My Updated 1/1/1 Build

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by TheIvyX, May 12, 2020.

1. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

[​IMG]
    Human Priest
    Dwarf Warrior
    Dwarf Wizard

I've been trying to "one trick" a 1/1/1 build and have managed to get to around 1750 elo on one of the monthly map rotations with this setup. Larger maps are terrible as positioning for 4-range cards like Punishing Bolt and Telekinesis on the Wizard can ultimately lead to his death.

The whole build revolves around the classes doing what they're meant to be played as: a Warrior that runs up front to tank and prevent the opponent from progressing towards your other characters, a Wizard that provides damage and control in the backline, and a Priest that provides support in the backline as well.

The Priest could probably be changed to an Elf one with Insight. The shield isn't an Aegis Of The Defender in order to use 2 St Ulrich's Bones. Maybe it's because I'm super lucky but I've been able to draw a ton of Greater Heals in my games even though there's only 5 in the deck.

The Wizard specifically being a Dwarf is intentional in order to utilize Lucky Toughness against Warriors. Sometimes it isn't enough though so the only other option is to deal as much damage with Punishing Bolts and let the Warrior cleanup (sometimes the Priest can do it too).

The Dwarf Warrior is your classic "Nimble Strike" Warrior build. Nimble Strike is one hell of an attack when you pair it up with buffs from items like Evensong and Bronzebottom Cuirass. The attack can also get around block cards like Parry and gives a ton of mobility.

Some builds on the Forums gave me inspiration as well.

Uh, use this build at your own risk. Have fun and stuff.