Peasant Tournament - Final Standings

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hey everyone! Thanks for making the first Card Hunter tournament the (moderate) success that it was. I'd like to give a huge thank-you to all the players, and all the spectators, who kept the event fun and dynamic! And I'd like to thank Farbs, Jon, and Megadestructo for their support in this endeavor.

The final standings for the event are as follows.

1. TheShadowTitan (4-0) <--- WINNER!!
    2. Stexe (3-1)
    3. Scared Little Girl (3-1)
    4. CT5 (3-1)
    5. ItsEtai (3-1)
    6. Mosalla (2-2)
    7. ArcadianRook (2-2)
    8. Alfonze (2-2)
    9. thedoughster (2-2)
    10. Tuknir (1-3)
    11. Dave (1-3)
    12. ElShafto (1-3)
    13. PIZZA (1-3)
    14. Tragus (DROP)
    15. Stormyknight (DROP)
    16. Red Mage (DROP)

Huge congratulations to everyone who finished in the prize, and especially to TheShadowTitan for taking 1st place :)

I am currently contacting Jon to get prizes to those of you who won prize. The original prize structure did not use all the pizza he put up for the event, so I am going to distribute the leftovers to everyone who showed up to all their matches. This comes out to 50 pizza/person, on top of normal prizes.

In the next few days, I'll be doing some analysis of build and map performance, the implications the tournament has for the peasant format on the whole, as well as lessons learned from the event and how best to proceed with future events. If anyone wants to document the event on the Card Hunter Wiki, that would be awesome!

All videos from the event can be found here.

dashv520, Lusus121, ReesJ and 5 others like this.
  2. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Thanks again Flaxative for running the whole show! Was a lot of fun :D
    Commentating with you was awesome.

ggs again to ElShafto, ItsEtai, Dave, and ArcadianRook. All our games went to the 3rd game, and were pretty darn exciting in general!

honestly, not much else to say aside from how fun this was haha
    so yeah. FUN.

:D

ElShafto and Flaxative like this.
  3. TheShadowTitan

TheShadowTitan #3 in Spring PvP Season

Thanks flaxative for running this tournament and thanks to devs to support it

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  4. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Gratz TheShadowTitan and thanks for all the ahrd work Flaxative.

Hope that in a near future theres more :)

Flaxative and TheShadowTitan like this.
  5. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Gratz everyone, and once again a huge thanks to Flaxative for running this. I'm really looking forward to the lessons learned writeup - hopefully we can find ways to make tournament wrangling easier in future.

6. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Thanks for organizing it all and to TheShadowTitan for a great final match. If I was going to lose to anyone I'm glad it was to him.

(Even though I did statistically roll super, super poorly and failed something like 8 more than I should have :confused:)

Also, Flaxative deserves at least some pizza for organizing and running the whole thing!

TheShadowTitan likes this.
  7. TheShadowTitan

TheShadowTitan #3 in Spring PvP Season

Good games and well played Stexe. I agree with you, flaxative deserves a really good prize, he did a ready good work.

Stexe likes this.
  8. Mosalla

Mosalla Orc Soldier

I agree with all above. :D Thanks everyone involved - it had been fun and we have some video proof of that! :D

Flaxative likes this.
  9. PaladinGP

PaladinGP #1 in Spring PvP Season

The final was a really interesting match to watch: well done to all!

Is Flaxative going to post decklists?

Flaxative likes this.
  10. Stexe

Probably, give him a few days to organize the data. I heard he was going to do some statistics on it. Curious to see what they are.

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hey thanks for the kind words all. Glad you had fun. :)

12. Aiven

Aiven Orc Soldier

So up for the next one :)

Flaxative likes this.
  13. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Count me in for big thanks to Flaxative too!

I've just distributed the pizza prizes. Let me know if you didn't receive yours for any reason.

ElShafto and Flaxative like this.
  14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Bon appétit everyone!

Thanks Jon :)

15. Mosalla

Mosalla Orc Soldier

I had a pizza delivered by some sexy girl! And I did not have to pay the bill. ;)

Flaxative likes this.
  16. RedLineFire

RedLineFire Kobold

Grats everyone! Thanks Flax for setting this up and recording the youtube recaps. They were all very enjoyable to watch as a new player.

Stexe and Flaxative like this.
  17. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

Thanks Jon, Flax, all the participants and all the spectators.

My goal for the next tourney: 10th place ! :)

Flaxative likes this.
  18. Stexe

That's pretty good, considering the next tournament will have over 100 contestants... right? :-P

Flaxative likes this.
  19. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

How diverse were the top 5 decks? Just curious, didn't get to see any matches.

20. Stexe

I only really studied SLG and TheShadowTitan, but they were fairly different. SLG and I both ran 3DC, but SLG focused on Winds Of War (Pearwood Staff) while I focused on cold (Chillwood Staff).

TheShadowTitan ran an adventure party with 3 Double-edged Swords on his Warrior, Lifesuck Spear / Silver Healing Ring / Glinting Eye Hammer, and Whirlwind Enemies / Winds Of War on his Wizard. He then sideboarded his Wizard with a ton of Counterspell and Wall Of Illusion to combat people like SLG and my deck.

Aiven likes this.