My MP build...... need comments !

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Moogle Stiltzkin, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Moogle Stiltzkin

Moogle Stiltzkin Mushroom Warrior

2. kogi

kogi Ogre

OK, Here is what I think is a base template for a mage

Robes Of Lightness
    Electroporter Novice
    Trembling Staff
    Optional - Ballet Shoes

This gives you lots of traits so you can effectively draw the rest of your cards.
    You then need to choose what strategy your mage is going for. Like control and ground effects and then stack only the cards that you need

3. Moogle Stiltzkin

but i'm thinking i should switch to a 2 warrior and priest setup. i got too many good items not to make use of them. but i'm probably waiting for a priest weapon. she doesn't quite yet have killer weps yet. but the warriors are ready to go.

so my mp setup will have 2. what i got now, and the new 2 war with priest build :X so i can rotate between the 2 depending on how i am doing.

anyhow..... lightning bolt 9 dmg...... freeze (preferably, or the regular 2 movement slow frost)...... volcano....... telekenesis move 2 chars slide 3. with boosted damage from arcane aura armor, emergency whirlwind..... resistant hide..... 1-2 copies of firestorm just in case (MAX. i don't want anymore than this).

This is the sort of wizard i want to build :)

4. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Hey Moogle, I know we were talking in the chat about a more aggressive priest build. Here are some new ideas I have for you:
    Hand of Melvelous> Shuddering Relic
    Poisoned Relic>Shuddering Relic
    St Ulrich's Bones> Shielding Token /something else with Mass Frenzy for 1 blue token*
    Savage Plates> Burnished Plates
    Course if you end up with a Whiteglow the burnished plates have to go... but if not, you might fall in love with the Mass Frenzy+ Frenzy Aura when you are nimble striking people to death. Cheers!

5. Moogle Stiltzkin

good thing Burnished Plates showed in randimars. so bought it. also got a Lochaber's Axe

6. kogi

kogi Ogre

7. Moogle Stiltzkin

i got this.

also just bought some new stuff from randimars. for stave i bought another Staff Of Blazing Sparks in case i end up going for a trio dwarf wizard build in the future.

i also bought Black Walnut Staff as a replacement for Staff Of The Inferno when farming the higher level sp modules. for lower lv i use soti if i don't have tokens left, and it's safe to go with those debuff. for the harder modules, not a good idea.

also managed to nab a Lochaber's Axe from randimar's finally. i replaced Double-edge Sword for it. which i think is fine for both sp and mp, but more so for sp where it doesn't really matter as much.

i got the legendary dwarf martial skill because it has violent spin for a blue token. Could be good for some build so i got it.

got the Corian's Boots for the harness that doesn't toward card count. i'm thinking this could be useful for a wizard elf maybe.

tokenless arcane item, Pendant Of Artax got this too. i don't have many viable tokenless arcane items so i got it if i have more wizards.

Hylitia's Wand just found this from sp farming. looks alright, because blue token for 2 cone of cold and a acid blast.

Solid Iron Helmet i already got a bunch of good helmet's like the Wenham's Leather Coif and those Tough Leather Cap with double damage. but got it anyway, could be useful some how ....

bought a Scouring Axe, could work well with the volcano wizard build ? very possible, so got it.

got White Katana, although not as nice as the Lochaber's Axe i do think it could be useful for a warrior team, so someone at least has armor shredding capability.

other stuff i saw but did not buy.
    Waenog's White Chain - nice but needs gold token....
    Xander's Boots - i already have one. do i need another ? also there is another like this that only needs a blue token, kinda waiting for that to pop up.
    Inspired Command
    Command
    Fire Blinker Initiate
    Copper Amulet - tokenless but seems risky.
    Midnight Shroud - already have one meh.
    Shoddy Healing Token - hm ?
    Static Robes
    Superb Evasion
    Unsubtle Thinker

8. Moogle Stiltzkin

holy shi-t just found Quigley's Cap.

has 2 harnesses and a bunny team run :D for a single blue token !!!

9. Moogle Stiltzkin

Wym's Lavastaff fell in the p2w box... i cried so hard.... had 2 volcanoes and 4 firestorms.... and only for 2 blue tokens !!! jesus....

