Not sure if intentional: Can't play Traits/Mandatory actions

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by HerselfTheElf, Oct 31, 2016.

1. HerselfTheElf

HerselfTheElf Orc Soldier

I've had this happen twice now. Once on a MM mission (It had a lot of spiders with Radioactive Bite, I'm pretty sure it was the one with the Hydra) and just now on The Metallic Monstrosity.

It was triggered by Radioactive Pulse this time, I believe. You get a handicap trait and can't actually play it. I've had this happen now with Friendly Fire and Laser Spray, on the Hydra map with Morsel. I could end the round, play other cards, and at the end of the round I could just discard Friendly Fire and Laser Spray. I couldn't play them even if I wanted to. I tried to click them and nothing would happen.

2. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Since you were dealing with Rad Spiders and Pulses it's likely that you had an attachment on your character that prevented you from playing your traits/mandatory actions, such as Fright preventing the play of attack cards.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. HerselfTheElf

Nope. Only attachments I had were superstitious, mad dog, etc. I was playing normal attacks without problem.

Furthermore, Friendly Fire is a pure handicap card. Fright should not prevent me from playing it.

I think the problem arises when a certain type of card gets discarded (This has NEVER happened with Rad bombs etc, it's purely from Rad Bite and Pulse which both discard a card) and then it gets replaced with a trait/mandatory and the game just goes crazy.

4. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

There is a simple explanation about Friendly Fire. You had no allies to burn.

5. HerselfTheElf

I had multiple characters that were alive.

I know you guys don't trust me, but I'm telling you it's an actual bug.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Next time this happens, can you please take screenshots & copy and paste logs if possible? Would be helpful for us in tracking down the issue. Thanks!

7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

It's not that we don't believe you, it's that we're looking for a simple solution before a complicated one (this is why screenshots always help when reporting a bug).

By any chance were one of the "etc." attachments I'm Here About The Job? This would result in the precise situation you described.

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

That was my first thought too, since it's happened to me several times in EttSC.

Actually, I think in that case the card is playable but doesn't attach to anyone (IIRC some of my attempts in MM20.1).

9. HerselfTheElf

I can't seem to reproduce it, unfortunately.

However, it's not because of Fright/Hear Them Out/No target/Invisibility.

When Hear them out is on all enemies (or invisible, or squeamish) it says "No valid target". If I can't play a card due to fright (Happened when trying to reproduce the effect) the card moves up a little when mousing over it, but clicking it does nothing.

The bug I am talking about has no response whatsoever when mousing over and trying to click the card. As said, it ONLY affects those cards that discard a card in hand and then create a handicap card in hand. It does not seem to occur with Rad bolt/Bomb/etc.

I can also confirm (MM 20) that Friendly Fire has to be used but does nothing if there's no valid target in a normal situation.

I didn't have screenshots because this only happened twice after attempting the mission for the umpteenth time. It's also quite a difficult one to reproduce as it probably only happens in a very specific situation. Maybe it happens when you start the round (cannot confirm this, just a suspicion due to the rarity) and you have Traits that have to be played, and the Trait gets discarded because the enemy acts first and is replaced by a handicap trait/mandatory action.

It's also not really serious so maybe people just shrug (like I did the first time in the MM 20 mission when I couldn't play Morsel) and play on.

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

No, we're talking about when the mutants play Hear Them Out causing your chars to get I'm Here About The Job.

11. HerselfTheElf

My chars only had Nimbus/Superstitious and Mad Dog attached.

I tried to reproduce to screenshot but I can't seem to manage that.