obliterating hack and all out attack problems

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by SurgeonFish, Feb 7, 2013.

1. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

These two cards combined can oneshot all but the dwarf warrior. This combo needs a nerf I feel. Ither tuning the damage down on obliterating hack or all out attack. If you plan on higher levels in the future than I would preffer a nerf to all out attack.

If ya don't know obliterating hack does 17 damage to a single target. All out attack doubles the damage of an attack made.

2. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

So far you can have at max 2 all out attack cards out of 36 cards - you draw 2 each turn so the chance of grabbing obliterating hack and all out attack is very small, in fact it's not the real issue - because most likely you should have enough defensive capabilities to get rid of nasty warrior and his deadly combo... unless you're against two or triple warrior combo... then it gets tricky :)

Edit: Very important thing to note is that you have to keep all out attack in your hand and not use any attack once you've got it in your hand - as it will double the damage of your next card, you can't choose to trigger it or not.

3. RoflCat

RoflCat Goblin Champion

Given the restriction on the setup (can't attack with AOA in hand until you get that Obli), it does feel like one of those 'turn 1 kill' in MtG which makes for a fine spectable if a bit unlikely.

You can use Inspiration priests to help the warrior go through the deck fast though (as well as Holy/Unholy Frenzy)

It does make the idea of Elf Warrior (for that 4move) + 2 Dwarf Priests (for more HP) a tempting one.

Especially the idea of a warrior with 7-8 cards in hand, and both Holy/Unholy Frezy up, go around chopping things to death.

4. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Like Gabbek said i think it is fine as it is both unlikely/hard to set up and not that hard to stop with many forms of control or defensive skills. I am even strongly considering moving away from this combo for one reason called Toughnessi almost lost 2 matches to wasting 2 strong cards on a dwarf with toughness. I was even attacking from the back which again wasted positioning cards as well so more like 3-4 cards and waiting turns to attack to save it so more like 5 cards. So that is a 5 card investment stopped with a single card despite me attacking from behind.

5. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

I have 3 in my deck, i know you can have more

6. RoflCat

RoflCat Goblin Champion

On that note Surgeon, does multiple AOA stacks?

Like if you play Bludgeon and have 2 AOA in hand, will it do 4 * 2 * 2 = 16 damage?

7. TheRev

TheRev Orc Soldier

The most I saw on equipment was 4 of each,

One on the AOA on a helmet, Armor, Weapon, Martial skill. Now could be more, but your going to need the other two weapon slots for the 4 obliterating hack. (Which is 2 per weapon). Just to note something like this would at least take two bronze talent points though.. so would have to be kinda high level to do.

I could be wrong there might.. be another way to get another one? But those are really good odds, just hope they don't have a block, or steal attack card. heh

8. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Or Toughness, or Guardian Angel, or Impenetrable Nimbus or etc., etc.