/slit wrist :(

10. Moogle Stiltzkin

I built 2 different melee templates. need advise which is superior.

First up, the human priest and 2 elf warrior combo.

Foxquinrast
    Level 1 Human Priest

1 x Minor Heal
    5 x Mind Worm
    1 x Heal
    2 x Altruism
    1 x Able Bash
    1 x Run
    1 x Quick Step
    1 x Wild Run

Gwinrimegal
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

1 x Hardy Mail
    1 x Blind Rage
    1 x Walk
    1 x Wild Run
    2 x Bruiser
    1 x Bludgeon
    1 x Team Run
    1 x Wimpy

Uthoran
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

2 x Weak Chop
    1 x Cowardly
    1 x Blind Rage
    1 x Barge
    1 x Dodge
    1 x Team Run
    2 x Slicer
    1 x Walk

and second is the 2 elf and a hume warrior trio

Gwinrimegal
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

Uthoran
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

Xerques
    Level 1 Human Warrior

advantage of the priest is the nice mass frenzy and savage buffs they get. Problem here is, i can't use my other movement helm which is kinda wasted. i wonder if i should ditch the priest slippery shield, and just add the St. Ulrich's Bones to replace that Shoddy Poisoned Relic. then i'd have at least martyr and a counter for lava and other tile traps.

The advantage of the all warrior group is i can fully use my 2nd movement helmet.... and have more damage dealers in the team. i don't have enough tokens to use my arrogant armor .... i'm using rather shoddy tokenless chest armor alternatives. same problem for shields, wish i could use my slippery shields but no tokens.

any tips ?

11. I've played a lot with 3 warriors and even more with 2 warriors and one priest. I think the latter deals more damage and is more versatile, but it of course depends on many variables.

The way I see it, you cannot evaluate damage simply by looking at the numbers on the cards. What a priest does is help warriors deal that damage. For example in my setup I have Purge, which has helped me a lot in many situations. While Purge itself does not deal any damage, it frees the warriors from encumber (or whatever) so that they can deal their damage.

Also a priest can be built so that it deals almost as much damage as a Warrior. Just dump healing and other defensive cards and go with tons of vampiric cards and tons of Mass Frenzy. I did that and got to 1400-1500 rating pretty easily. Funny thing about a build like that is that you can go head-to-head with a warrior and win pretty much every single time. What you lack of course is mobility.

Main advantages of full Warrior team are probably extra team movement and Arrogant Armor. Those are nice of course, but I personally think that Mass Frenzy is a lot better, especially when combined with step attacks.

12. Moogle Stiltzkin

k so priest + 2 elf warriors it is :/ but what items should i use from the ones i listed ?

13. ArcadianRook

ArcadianRook Goblin Champion

wait... what? ... rephrase that, plz?

14. Moogle Stiltzkin

i got that really early on, when i just started to realize i needed a firestorm build for efficient sp farming...

sorry i was using your weed, so i couldn't type coherently LOL!

By the way just found Ulalia's Boots

15. There's no simple right or wrong answer to that. Just take whatever you like to play and keep tweaking until it works. I would recommend going full-damage as much as possible because it leads to faster matches, and often also helps you win those matches because healing/defense in Card Hunter does not come even close to negating the damage done by attack cards.

I had a quick look at the your Elf Warriors. If you want to use Elves, I highly recommend you take items that have Elvish Insight or Slippery. Without either of those, I wouldn't use Elves because other races are better. I like Elvish Insight more myself because it's fun and it improves your strategic skills A LOT.

16. Moogle Stiltzkin

17. Moogle Stiltzkin

18. Moogle Stiltzkin

i updated my mp build to this

Gwinrimegal
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

Uthoran
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

Xerques
    Level 1 Human Warrior

Essentially i replaced the human skill to a tokenless, so i could add in better boots with team movement, so i can use a new pair on one of my elves. I felt that the human warrior was straggling behind the group, so he definitely needs some movement on him.

i've also updated the tokenless shields to something more acceptable. as well as a new tokenless chest armor.