[need exemple] lava terrain trigger before card card attached

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Platouf, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Platouf

Platouf Mushroom Warrior

Hello,

I begin this post with a quote from the help page :

The Order of Play

When a new round begins, events occur in the following order:
    1. Start of Round Effects

Before any cards are played, existing effects and those caused by cards in each player’s hand are resolved in the following order:
    1. In Hand: All cards in the hand of the starting player that trigger at the start of turn resolve in order of oldest to newest, followed by all cards in hand of the opponent in the same way.
    2. Attachments: All cards attached to characters controlled by the starting player that trigger at the start of the round resolve. These are checked from oldest to newest, followed by those attached to characters controlled by the starting player’s opponent in the same way.
    3. All terrain attachments that trigger at the start of the round resolve. These are checked from the bottom of the board to the top proceeding by column from left to right and then by row from bottom to top.

I saw sometimes lava attachment trigger before card attached. I don't know why, I am searching a logic with this bug, I need your help ! when you found this bug can post on screen and the log of your game please?

For this game I don't have screen, but the log prove that priest have fireball attached on him, but lava trigger first.

The log :

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Msg=The active player is now Platouf
    stopTimer 0 799
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Platouf,Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Event=PlayAction,Action=Fireball,Instigator=Barazok,Targets=
    startTimer 1 916
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Msg=Melisandre took 4 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Msg=Attaching Fireball to Melisandre
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Msg=The active player is now Azuka
    stopTimer 1 908
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Azuka,Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Event=PlayAction,Action=Walk,Instigator=Melisandre,Targets=
    startTimer 1 908
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Player=Azuka,Actor=Melisandre,Event=Move,Origin=(7, 7),StartFacing=(0, -1),Destination=(7, 6),EndFacing=(0, -1)
    stopTimer 1 907
    startTimer 0 799
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Msg=The active player is now Platouf
    stopTimer 0 797
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Platouf,Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Event=PlayAction,Action=Walk,Instigator=Barazok,Targets=
    startTimer 0 797
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Player=Platouf,Actor=Barazok,Event=Move,Origin=(5, 3),StartFacing=(0, 1),Destination=(7, 5),EndFacing=(0, 1)
    stopTimer 0 796
    startTimer 1 907
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Msg=The active player is now Azuka
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Msg=Azuka passed.
    stopTimer 1 897
    startTimer 0 796
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Msg=Platouf passed.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Msg=All players passed, action phase complete.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Msg=Scoring Phase: initiated
    stopTimer 0 787
    startTimer 1 897
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Msg=Discard Phase: initiated
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Azuka,Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Group=Melisandre,Event=Needs to discard a card
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Player=Azuka,Event=SelectCardRequired,Selections=null|null|Demonic Feedback
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Player=Azuka,Event=SelectCard,Selection=[NULL]
    stopTimer 1 890
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Group=Melisandre,Event=Discard,Card=Demonic Feedback
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Msg=Turn Complete
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Msg=Starting round 6
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Event=Attachment Phase Initiated
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Azuka,Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Wall of Fire,TriggeringActor=[Null],AffectedActors=Barazok,TriggerType=StartTurn,TriggerLocation=SquareAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Msg=Barazok took 10 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Msg=Barazok died
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Msg=Platouf was defeated
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Group=Barazok,Event=Discard,Card=Acid Blast
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Group=Barazok,Event=Discard,Card=Hot Spot
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Dungeon,Room=Azuka vs Platouf,RoomID=218265,Event=GameOver

Friendly,
    Platouf.

2. Unlucky Scarecrow

Unlucky Scarecrow Goblin Champion

Yeah, I've noticed this change too. I lost a match yesterday because I was expecting Dimensional Traveller to trigger before Wall Of Fire; I would have been able to step to safety like I usually do, but instead my character was killed.

3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Had this happen to me as well, and could never really figure it out: It might be like this - attachments only trigger on YOUR round, so meaning - if the opponent passes first, you pass that step until turn switches control. Meaning dimensional traveller or similar doesn't come into effect until you're actually in control. Can't verify this atm, but might be a lead for the curious.

Or maybe not. This stuff is confusing - might even be a bug that causes the passive players trait to trigger after active players terrain...

Edit: Found my own old thread with confirmation of it not working as per the help text (active player's terrain seems to go before passive players attachments?)

4. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

This is exactly why I was so confused as to the order of things. I've has the same issue with sometimes slippery jumping someone off of terrain, and sometimes not.

Have we confirmed that the order Platouf posted is correct? I'd be happy to do testing in MP if anyone cares to.

5. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Check also the dev replies in the thread Pengw1n linked. One should test to see which statements really work.

