[Music] Albums That Rock.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by LeisureSuitLoli, Mar 25, 2014.

1. What are some albums that rock? Albums that make you pump your fist in the air and shout?
    Post your choices.

I'll start it off:
    Episode by Stratovarius.

If you like power metal, then you've probably already heard of Stratovarius. Nearly every song rocks (even the instrumental that shares the same name of the album).

2. Accelerated Evolution by The Devin Townsend Band rocks.

[​IMG]

Track listing:
    1. "Depth Charge" 6:04
    2. "Storm" 4:39
    3. "Random Analysis" 5:59
    4. "Deadhead" 8:05
    5. "Suicide" 6:45
    6. "Traveller" 4:13
    7. "Away" 7:49
    8. "Sunday Afternoon" 6:20
    9. "Slow Me Down" 4:35

The songs on the album can reach deep inside you. Years ago this album helped me through a very, very dark time in my life.
    Two songs in particular spoke to me. These songs:

Their composition and melodies helped me in my time of need.

3. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

Puppetmastaz > "The Takeover " of course :p

4. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Not so much into jumping about and shouting, but I do enjoy The Killers while stretching on a keyboard. Their sound is consistent and lively, but not intrusive, which really helps me get in the zone. Day & Age, Hot Fuss, Sam's Town... they're all good.

LeisureSuitLoli likes this.
  5. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Oh, and this probably won't work for everyone, but the arrangement of Scott Joplin's rags by Itzhak Perlman for violin and piano is what I listen to (on infinite loop), when I need to churn out paperwork and reports. It's cheerful but sedate, and the tempo is slow enough that I don't subconsciously attempt to synchronize typing with it. I just let the hours and pages vanish in a stream of sunshine and daffodils! :D

Sir Veza and LeisureSuitLoli like this.
  6. An associate of mine introduced me to Therion and my reaction was, "Where have you been all of my life!"

The album he sent me in the first place was Secret of the Runes. And this album rocks!

Track listing:
    00:06 - Ginnungagap
    06:15 - Midgård
    11:17 - Asgård
    15:24 - Jotunheim
    19:08 - Schwarzalbenheim
    24:25 - Ljusalfheim
    28:18 - Muspelheim
    30:31 - Nifelheim
    35:05 - Vanaheim
    39:07 - Helheim
    42:25 - Secret of the Runes
    46:55 - Crying Days (Bonus track)
    51:27 - Summernight City (Bonus track)

If you've never given thought to symphonic metal, let Therion introduce you to a wondrous world of sound and creativity.

neoncat likes this.
  7. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Most of the bands I listen to scare old people and children so I refrain from posting them, generally. :)

Vakaz likes this.
  8. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

This thread needs moar Hipster.

9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Us old people don't scare so easily. Whatcha got?

10. Hm, does it come close to Chainsaw Dismemberment (which is also an album that rocks) from Mortician?

I cannot understand any of the spoken lyrics on this entire album, but the heavy music makes up for it.

11. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

I saw Mortician way back when. Trust me, I've gotten some looks for old Suffocation and Aborted t-shirts in my neighborhood. I've since swapped a lot of those out mostly because I was tired of all the negative attention.