I also know that the dev team for the game isn't really the biggest. Currently your team page lists 10 people working at Blue Manchu. Since my only analysis currently (at least in the world of game-making) is comparing the size of dev teams and games they work on, Team Fortress 2 currently has probably about 5-10 people working on it, additionally dealing with spaghetti code left by previous workers. I don't mind helping hands and I wish I could be one in case of this game, because this is the game I truly love and end up coming back to all the time. It's just that the lone fact that so little changes over time makes me wish I could do something about it.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    wereviper and tolkien like this.