MP Builds

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Lance, May 26, 2013.

1. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

I won't post the whole party, but my firestorm wizard uses a lot more firestorm. It started as a way to find a use for my staff of the infernos, combustible may seem crazy but with Impenetrable Nimbus and armor it's not been an issue. Between firestarter, combustible and toughness the deck plays like it's only 27 cards. Out of those 27 cards, there are 10 firestorms, 4 fireballs and 2 volcanoes. The main issue is his own teams ability to stay alive

Boom
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

2 x Volcano
    4 x Fireball
    2 x Fire Spray
    10 x Firestorm
    2 x Toughness
    1 x Shuffle

2. Now that I managed to get to the top of the charts, I guess it is time to post an updated version of the build. Not much has changed, except for the addition of holy armor and some legendaries of dubious value. The deck basically outlasts the opponent. It has so many toughness and nimbus cards that I rarely take huge amounts of damage. The damage I do take gets healed by holy armors and healing blessings. Funny thing is that with holy armors I sometimes even get healed by firestorm.

Hilga
    Level 17 Dwarf Priest

Helga
    Level 19 Dwarf Priest

Harry
    Level 19 Dwarf Wizard

3. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

In my testing of Firestorm it seemed the perfect way to abuse Talented Healer . In particular my wizard has enough firestorms that it was a bit too common for him to take out his own teammates. I needed to add more heal to fix that, and since I wanted to add more heal this also seemed a perfect time to add Talented Healer .

A couple of notes.
    1) This mage build is very powerful and still doesn't use 3 of his yellow power tokens. That would be a major disadvantage for most MP characters (I can't imagine doing that with a warrior for example). I think this says something about the power level of firestorm and unholy wellspring.
    2) Talented Healer is incredibly good with a lot of heal and a reliable way to damage your own guys. It's even better when used with heal spells that don't require line of sight to your target.
    3) Inspiring Presence ends up drawing more cards than any of the human skills I've used, and it heals, and for some reason it's only considered a gold quality card. This type of build would be absolutely crazy with a couple Knife Of St. Blenko .

Bing
    Level 11 Dwarf Priest

Bang
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

Boom
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

4. Heretiick

Heretiick Goblin Champion

Decided to finally post my decks up. Basically one utility wizard with a lot of encumber, positioning effects, and a small toolbox of other useful cards (Boil Armor, Whirlwind Enemies, etc), a more damage/discard hybrid wizard, and a step warrior. Fairly successful comp but it is not easy to play. This team relies on positioning and using Winds Of War very effectively.

Ranting Jackson
    Level 1 Human Wizard

Stumpy Ironbottom
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard

Lust Monkey
    Level 10 Human Warrior

5. Here is a deck that goes infinite card draws in the current build. It uses a combination of altruism/focused healer and inspiring presence to achieve it. Basically you draw out the entire deck of the focused healer with the two card-drawing priests. Then cycle Inspiring Presence to get them to draw their decks. Finally cycle charge/powerful bash to kill guys. It usually takes a turn or two to get the combo going, but that's mostly because I have not enough good cards with Inspiring Presence.

Coraline
    Level 8 Human Priest

Baba
    Level 1 Human Priest

Castkierkal
    Level 8 Human Priest

6. Ineptie

Ineptie Mushroom Warrior

OK, since i have been in the top 20 for a while now, i will post my 3x wizards deck.

Diane Chasseresse
    Level 1 Elf Wizard

2 x Little Zap
    1 x Hot Spot
    1 x Immovable
    2 x Frost Jolt
    2 x Squeamish
    2 x Cold Snap
    2 x Dodge

Eziliadee de Rochronde
    Level 10 Elf Wizard

1 x Little Zap
    1 x Walk
    4 x Frost Jolt
    1 x Freeze
    1 x Cold Snap
    2 x Hot Spot
    2 x Firestorm
    2 x Squeamish

Morgane la Fey
    Level 10 Elf Wizard

1 x Little Zap
    1 x Walk
    1 x Immovable
    1 x Force Bolt
    1 x Maze
    1 x Hardy Mail
    2 x Freeze
    2 x Frost Jolt
    2 x Cold Snap
    1 x Hot Spot
    2 x Squeamish

The goal is to outmaneuver the opponents utilizing greater elven mobility, "slide" cards, and encumber. This deck really shines against decks who needs to get close to deal damage, like 2 or 3 x warriors builds, or mage/warrior/priest build. It looses badly to firestorm decks unless it's lucky with the hides.
    This is a post fireball nerf version, and still in testing, since Eziliadee was running Staff Of A Million Fireballs, but the range nerf on fireball made that staff too resource consuming to be worth it.

