New Game URL!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Mine is the same login error, it downloads OK, but the timeout is far too fast, I have tried copy/pasting my login details, but it still beats me after clicking login. No amount of refreshing worked for me - that was with ie9. I'll try again at home and see if I can replicate the problem.

I have disabled IPv6 at home though (for another reason), so I'll see if that has any effect.

Just as a matter of course, I'm connecting from the UK, anyone else with problems also Europe based?

2. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

Now that one is more interesting. It means the problem is fixed by re-attempting the connection. It might be worth us adding in an automatic retry of the initial connection if it fails before giving up. I'll put that on our TODO list.

3. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Ah, I'm actually getting this as we speak, and refreshing isn't helping - I'll try some stuff and see what happens.

Edit: My firewall is set up fairly restrictively, disabling it fixed my problem - I'll go hunting for the process.

4. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I have no firewall and i have the same problem at home once again leading me to believe the thing that makes sure you don't idle on the log in screen is working overtime and kicking you before you even have the chance to log in.

5. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

What browser are you using? Oddly, I seem to be fine with IE at home, but Firefox is hoofing me out when my Firewall is up (still hunting).

6. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Managed to get in now not sure why

7. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Orc Soldier

Maybe all of Europe is behind one giant firewall? :p

8. Hallas

Hallas Mushroom Warrior

Just checking in here to let the devs know that the new server causes the login error for my workplace as well.

9. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Orc Soldier

LOL, they are not so much concerned that we can't play through a company restricted proxy server.

10. Hallas

Hallas Mushroom Warrior

It's just odd that a change from 8080 to just 80 has caused it to do this for me. I was able to access it before. True, something at work is obviously blocking it, but the more they know why/how, the better.

j-wiz likes this.
  11. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

This worked for me just now give it a try leave it on the black disconnected screen for a few mins while you do other stuff then reload and you should have enough time to log in

12. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

After these few days, which included several deliberate log-off-and-on events, the only changes I've seen have been in loading. The second load time, after login, has been longer for me consistently.

13. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Although not hugely useful, I tested the newer client at work - it will now let me sit on the login screen without any error messages/timeout, but it won't let me log in (same message as before ~ "Connection failed"). It doesn't actually matter what I type into the password/username box - it doesn't seem to get to that stage of verification.

Probably firewall

14. Hallas

Hallas Mushroom Warrior

I'll check this out tomorrow as well.

15. Hallas

Hallas Mushroom Warrior

So I'm still hitting the connection error while sitting at the login screen. However, I don't think my client has updated either - it's still version 0.4920. I went to the alternative update link as well, didn't look like anything happened and still had a connection error.

EDIT: Routed internet through my phone to get the client updated and check that login worked. All was good. Reverted internet back to normal but the connection error while sitting in login screen still happens. Oh well :p

16. Katalizator

Katalizator Kobold

Any stress tests coming soon? =)

17. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

I did fix this for my home computer, although I got sidetracked and didn't post. It seems it wanted to contact Amazon using TCP port 9933 (and I believe 843) that my firewall was getting upset with; I was examining the traffic in resource monitor. Allowing that port sorted me out.

18. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

That's correct. The game should talk to the server at ports 9933 and 8080 when playing, and on port 8443 when completing a pizza purchase.

19. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Ah, lovely, thanks for the confirmation =D

20. Oops, I posted in the wrong spot! Silly me!