[Poll] Alozyo's Arsenal November Community Choice

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 2, 2015.

?

Which of the following items belongs in the game?

Poll closed Nov 9, 2015.
  1. Magic Elves's Pressing Problems

28 vote(s)
    26.9%
  2. Phantom_Sun's Barbaric Helmet

13 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Brobat's Main Gauche

8 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Lucky Dice's Hu La Houp's Vicious Circle

29 vote(s)
    27.9%
  5. j3st3r's Colichemarde

7 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. Vakaz's Ranger's Hood

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. Vholes's Matador's Cloth

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. Hello World's Bouncer's Gloves

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. Hidden Jaguar's Purificator

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  10. Juxtapostion's Master's Rapier

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Have you run against Martyr/Imp Nimbus spammers in MP? If so, vote to purify that nonsense!

If only there was a purifying bash card to synergize with other Bashes...

Magic Elves likes this.
  2. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Nothing, but a victim to my purging priest.

3. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

I normally abstain from judging these sort of items because I don't want to trash anyone's hard work (yes, I know a lot of work goes into the developer created items but it's a well know fact that developers don't have feelings) but your post got quite a few likes so I'll give it a shot. Maybe sometime tomorrow after I've reflected over the items a bit more. I have to say though, there are much more items I'd be happy with getting this time around. Good job everyone.

4. Dieben

Dieben Lizardman Shopkeeper

This one I've been trying to answer for the better part of a day now. The issue I have run into is that there are so few ranged cards that deal physical damage like a thrown weapon would. I don't want to beat the long-decomposed body of the rogue class and I am reluctant to use the branch or tongue attacks since their thematic flavor is way off. Until additional cards are created, these card selections for this pair of items will have to do.

Sturdy Throwing Brick
    Level 12 Uncommon Arcane Item[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    (I considered Fumble here, but felt that Brain Burn balanced it better; was eventually talked into changing it. I wanted an attack that forces discards to represent concussions. Blunt missile really ought to do crushing damage. Level & rarity was determined using existing statistics.)

Revolutionary Cinderblock
    Level 13 Rare Divine Item [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    (I had very mixed feelings on this as well since stun is powerful and I didn't want to aid & abet cycling. So handicaps were basically out of the question.)
    I should probably make my own thread at some point for the Violent Protest item set. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  5. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

If you were giving them Brain Burn or Fumble it would be good, but the item shouldn't have Brain Burn(why does having a brick hurt your head?)

6. I am biased towards Magic Elves weapon because it has two of my favourite block on it :3

7. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

Then it'd be funny to say that they're the VP weapons....er, items..m

8. Dieben

Dieben Lizardman Shopkeeper

I should have gone with my gut on this one. You're right. First arcane item with fumble then. Revised in original post.

timeracers likes this.
  9. As much as I'd like to see triple purging strikes on a weapon, I want war cry on a not crappy helmet more.

seth arue and Lucky Dice like this.
  10. Stexe

War Cry for 1 blue token is on a lot of decent helms. Clumsy could be a lot worse than Ouch!, especially when it is costing a token. Granted, the helm isn't bad at all and gives you another way to get Penetrating. Just not sure I'd use it for a blue token over Bellowing Helm.

j3st3ri likes this.
  11. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

This seems like it's going to be really close, especially if the current voting trend continues. Maybe we should have a second poll and cut the items down to the top five and redistribute all the other votes to see if we can get a clear community favorite.

Magic Elves likes this.
  12. We could sort of do that now by having people change their vote.

timeracers, Flaxative and seth arue like this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah, no need to get fancy. If you voted for an item that's unlikely to win, and for whatever reason it's important for you to "make your vote count", you can change it (though I think it's pretty important to show support for the designers who don't win, too).

Vholes and Sir Veza like this.
  14. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Yes! Thanks for all the votes! I'm sorry you won't be able to hula-hoop somebody to death, unless you somehow persuade others!

15. Stexe

I was going to suggest that too. But since we can change votes I guess it isn't needed. A run off of all really close entries might still be good though.

16. Vholes

Vholes Thaumaturge

Wow, I didn't expect such brazen favoritism, but you all heard him. "If [...] it's important for [...] your vote [to] count [...] change it [to Matador's Cloth]."

17. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Let me preface this by saying that I am not a flavor kind of person. The only reason I even read flavor text in games is to pass the time while I wait for a really slow opponent to act and unfortunately for Card Hunter, cat videos are only a click away. What I look for in items is playability and uniqueness. I want something that I can actually use, bonus points if it does that with style. If an item is chock full of weak cards that will bum me out if I open it in a chest, it isn't getting my vote. No hard feelings people looking to bum me out. Now on to the reviews.

