"Peasant" Card Hunter - Low-Powered PvP

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Dec 10, 2013.

?

Vote Yes if you are interested in playing this format

1. Yes

97.5%
  2. —

2.5%
  1. kogi

kogi Ogre

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thanks Kogi! You definitely have some competitive items in there, it was great seeing them in action. I look forward to hearing about your games and seeing how others adopt (and adapt) your peasant strategies!

I should post my own build soon, perhaps in its own thread. :)

3. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Really fun "module". makes us use some itens we would never look at then twice :)

i aprove

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Sisquinanamook

Sisquinanamook Orc Soldier

Just a small suggestion to posting your Peasant Builds:
    Maybe we should use the Deck Building Forum for this and put a [Peasant] in front of the build name as the thread titel.
    Like:
    [Peasant] Winds of War Build - Suggestions please
    [Peasant] Dancing Elves - My ultimate imba op build

This way everyone would know at first glance what the build is for and we can use this Thread here for Strategy Discussions and only link to the specific Build Thread if it is needed for further reference.

*cuddles*
    Sisquinanamook

Flaxative likes this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Definitely. This is how I was going to post my build if I ever got around to it. Thanks!

6. Krizmn1

Krizmn1 Mushroom Warrior

Is anyone interested in holding a "peasant" tournament on a specific date? If so we should make a new thread for it and list the date/time and contestants.

Bearson Onyx and Flaxative like this.
  7. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

I was just checking how much I'd have to replace on my current MP build:
    28 items (war/war/wiz) - 6 epic / 13 rare / 7 uncommon / 2 common and no legendaries.

Main culprit is my wizard, who could only keep the Counterblast Staff and Electroporter Novice. Mhh. I'll need to dig through my stuff to see what I can piece together, I don't have a lot of lvl 18 commons or uncommons yet :(

Flaxative likes this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I've got plans, I'll share them as they crystallize. :cool:

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hahaha that's kind of cool, a lot of wizards run SLG's "DC" which is mostly uncommons (Runestone & Electroporter Novice). Glimmering Boots work well in the build, as does Untrained Stoutness (my favorite). But hats off to you for playing a different kind of wizard, man :)

10. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

Glimmer boots are for pansy elves :) I think I'll use Winged Moccasins again, they were very effective on last month's maps. Sure, it's a major token, but fully worth it.

Flaxative likes this.
  11. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Hey, let me know what you guys plan on doing if you run some kind of unofficial tournament.

Flaxative likes this.
  12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Don't worry, I've been talking to the right people I think. I'll let you know if and when things look like they'll ever get off the ground :)

13. tuknir

Flax check your in-box. we could try it.
    My sugestions: start small
    -a 8-10 player league?
    -Each player would face the other twice. first game player A picks the map, second game player B do it..from a selection of 4-6 maps?
    -Each victory would give 3 points? Or maybe the winner would get 1 point for each character alive in the end of the game?(more tactical)

suggestion:
    - Players need "register" his/her deck? would have to use the same deck all tournament?

Flaxative likes this.
  14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I just find that using tokens on weapons is more important than using them on other gear in peasant. There're no blazing shortswords, etc..

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I've been planning some stuff, don't worry !

16. tuknir

ok i seen your message, lets bounce some ideas ;)

ps: i dont mind making some pvp maps for it :p

17. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

Well, let me build my party and we'll see.

Flaxative likes this.
  18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I posted my build in another thread, revealing my secret weapon (Dink's arsenal of heals). I encourage others to post their builds, to tweak their decks, and to keep playing! Tournament planning is happening—now's the time to practice :)

19. Genki

Genki Orc Soldier

Just wanted to chime in and say I think the whole thing is an awesome idea, good job Flaxative. Would love to be able to find games of this through the official matchmaking system. Best of luck to everyone in the upcoming tournament.

Flaxative likes this.
  20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Thanks Genki. There'll be more tournaments, and you can always ask for peasant opponents in lobby chat. :)