Poor mans 1600 build

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Alcibiade_2nd, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Alcibiade_2nd

Alcibiade_2nd Kobold

Hey all, I tought I would share with you my first built that shot me to the 1600. Since then, Ive changed it a lot. I know its not the best, so why should you be interested in it? Because its its composed of only one legendary, no epic, the rest of the items are rare, uncommons or commons.

Rock
    Level 20 Elf Warrior

Between
    Level 21 Human Priest

Hard Place
    Level 20 Elf Warrior

The point is all about creating card advantage with the parries and the demonic powers. You have to protect the preist a bit, but sometimes I would let him be sacrificed while my elves killed the primery damage dealer. They are usually strong enought to hold they own even if the preist is dead, with their whopping 6 useful blocks...

Has for the legendary Firebrands, it can pretty much be replaced by any mass frenzy weapon like the Feiry pike or even the madman maul.

So again, I know its not a optimun built, its just that I was happy with this build based on mostly rares and lower rarities items that brought me first to the 1600.

Jacques and kogi like this.
  2. doog37

doog37 Hydra

How well does this work against mage heavy builds?

3. Huey Laforet

Huey Laforet Orc Soldier

Pretty bad I'd guess

4. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Well considering you only get one Dash per turn, and few moves greater than 2, against very common Frost Jolts and Winds of War... I'm guessing it has some problems.

Some questions: Why use Novice Crushing instead of Novice Bruising? The difference only boosts three attacks but lowers your consistency. I'd rather draw Bruiser and proc a Powerful Bludgeon this turn then draw Simple Bash and draw Powerful Bludgeon next turn.

Also, seeing as you already have Parrying Buckler, you should consider Warrior's Mace instead of Blocking Mace. For normal MP I find the difference is major.

If you have problems with wizards, you should use Perfect Command on your priest.

My biggest concern with your build is that you have so many different traits and attachments. The warriors have Crusher/Slippery/Blind Rage/Elven Mobility and your priest has Mass Frenzy/Stone Feet/Martyr's Blessing. It seems kind of ramshackle and I wonder how often you will lose your own attachments especially against fire and frost wizards.

But hey, the build looks nice and different from what I'm used to. I'd like to play against it, see what it can do.

Flaxative likes this.
  5. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

I would definitely make some changes, even keeping the rare or lower thing, but the fact that you arrived to the 1600 with this build is worthy of mention. Good work!

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

7. Alcibiade_2nd

Alcibiade_2nd Kobold

Never had problems with mage heavy builds. Using cover and pincer moves on mages with your warriors is key. Also, all the cards on the elvens racial and the Quick Reactions on the Coifs was enough against mages. This deck weakness was the usual ww ns build since they run around your parry. I would sometime wins by surprising a dwarf with the attack dmg density or when ww rng would like me, but...

Jade303: For the novice bruising, you are right. I would now use novice impaling (I feel like 3 impaling is better than 4 regular). I just wanted to show how I used it for a long time. I'm now a better deckbuilder and I still play this kind of elf blitz deck, but i've changed it a lot. Maybe I will post my new build, when I overhaul it again :). As for the warrior mace, maybe, but im not a fan of lunging hack, and I was ready to trade two of those for a parry and a unreliable block. I'll try it sometime, since a MF lunging hack should still be useful. Same for the attachment, my new build changed that a bit.

Thanks Jacque and Flaxative!

Jacques likes this.