Playing on a tablet/phone

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by slowreflex, Sep 15, 2015.

1. slowreflex

slowreflex Goblin Champion

There are lots of pieces of information on the forums about this, but I'm still not quite 100% on it. Can you play on an iPad? Can you play on an Android? Which browsers do you use? Can you right-click?

I saw the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil demos and thought maybe you'd be able to right-click with that, but it doesn't look like it (from what I've read so far).

The new iPhone had 3D Touch, which also makes it sound like right-clicking could be possible, but I imagine a phone screen is too small to play efficiently.

Thanks.

-slowreflex

2. If you're interested in a Windows tablet I just bought an iRulu Walknbook W10 and it plays CH through browser and Steam with no issues. Even comes with a case and detachable keyboard for under $200.

I've also heard that people are able to play on iOS/Android with 3rd party flash browsers. I use Photon Browser on my Android phone to sign up for leagues or check out world chat when I'm out and about.

Bandreus likes this.
  3. I was able to play CH using Puffin Browser on iOS 8.4. It's a bit slow though.

EDIT: Remembered the name wrong

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  4. slowreflex

So when you play it, are you able to do the equivalent of right-clicking on things?

5. Well, the detachable keyboard has a trackpad and mouse buttons.

6. slowreflex

Sure, but not interested in that. People seem to think that the 3d Touch stuff Apple is doing will be capable of right-clicking, but the new iPad Pro doesn't have that feature. I don't think the Apple Pencil can right-click either, but I could be wrong.

Can you "hover"?

7. You mean mouse over? If you tap on a spot it seems to work most of the time but it's a bit finicky. In case you imagined a large, bulky keyboard, it still folds up inside the case WITH the keyboard attached and it manages to stay very thin in this arrangement.

8. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

I occasionally play via iPad running a remote connection to my PC. Splashtop works pretty well for this. Of course, I have to be on the same wifi network as my PC so it's great for the couch, not useful at all for traveling. I find the trackpad mouse mode works best here, and it means I can right-click.

9. slowreflex

10. Apparently so

11. slowreflex

Awesome, thanks. I just played Card Hunter on my Android phone using Puffin. Could hover and right-click. Was definitly playable. Only issue is that the screen is small on a phone so I had to scroll around quite a bit. I can imagine this would work quite well on a tablet, especially a larger one.

12. Predaking

Predaking Orc Soldier

I tried Puffin on my ipad but I guess its location dependant as it uses a server in the USA and as I am from the Netherlands and I have huge input lag.

Any of you using a android or windows tablet? I use a keyboard and mouse on my ipad from time to time so the input methods arent really a problem for me. Just need a device that runs flash and this game without any trouble.

13. jwilson

jwilson Kobold

I am at a loss, I have almost every collectible, but have never seen an eink tablet [​IMG]

What am I doing wrong? [​IMG] Where are they hiding? [​IMG]

Please help

14. jwilson

jwilson Kobold

Please recommend a tablet for up to R3,500. It will be used for browsing, reading, and viewing Google docs and spreadsheets. Preferably available locally, but an import would also be ok.