6. Platouf

Platouf Mushroom Warrior

Hello,

I have a new example, this time is acid terrain who trigger first.

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Bridge,Room=Platouf vs hugoiam,RoomID=241403,Msg=All players passed, action phase complete.
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Bridge,Room=Platouf vs hugoiam,RoomID=241403,Msg=Scoring Phase: initiated
    stopTimer 1 1033
    startTimer 1 1033
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Bridge,Room=Platouf vs hugoiam,RoomID=241403,Msg=Discard Phase: initiated
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Platouf,Scenario=MP Bridge,Room=Platouf vs hugoiam,RoomID=241403,Group=Thagibryn,Event=Needs to discard a card
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Bridge,Room=Platouf vs hugoiam,RoomID=241403,Player=Platouf,Event=SelectCardRequired,Selections=Missile Block|Weak Chop|Missile Block
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Bridge,Room=Platouf vs hugoiam,RoomID=241403,Player=Platouf,Event=SelectCard,Selection=Weak Chop
    stopTimer 1 1031
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Bridge,Room=Platouf vs hugoiam,RoomID=241403,Group=Thagibryn,Event=Discard,Card=Weak Chop
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Bridge,Room=Platouf vs hugoiam,RoomID=241403,Msg=Turn Complete
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Bridge,Room=Platouf vs hugoiam,RoomID=241403,Msg=Starting round 3
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Bridge,Room=Platouf vs hugoiam,RoomID=241403,Event=Attachment Phase Initiated
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Platouf,Scenario=MP Bridge,Room=Platouf vs hugoiam,RoomID=241403,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Acid Blast,TriggeringActor=[Null],AffectedActors=Barazok,TriggerType=StartTurn,TriggerLocation=SquareAttachment
    startTimer 0 991
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Bridge,Room=Platouf vs hugoiam,RoomID=241403,Msg=Barazok took 3 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Platouf,Scenario=MP Bridge,Room=Platouf vs hugoiam,RoomID=241403,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Dimensional Traveller,TriggeringActor=[Null],AffectedActors=,TriggerType=StartTurn,TriggerLocation=ActorAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Bridge,Room=Platouf vs hugoiam,RoomID=241403,Player=hugoiam,Actor=Dawilid,Event=Move,Origin=(4, 6),StartFacing=(1, 0),Destination=(5, 6),EndFacing=(1, 0)
    stopTimer 0 981
    startTimer 0 981
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Platouf,Scenario=MP Bridge,Room=Platouf vs hugoiam,RoomID=241403,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Dimensional Traveller,TriggeringActor=[Null],AffectedActors=,TriggerType=StartTurn,TriggerLocation=ActorAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Bridge,Room=Platouf vs hugoiam,RoomID=241403,Player=hugoiam,Actor=Tineva,Event=Move,Origin=(11, 0),StartFacing=(0, -1),Destination=(11, 1),EndFacing=(0, 1)
    stopTimer 0 978
    startTimer 0 978
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Platouf,Scenario=MP Bridge,Room=Platouf vs hugoiam,RoomID=241403,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=Wall of Fire,TriggeringActor=[Null],AffectedActors=Varnrinn,TriggerType=StartTurn,TriggerLocation=SquareAttachment
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Bridge,Room=Platouf vs hugoiam,RoomID=241403,Msg=Varnrinn took 10 damage

Friendly,
    Platouf.

Attached Files:

7. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Hi, there are some exceptions to the ordering that is supposed to be observed. This is because some cards use an old rule pathway that happens after the proper start of turn triggers are ordered.

I've logged myself a task to fix this.

8. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

Great! When it's all said and done, can we get a rundown of how it ends up working?

9. Jon

It should eventually all work the way the help page describes.

10. penda

penda Mushroom Warrior

Thanks for this.

One more question along these lines, how does the game determine which side discards first? This is a minor issue that I'm sure not many people use, but seeing what people discard tells me a lot about their hand. It definitely influences my game but can also influence my discard decisions if I go second albeit not as heavily. I assumed the first person to pass is the first to enter discard phase, but that's not the case.

11. Jon

Oh, interesting. I would have thought it was the first person to pass too, but it turns out to be the person who went first at the start of the current round (not the next round).

12. Pazuzu

Pazuzu Mushroom Warrior

Is this still listed as a bug? Or is it a right mechanic? I noticed that Dimensional Traveller is quite useless with terrains since I can't know if it will trigger before or after.

13. Jon

I just fixed it :)

Pazuzu likes this.
  14. Heretiick

Heretiick Goblin Champion

Was this hotfixed or are you waiting until the next patch to implement?

15. Jon

It will be in the next build.

16. Pazuzu

Pazuzu Mushroom Warrior

Yay!