Path of Knives/Crude Plates not making it clear they are triggering in sequence

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Sir Knight, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Path Of Knives hurts those annoying Trog Gougers with every step they take. Crude Plates has a 3+ chance to reduce the damage, but if it succeeds then those jerks get a taste of their own keep-you-at-arm's-length medicine and are forced to back up a step. Path of Knives triggers again on that step back. He he he.

This sounds win-win for me, but there's a visual problem. Path of Knives and Crude Plates are still on the screen by the time the step back re-triggers it all. I'm just staring at an identical screen and don't know anything's happening until the armor text glows and a die rolls. If I weren't paying attention, I wouldn't even know WHY the die was rolled.

This gets slightly amusing when I trigger the sequence with yet a third card, e.g., Force Bolt. All three stay on the screen, though there's a little swapping of which one (knives or amor) is visually in front of the other this time.

2. Sir Knight

You know . . . I keep worrying about this combo. I've had Path Of Knives knock the Trog Gougers nine times in a row, twice: since they had multiple Crude Plates, it was inevitable that they'd backpedal across the entire map. All I have to do is use a Force Bolt, and the absurd sequence is guaranteed to happen. Should the Knives be changed?

Also, I'm curious: what would happen to a Gouger who selected a move card, but instead of moving just rotated in place? Would that trigger the Knives, thus spawning the ridiculous backpedaling? I'm trying to test, but it's really up to chance.

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I hate those trogs with a fiery vengeance make them run laps on your knifes until they cry! I'm not 100% but i think it triggers from moving a square right? So then it wouldn't work if they turn.

By the way what item gives you path of knives?

4. Sir Knight

See, there's the issue: I've seen it trigger when they haven't taken a step. I need to replicate it more. Give me time.

And the epic arcane item Booming Ring gives me two of the puppies. Plus a Force Bolt. BWA HA HA and all that.