my map idea

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Moogle Stiltzkin, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Moogle Stiltzkin

Moogle Stiltzkin Mushroom Warrior

inspired by shining force a sega turn based tactical jrpg

this bridge fight has both teams on different sides of a bridge. but notably the enemy has in their posession a cannon that on regular time intervals will shoot out a huge cannon beam, doing devastating damage to whoever on the bridge at the time it hits.

there is a count down so everyone knows how long before it shoots.

so the tactic was to cross fast, or time it well. or to send flying units safely around the sides away from the bridge.

i think this would be an interesting map scenario :)

the other idea is the kraken fight on a boat.

like the tentacles are considered as units as well. and the main head is the big boss.

Bearson Onyx likes this.
  2. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

3. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Moved to correct forum.

4. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

This is really personally funny to me, because the very first map I wanted to try reproducing was the one with the Laser Eye in it. I guess that map made a lot of impact on people.
    We need a stationary monster that fires like a turret, and the closest thing I could get to do it right was one version of the stench demon.

5. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

You can always pin a monster in place with suitably-decorated impassable terrain (e.g., like the sprites here). Then, if it has magic, it will shoot like a cannon! :D

6. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

That would also prevent you from hitting it back, except with similar attacks. I've done it and it's just not the same. This would need to be an enemy you can just absolutely destroy once you get into range, to get full satisfaction.