Need help with Mobile Web related things.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lucky Dice, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

So in 9 days or so I'll have my Wi-fi cut, because I'm moving to a place where Cable TV just won't exist (thanks house owner), and I'm going to need some internet access on my lappy. Preferably something that will STILL allow me to play online. What should I be looking for?

AFAIK I have some options to just buy SIM card, LTE access and all that jazz, which would make a reasonably priced router the only remaining component to buy. I have absolutely no idea whether this would be enough for me to play CH though.

So... yeah, need help. I can admit I'm addicted, both to this game and to the internet and without the connection I'm feeling like without a limb or a right hand, so this is pretty important to me.

2. Card Hunter does not tax your connection, so playing on LTE should not be a problem. It will be enough to satiate the addiction until you can find more reliable sources for your internet (for your steam games).

3. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

...Yeah, about that... That source will have to suffice for up to 2 years.

4. If nothing else works, your local coffee shop/library should have WiFi. I lived without home internet for a few months and that's what I did.

5. What did the cable company say when they inspected your home?
    Did they say it was not wired? No cable company connection node/line within the area of your home?
    A story of someone who went through a similar experience.

6. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

Eh. PRoblem solved. Owner agreed to have the internet connection set. She needs to talk to her kids on skype.

Thank God I'm not going for LTE.

7. Let that be a lesson for you: always check if the place you're renting will have proper internet. Also oven. Always gotta have a working oven (learned that the hard way...).