Pakkuman !

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Phaselock, May 14, 2013.

1. DragonMind

DragonMind Mushroom Warrior

Nice with support for the extremely large maps.
    ...now if you could delay spawn of monsters until a certain round or amount of spawned monsters killed,
    I could easily see that some kind of adventure map more true to pen & paper dungeons could be made,
    but it's just a thought, unless the feature(s) are there, but not introduced on those lower levels I play atm.

2. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

The game currently doesn't support spawning characters mid-battle, but that is something we've talked about from time to time. I'll keep it in mind.

3. Farbs

Zombie Apocalypse Update
    Having trapped various 2x2 creatures in a cabin in the woods and then set 15 zombies upon them I can report:
    Tvericus is pretty handy against zombs, especially since Only Bones negates much of their damage.
    Melvelous is utterly useless in this sort of situation.
    Greenfang is incredible. Lay acid across all the doorways and swipe with claws at anything that comes close.

Back to work now...

4. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

What about the four headed hydra and the 2x2 boss of the trees ? ;)

I'd suggest an initial board limit not exceeding 20 x 20 (400 squares should be more than enough). Perhaps if its not too much, could you also extend the spawns from Player0 and Player1 to Player2 and Player3 ? I'm thinking co-op functionality !

5. Farbs

I don't see any reason to limit it to 20x20. Am very happy to let people get creative with massive boards. 100x100 shouldn't hurt the server, for instance.

When it comes to implementing co-op, data formats are the least of our worries!

6. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

damn, I need a bigger monitor.

7. DragonMind

DragonMind Mushroom Warrior

Or you could just drag the screen around on the board to scout the whole map/board, like the rest of us mortals :D

8. Farbs

Welp, I've submitted the new version to our repository. Depending on how releases are going, it'll land in either the next one or the one after that. We'll probably see it live later this week, at which point I'll make a start on documenting it.
    Enjoy!

Phaselock likes this.
  9. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Gonna be a while before I find time to test the new editor. Sharing out a modified pvp pakkuman brd file for custom scenarios. There should be 10 difficult terrains in the map (in case, I fouled up the last save). Enjoy ! :)

Attached Files: