New player pvp strategy

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Wozarg, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I notice a lot of new players having a rough time in pvp and i know for a fact if i hadn't had Sir Knight's wisdom to guide me through those early grueling matches i would also have been discouraged. So i wanted to give other players a similar opportunity for some guidance. Basically if you want to talk pvp or ask questions i will try to answer them to the best of my ability. If you post them here you will get more responses I'm sure but if you don't want to you are free to private message me and i will reply as fast as i can.

2. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

*flexes* and when you think you are good enough. I will break your spirit.

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

No breaking people before they are ready!

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Ready to fight or ready to be broken? All are equal in the eyes of The Spirit-Breaker.

5. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

*clears throat and tries to sound like a human warrior in full plate*
    You think i crushed your people and slew your family because i am a evil? You mistake my kindness for cruelty i simply freed them all from the sickness that is being weak!

6. barbalatte

barbalatte Mushroom Warrior

well they get scared away anyway since some have farmed all the best items, so there no chance to win at all with starter packs

7. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Are you referring to a single starter pack team or using all items that come from starter packs? In case you are the player nicknamed teemo i would also like to point out that when i faced you my account was effectively 3 days old or so as i had it reset completely so weeks of farming is not the issue.

8. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Oh? I direct your attention to the only time I've ever done well in multiplayer:
    Since then, I've pretty much lost everything, whether using the starter decks or my own creation. 'Twas only with the starter decks where I tasted victory. Ah, victory.

9. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

If it's any encouragement, I have spent hours feasting on free treasure chests and yet find myself consistently thrashed to within an inch of my life by the likes of Wozarg and Jon. I am in fact I'm considering changing my account name to Whipping Boy. Feel free to join in on the play the developer sessions on Tuesday night at 6PM PST. Perhaps I can provide you with a gentler, softer introduction to multiplayer.

10. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Also just a heads up if someone just wants a nice fair game i am more than happy to play with a premade party or if it is still possible the fixed demo fight.