Mysterious Mom

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Settemio, May 12, 2021.

1. Settemio

Settemio Kobold

"Mom" showed up in PVP with a pretty strong team, not quite Cardotron2000 but still strong enough to be a challenge (for me, at least).

Then she disappeared, I haven't had her as an opponent or seen her in the currently playing games in about a month now. Was she related to the tournament? Or to something the Knights are doing surrounding the new campaign?

2. Gast86

Gast86 Ogre

I think she shows up less often because she has a lower ranking than the Cardotrons.

3. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Cardotron2000 consistently has the highest elo rating of all GM opponents, so once you reach a high enough elo you'll rarely if ever see Cardotron3000 or Mom anymore.

I think they should buff Cardotron3000 and Mom and make them appear at high elo just so there's some variety. This would also make it harder to farm elo by counterdecking vs a specific GM, if the decks have completely different counters.

4. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Hard to properly improve Cardo3k due to GM inability to adapt to attachments—such as entire decks full of Radiation...

Pumping Mom up could be interesting? Having GMs with AI and CM themes could be a different way to fill in some gaps, though. EDIT: Well, no AotA GM... perhaps the even more mysterious Amy could do AotA (plus her own cheaty p2w cards heheh). EDIT2: No, wait, Cardo2k is actually silently themed on AotA, isn't it? Huh.

5. Settemio

Settemio Kobold

I think what happened was: Mom's rating became much higher for some reason, so I was able to play a few games against her rather than Cardotron. However because she's easier to beat than Cardotron, she lost a lot of rating points and now I only see her playing against players with less than 1000 rating.