Pressing Problems
    This is a scary weapon that I am quite frankly surprised made it through. Disorienting Block and Pressing Bash are incredibly strong and both happen to be great at stealing occupied victory squares. Currently, you've got Dancer's Dagger and Spear Of Dancing for weapons that give double Disorienting Block. However, neither are quite as strong or synergistic. The only thing holding Pressing Problems back is it's low damage for double major tokens but that's never stopped Vibrant Pain. Vote for this if you want a strong item that has an outside shot of being a metagame changer.

Barbaric Helmet
    I really want to like this helmet but War Cry is one of those cards I really really don't like playing. Unless you've got some Elvish Insight going, there's no guaranteed way to tell whether there are blocks to remove. Sure, if your opponent sends one character forward into your open arms, you can be pretty sure there's a block. Or it could be good armor, or Toughness, or Defender's Block on a teammate. Frenzy Aura on the other hand is fantastic. Clumsy is even pretty tame as handicaps go, especially if you are packing a lot of Step attacks. Vote for this if you want to see Frenzy Aura on a helmet.

Main Gauche
    The first of the flavortastic but unplayable items. Melee only blocks need to have a strong rider attached to incentivize choosing it over an all purpose block. A conditional card draw that triggers off small attacks that a lot of melee characters don't even have in their deck is not enough. Replacing a block is a weak attack is also a big no no. Vote for this if you are one of those weird flavor loving people.

Hu La Houp's Vicious Circle
    Violent Spin is great but that's not the main draw of this item. Five whopping copies of Berserk Spin makes this the most efficient weapon for mowing down mob swarms. Can you imagine Impenetrable Nimbusing up a warrior while tacking on one or two Frenzy buffs and going to town? I can't, or my mind will explode. As mentioned by others, Berserk Spin is also one of the few warrior attacks that doesn't target allowing you to hit mobs with Invisibility on. Vote for this if you'd like to show all those Firestorm wizards how farming is really done.

Colichemarde
    Flavor flavor flavor. At the cost of subpar cards of course. There isn't much more to it. Those Step one attacks are a huge blemish on an otherwise decent weapon. Vote for this if you like to pretend to be a fencer after you change a paper towel roll.

Ranger's Hood
    Scamper, Team! is no doubt an awesome card but Ranger's Hood is really really close to Forrtescue's Feathered Cap. In my opinion, Free Move isn't worth the blow out potential of a first round Sprint, Team!. Sure, there are maps where Scamper, Team! would be better like Ziggurat but Sprint, Team! is just miles better in the absence of difficult terrain. That said, the two are about even once you reach the mid game and that Thick Hide Armor can be surprisingly useful. Vote for this if you really don't like difficult terrain/love squirrels.

Matador's Cloth
    Two words. Jaguar Buckler. Vote for this if you've always wanted to taunt livestock.

Bouncer's Glove
    Wimpy is normally a deal breaker for normal warriors. Good thing Barge warriors are anything but normal. Don't let that Wimpy scare you. A Barge warrior is more about crowd control and less about beating face. I've been using Enormous Tree Branch for my Barge needs but that Blind Rage is awful. Too many times I've had to choose between holding Barges for later or taking a buttload of damage. A dose of Wimpy is just what the doctor ordered. This item has all the same positives as Pressing Problems and also throws in those Barges for good measure. I'm actually quite surprised both options Muscled Through :cool:. Vote for this if you've got Barge warrior fever.

Purificator
    Very techy weapon but quite honestly, warriors are the worst class for this sort of thing. They need to get up close and personal to do anything and you are sacrificing a lot of damage to get those Purge effects. Startling Strike is also very disappointing as it gets blocked just as easily as a regular attack. Still, for being cheap to equip and having a class bleeding effect, Purificator can be a great asset for builds that go priestless. Vote for this if you can't remember what the inside of a church/synagogue/mosque/whatever looks like.

Master's Rapier
    Master's Rapier knows what it wants and what it wants is to eat blocking chumps for breakfast. This is simply a solid, straightforward weapon. At major minor token, it fills in a very limited roster of playable weapons too. It can be a little disheartening to know that Parry will still win out at least third of the time but every little bit helps. Vote for this if you just want to smack people no matter what they're holding.

18. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

The real reason peon is always so "busy". ;)

Sir Veza and Rebel7284 like this.
  19. Stexe

Very good analysis. I have a similar opinion for basically every item. Basically why I voted for Purificator over Pressing Problems (could potentially be extremely strong) and Hu La (mainly an SP item, but a cool one). Granted, I think if Purificaor wins my fire / armor removal version of it will never come to pass -- but I think I'm okay with that as long as Warriors got some decent reliable purging (now we just need it on Wizards).

20. Vholes

Vholes Thaumaturge

Finally someone who understands me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.