Per Turn MP Time Limit? Contribute Your Thoughts!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Jon, Jun 12, 2013.

?

How long should you get for each turn before the game passes for you?

1. Shorter than 30 seconds

2.7%
  2. 30 seconds

4.1%
  3. One minute

20.3%
  4. Two minutes

48.6%
  5. Three minutes

14.9%
  6. Longer than three minutes

9.5%
  1. After lots of really good games yesterday I hit a 'staller'. Obviously they had been doing well with this tactic as they were at around 1000 rank(!). After 3 mins, I started typing 'I can wait as long as you can' etc., but no response. I start reading (benefit of in-browser gaming!) and at 10 mins he moves his first character. Obviously hoping I've wandered off to get a win once I time out. I played straight back, then he kept waiting 2-3 mins to play each turn. I even started winning before I won by default (cos of leet skillz, naturally!). Really put a crimp in my evening though, very unfun. 2 missed turns on a 2 minutes timer during a game should be an instant defeat (I have, of course, reported and blocked this player, but still).

Whilst I like the 'clock' option mentioned where you can build up time through some quick play (and normal play will see some passes once or twice, giving you that turn boost), I think it would be hard for new players to read/understand (and might not even be clear to more experienced players). 2 strikes at 2 minutes feels right to me to keep the game moving and fun. I don't mind long games (had a 37 minute epic last night!) but I do mind the deliberate stalling. I'd possible go so far as to suggest an additional 5 minute delay to starting new matches if you get knocked out in this way, to really rub it in, but that's because I'm mean ;-).

2. ratapwnz

ratapwnz Kobold

I think the best way is here:

Both players got 30 sec for turn + 3 min bonus time.
    So if u sepnt 30 sec, you begin to use bonus time. Bonus time shared for all your turns in one game.
    That means you can make one 3:30 turn and many 30 sec turns or many 45 sec turns and so on. I hope u get the point.

Sometimes you really need more time then usually for turn and static 30 sec is not enought, but for most turns 30 sec is ok.

Also you need afk timer. If player take no action 2 turns a row or 4 turns per match he automaticly get lose and he cant join new game for next 10 minutes.

Also we need option ASK FOR MORE TIME. As exemple: you run out of your 3 bonus minutes but match seems pretty complicated and interesting for both players - you press ASK FOR MORE TIME. If oponent likes he can press OK and give you 1 or more minutes to your bonus time whatever he wanna.
    I think it very important option if you play in good community. Also you can make STOP TIMER option - if both oponent press it timers stops permanenley. If you both did so START TIMER option will avalible if one of you will take no actions (go afk) for 5 minutes or more.

Also you need SOUND ALERT button - if oponent AFK more then 2 minutes you can press it and he will get sound message (he can go alt tab and forget about the game or whatever). This alert will avalible again in 15 seconds if oponent still AFK.

/disscuss

p.s. time values is change subject, concept is more important.

3. Swiffle

Swiffle Mushroom Warrior

About the timer, it seems like it's not just running when making decisions. At the end of the turn, when the second player hits pass, his timer continues after cards are discarded even though card effects are resolving, lava, damage over time, acid etc, and new cards are being drawn.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. Fionny

Fionny Kobold

This needs to happen asap... 20minute staller in current game... im not giving him the free win:

Staller: Pillow Lord

5. Ikeren

Ikeren Kobold

I just stalled out my first game due to an interaction with the police that had more to do with the other half of my duplex than with mine and I wish I had realized the knock on the door would take more than 30 seconds to say "go away." I wish there was a 2 minute timer for my opponent in this case.

6. sharphands

sharphands Kobold

user Ursal afking for the entire round when he was losing 4 stars to 0. This has to get addressed as soon as possible. Happens way too often. Not even worth playing anymore.

7. kshowie

kshowie Kobold

I can't believe they still haven't implemented a turn timer.. this is ridiculous.. Too many stallers in this game and at 20 minutes a whack it's getting very fustrating!

8. nadeyyo

nadeyyo Kobold

Hello! I've just reported (REDACTED) for stalling, first time I report an user, he was losing and holding the game every turn, when he was getting short of time started to play faster and disconnected when he had only one minute left. Here is the screenshot:

[​IMG]

I don't know if I'm overreacting this, but it was a very annoying game. Hope it helps.

Have fun.

9. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Nadeyyo, as you have already reported the user the proper way (with the ingame tools), I'll remove the screenshot and username from your post. Try to avoid "naming and shaming" on the forums (as that makes for a less friendly climate), even in cases where you have reason to believe someone acted in bad spirit. The ingame logs will be enough to show this to the devs, and hopefully you understand my reasoning for editing your post. :)

10. nadeyyo

nadeyyo Kobold

Sorry I was angry when I wrote my post and I forgot not to use names, I understand your edit perfectly, I was thinking in editing my post to remove the username in the image and text when you have posted your reply.

I will take that into account next time, sorry again for being rude.

Pengw1n likes this.