Panic! At the Retirement Home

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Wandere, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Wandere

Wandere Lizardman Priest

Hey guys. This is my first attempt, so please be (fairly) gentle. ;)

Story:

Ah, retirement. You've all finally reached your golden years, and can settle down for the simple, blissful life you've always dreamed about. Ah, but what's this? A group of... whippersnappers ! And they all wish to tear you from the sanctuary you've spent many months turning into your home?! Well, this cannot stand!

Can the grey heirs of experience prove that age is truly but a number? Or will this brutal whirlwind of youth rule the day?

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Epilogue:

At last, your home is safe. You've culled the young and taught them a valuable lesson: that new tricks aren't so important when you have Massive Chop. You grab cantankerously at the remnants of your slaughter, before heading back home, grumbling about youth and aches, and whatever else enters your (elder) mind, really.

Advice:
    For the kill order, the berserkers should be first. The eggs should be last. And although he starts inside just in case he has a horrid opening hand, Batford is an extremely capable fighter, so if you get the cards, don't leave him there! And don't worry if Guztuk dies early (although avoiding it is best). He rarely makes it to round two with me. :)

Attached Files:

2. SirSrsly

SirSrsly Lizardman Priest

Haven't played the map but cute concept

Wandere likes this.
  3. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I won with all of my characters alive, admittedly Guztuk was on one HP and poisoned by Toxic Pulse but thats beside the point.
    This is a very fun map and I love the amounts of detail.

When you said
    I thought that the AI would have WhirlWind - making the map considerably harder, but also making use of The Elder Mind's blocks.

I also have a tip to kill The Captain: stack him up with lots of immunities and then light him up with Brain Hook.
    Also I dont know if anyone noticed: Guztuk's portrait is different to the actual figure :) - I dont know if its a bug or BM just dont have a portrait for him.

Improvements ideas:
    • Try adding or swapping out a character (probably The Captain) for one of those other brains with WhirlWind and see how that affects the gameplay.
    • Try taking Guztuk out of the game and see how much harder it gets, if thats too hard then add a servant or two in his place.

Wandere likes this.
  4. Wandere

Wandere Lizardman Priest

Thanks for the feedback. :) Made a modified version with:
    • An extra Rad Spider for difficulty.
    • Hyper Thalamus instead of Captain.
    I'm going to keep Guztuk because I like him being there on a flavour level, even when he can carve through the enemies like butter a little bit. I don't know which version I prefer. It bothers me a little that this new version limits player control somewhat, while I think overall it's more fun. :confused:

Attached Files:

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  5. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Version two was a lot harder, I survived with Guztuk and Lumbrez at about 8 HP each.
    I will note that it was hard even though the goblins drew 3 raging strikes on the first round.
    Berserker with 3 raging strike.jpg
    I really enjoyed both versions and cant think of any improvements other than souping up the board with more doodads! Well done.

Wandere likes this.