Noob doubt

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Auror, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Auror

Auror Kobold

HI!
    Im new on CardHunter, i started to play today. I want to know when id the best time to buy the basic edition and the AOTA bundle. Im writing this beacuse of if i dont understand bad these packs bring new adventures for some spceific levels so when is the right level to buy them?

Other question is, is important to buy them or you can play normally without this bundles?

Thanks very much

2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

The premium adventures (called treasure hunts) are not needed. If you are buying the bundles consider timing so that you get the most of the club membership though (lasts 30 days for those bundles).
    Personally I have bought all the treasure hunts and all of the skins that I wanted to support the game in addition to getting said content.

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Basic edition gives 11 treasure hunts, one each for levels 6-17 (but not level 15). When the first one shows up on the map Gary will give you 40 pizza to unlock it, but you can use that pizza for something else if you want.

AtoA is six modules, one each levels 7-9 (first one is free) and 3 at level 18.
    EttSC is six modules, two each levels 19-21 (first one free again)
    AI is 3 modules at level 12, none free, but beating each unlocks a free Hard Mode version of it.

The thing is, if you only want the treasure hunts, it's cheaper to just buy pizza then buy them as sets in game (30 pizza each if you buy a whole set at once). The main savings with the bundles is the figures which cost 80 pizza each if bought from Cuthbert. The bundles also include club membership which gives you an extra item every time you win a battle, and memberships stack (+30 days for each bundle).

4. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I wouldn't use the word stack. I think the word extend or any synonyms word should be used. Imagine you have a card that applies a dot that does 3 damage for 3 turns. After 2 turns you apply it again. I would use the refresh if the dot duration is reset back to 3 turns. I would use the word extend if it increased the duration to 4 turns because it is 3 more turns then it was. I would use the word stack if you have 2 dots one which has 1 turn left and the other has 3 turns left.

Card Hunter attachments refresh when reapplied.

karadoc and wereviper like this.
  5. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

And when playing multiplayer, there's nothing to unlock at all ;)

wereviper likes this.
  6. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Timeracers,

I understood what Kalin said, though understandably our new player here may not of understood it. What I mean by understanding what Kalin ment was more ment like if you buy your membership before the previous membership expires then in essence the new membership goes into a "reserve" so to speak and then kicks out of the reserve in place of the currently expiring membership therefore as you said "refreshes" to the new membership.

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Actually, Timeracers is more accurate since there's no reserve. If you buy two bundles, it will show that you have 60 days of membership.

timeracers and wereviper like this.
  8. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Thanks for clearing that up for me Kalin :)

9. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

You don't need to buy them.

Only buy them if you want
    * more single player missions
    * more costumes (to change what your characters look like)
    * increased rate of treasure for 30 days.

If you aren't sure whether you want those things. Just play without buying anything until you've made up your mind. But if you do decide to buy them, then you want to buy it when you'll be able to get the most out of the 30 days of membership. And in that case, sooner is a little bit better than later, because the membership will give you a bit of a bonus on the loot you get for beating certain missions for the first time. That's not a big deal though.

The additional missions from the 'basic edition' are spread across pretty much all different character levels. You'll see the first on at around level 7.

The "Acquisitions Incorporated" expansion is essentially independent of your character level.

Attack of the Artefacts has two three low level missions and two three high level missions.

The Sky Citadel has only high level missions.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  10. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Doesn't it have 3 low level missions and 3 high level missions?

11. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

Yes. Sorry. I was thinking that first of the missions was free, and then I confused myself. Thanks. It is three of each.