[MP] Vamparry Card Draw

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Hutto, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Hutto

Hutto Kobold

With this build I've tried to combine several strategies that work together to give you a card advantage: Demonic Power, Talented Healer + Vampiric, Parry. There are also very nice damage boosts through Mass Frenzy and Unholy Wellspring.

Draw Bot
    Level 19 Human Priest

5 x Weak Chop
    1 x Purge
    1 x Icy Block
    2 x Leadership
    2 x Bad Luck
    1 x Slowed
    1 x Mail

This is your only backline character. He should not engage if you can help it. His job is to give Demonic Power and Unholy Wellspring to the others, with a tiny bit of utility with Holy Presence, Healing Presence, and Purge. Mostly just focus on giving cards and staying alive.

Vampire
    Level 1 Human Priest

1 x Quick Run
    2 x Vulnerable

Pretty straight-forward vampire. Try to at least have one damage buff (Mass Frenzy or Unholy Well) before you attack. Use Quick Run and the range of Spear of Darkness to keep enemies guessing. Every now and then you'll get the right combination and drop someone from full health to dead without them getting a chance to do anything. The rest of the time try to let them waste their attacks damaging you while you just heal back up on them. Less useful without Draw Bot nearby. Inspirational Thinking is really, really nice.

Token Warrior
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

4 x Parry
    1 x Slowed
    1 x Slicer
    1 x Team Run
    2 x Mail
    1 x Impaler
    1 x Slippery
    1 x Walk

The extra move lets you get to the fight first, but without being completely overextended. Fairly defensive with all the blocks and armor. Everyone loves to swing at elven warriors, so you're still going to have to move in and out of combat a lot. I think Elvish Insight is one of the strongest cards in the game, if you use it at the beginning of a round (after they've applied their traits) right before engagement. Slippery is very nice too. This character could probably use a little more tweaking, but this is about the best I can do with my cards. If I had a VP I'd probably try out a dwarf.

I'm currently at 1460 rating, but don't think I've peaked with this build yet. I've gone 14-4 with it on the new maps. I just don't play enough to see how high I can go.

Flaxative likes this.
  2. Kungfu Crab

Kungfu Crab Kobold

Thanks for share :)