Not much to do after SP campaign/Poll on PvP, how many a day

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Tryan, Oct 14, 2013.

?

How many PvP matches do you play a day on average

1. Until I win the first gold chest

15.8%
  2. Until I win the second gold chest

26.3%
  3. Until I win the third gold chest

15.8%
  4. Until I win the fourth gold chest

10.5%
  5. Until I win the purple epic chest

5.3%
  6. I don't PvP

26.3%
  1. Tryan

Tryan Kobold

So I completed the SP campaign in about 2 weeks (regular quests). Since then have been messing about with PvP but the problem with that is that only the first 3 gold chests are viable from a time/ reward ratio perspective. It takes me on average an hour to 1.5 hours to get to the first 2 gold chests and another 1.5 - 2 hours to get to the third gold chest. I find it's not worth the time to grind another 6 - 8 hours to get to the purple epic chest so am limiting myself to the 2nd or 3rd gold chest each day.

This is fine on week days when I think most of us will not have that much time to spare but on weekends where you may have a longer gaming period, this doesn't seem ideal since the time/reward ratio for anything more than the first 3 chests deters spending much more time on the game. In fact, once I get the third chest and even if I have time to spare, I usually won't bother going on to the next wooden chest. The problem I feel is that the wooden chests are so useless right now that there really isn't much point to getting them.

Just wondering if anyone is facing the same problem and how many PvP matches you generally go for each day on average.

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Did you try any of the SP quests? Those give a guaranteed rare+ item on completion - you can even decide what level item you want based on the lvl of the module. So there is that, if you don't feel like putting that time into MP.

3. Tryan

Tryan Kobold

Have tried some of the no death quests for the higher levels but personally it's not really for me. The idea of replaying earlier quests with level reduced characters is a bit too much trouble for my liking. That said, even if I did decide to go for it, it will extend gameplay by an additional two - three weeks, maybe a month. Unless Blue Manchu intends to expand the base game every two months or so, we will still need to turn to PvP at some point. At this stage, I must say I prefer PvP alot more and it would be great if it could be made more rewarding. A guaranteed rare every 3 - 4 matches would work in addition to the current escalation (i.e. two rares at some point, an epic at a later stage) and this would even things up with the SP campaign where its also one rare for every 3 -4 adventures.

4. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Usul i try get at least the 2 gold chests per day in pvp. my goal is to get the purple every single time, but i keep getting bored or without pacience and/or time.

Single player can be fun,doing those challenges.
    Another fun and underrated way to full enjoy this game is the custom games. I can lose many hours making my own adventure. And its always fun and very challeging playing other people modules