Narglfrob likes this.
  7. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

What do you do if you get spread out by a whirlwind? Not that I'm suggesting its fair to call the most random card in the game a meta balancer or if you get very spread out in dungeon map. just asking if you can handle that resonably somehow because that was my one issue when i used a similar build to prove talented healer was way overpowered before.

8. I don't worry much about it. If the only counter against your deck is that your opponent draws a specific card turn 1 and then gets lucky with the effect then that counter can be neglected.
    I don't really play the deck though as it is terribly boring. It's more there to show how broken infinite heals are.

9. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I know what you mean i did 3 ranked matches and 4 challenge to make sure it was massively overconsistent before and then i scrapped it despite a 100% win ratio...

10. Heretiick

Heretiick Goblin Champion

A few updates to my build, mostly more Short Perplexing Ray on Stumpy, as well as a new robe.

Ranting Jackson
    Level 1 Human Wizard

Stumpy Ironbottom
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard

Assault
    Level 13 Human Warrior

11. Narglfrob

Narglfrob Kobold

Why do you like Sensate's Ring so much over more Burning Bangle's?

Firehide robe's are sick! Would you run more if you could find them?

12. Ineptie

Ineptie Mushroom Warrior

About sensate ring, there is 2 things : first, Imp TK is a great card, both for defence (by by mr warrior) and offence (oh, you landed on lava !). Second, the cicle power of squeamish really offset the disavantage most of the time. Also bangle has firespray wich is often a dead card.

About the hides i'm pretty sure i woulsnt play more of it, firestorm is too dangerous.

13. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

Here's my post-Talented Heal-nerf build. Doing OK so far, except it wants to disconnect me. McManus is a vampire, Kint is more-or-less a healer, and Kobayashi is a jack-of-all-trades wizard.

McManus
    Level 5 Dwarf Priest

1 x Wild Run
    1 x Blind Rage
    2 x Bludgeon
    1 x Quick Step
    1 x Hardy Mail

Kobayashi
    Level 9 Human Wizard

4 x Squeamish
    2 x Firestorm
    1 x Force Bolt
    1 x Maze
    1 x Cold Snap
    1 x Run
    1 x Parry
    1 x Run, Team!
    1 x Frost Jolt
    1 x Hardy Mail

Kint
    Level 6 Human Priest

1 x Fright
    2 x Altruism
    1 x Wild Run
    1 x Weak Chop
    1 x Weak Parry
    1 x Twin Heals
    2 x Team Heal
    1 x Sprint

Edit: Seems to be a bit unreliable. Have dropped down to 1430, my lowest rating for quite a while.

14. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

Does anyone use a wizard without Resistant Hide? I've skimmed through recent builds on this thread and as far as I've seen every wizard build includes this particular card.

If items with Resistant Hide are such good value that players never choose any other option, then perhaps some changes are in order. I know I personally would always use Resistant Hide on my wizard, because I've got a bunch of different tokenless robes with that card + some other useful cards. With such good tokenless options, I barely even consider any other option. (Maybe if I'm feeling evil I'll consider Tempest Robes for the whirlwinds, but that item has Resistant Hide as well.)

15. dmar314

dmar314 Goblin Champion

Resistant hide is so good compared to other armor options that I would almost never consider not using it (the one exception would be to play more arcane aura for a direct damage mage, but I haven't actually done that yet). Even if all resistant hide armor cost a token I would just spend the token and use tempest robes since the whirlwinds would be worth it. The armor power of a hardy mail (2/3 chance to reduce 2 damage) combined with immunity to most offensive mage options is way too good to pass up. To be honest, it's better than most warrior armors, which is bizarre-seeming to me (warriors ought to have the better armor options). The way I would fix it is to just leave resistant hide on monsters like zombies (which makes more sense flavor-wise anyway) and change all instances of resistant hide on player cards to thick hide armor, much like the fireball "fix" that changed all instances of fireball to ember burst.

16. progammer

progammer Ogre

I actually use Robe_of_Lightness for the extra cycling ability on my wizard. Other than that, I agree that nothing else is more attractive than resistant hide in that slot.

17. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

I honestly don't care about Resistant Hides. If my wizards have them on it's because of the other cards that come with them (most notably slide back or whirlwind cards). I've never had hides really have any effect on the game either, for me or the opposing wizards. Of course I tend to play slightly differently as well.

18. sharphands

sharphands Kobold

Elgigal
    Level 1 Dwarf Warrior

Fieldrobking
    Level 1 Human Priest

DeathSpells
    Level 17 Human Wizard

19. aceeca

aceeca Kobold

Zelda
    Level 14 Human Warrior