MP Builds

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Lance, May 26, 2013.

1. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

This is my latest attempt for an all warrior build. Arrogant armor and team run are the main solutions to encumber. I try to keep some step attacks on each warrior in order to aid in mobility. It's done well against players, but Mom's warriors have better anti-warrior cards. The leaderships are needed to dig up your anti-encumber cards, other wise it struggled to draw answers to encumber.

Sleazy
    Level 7 Human Warrior

1 x Wild Run
    1 x Impaler
    1 x Slicer
    1 x Solid Mail
    1 x Slowed
    2 x Leadership
    2 x Team Run

Remorseful
    Level 7 Human Warrior

1 x Weak Parry
    1 x Slowed
    3 x Weak Chop
    1 x Impaler
    1 x Slicer
    1 x Icy Block
    2 x Leadership
    2 x Team Run

CannonFodder
    Level 7 Human Warrior

1 x Wild Run
    1 x Slicer
    1 x Slowed
    1 x Stab
    1 x Impaler
    3 x Fiery Stab
    2 x Leadership
    2 x Team Run

2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

There goes my testing deck. :eek:
    Do we want to keep limiting cyclers or start introducing anti-cyclers into card pool ? I was abusing priests prior to the beta deluge whenever I needed a card combination but that was strictly for testing. Figured it was fine against the ai.

You know....we could like totally make build challenge subgame. 1 build, multiple players all using the same build >> best win rate vs non-ai = winner ! :D Of course, there is absolutely no way to verify this unless devs make it a hardcore mp challenge subgame ;)

In case no one got that...its a hint ! :p

3. kogi

kogi Ogre

There is someone with a fairly successful 3 priest draw build in MP. (1400). It's seems all the items are relatively common. Viewing all his battles, it seems hella frustrating to play against.

Attached Files:

4. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

That is my deck, I've been using it for a few weeks off and on. At first it was more nimbus focused but then I realized that you only need 1 purge, 1 nimbus, 1 mass frenzy, etc. in deck if you are able to use inspiration and altruism to attempt to draw many cards. It is not foolproof but it is consistent. It is also slow and not that much fun to play as you spend most of your time casting inspiration. Against MOM many times you can build up a huge hand on the second turn and wipe out all 3 of her warriors during the turn, but this one turn can take up to 15 minutes.

5. I tweaked my draw your entire deck turn 1 and now it is extremely consistent:

There are two clerics that only have 15 cards that don't cycle and 4 cards that draw 2 even without the altruism combo, so getting a leadership is pretty much guaranteed. The third cleric has some carddraw as well, but his main role is to cast the nimbus. That's why he has 6 in the deck. Then just walk around with your invulnerable party with unlimited carddraw and kill everyone.

Coraline
    Level 8 Human Priest

1 x Icy Block
    2 x Leadership
    1 x Slowed
    1 x Minor Heal
    2 x Chop
    2 x Run
    2 x Altruism
    1 x Wild Run
    1 x Mail

Baba
    Level 1 Human Priest

2 x Leadership
    1 x Slowed
    1 x Parry
    2 x Altruism
    1 x Wild Run
    4 x Bash
    1 x Mail
    2 x Run

Castkierkal
    Level 8 Human Priest

1 x Parry
    2 x Altruism
    2 x Leadership
    1 x Weak Chop
    4 x Bash
    1 x Mail
    1 x Slowed
    1 x Team Shift
    1 x Minor Heal

Ineptie likes this.
  6. Ineptie

Ineptie Mushroom Warrior

I can confirm Turinturamba's deck. I'm not a balance expert, but i do believe something must be done about it. Don't misunderstand me, i love combo decks in 'traditionnal' card games, and i think this deck is so very cool i just created it myself to battle AI. But when playing against it you just "pass" for 15 mins, waiting for those clerics to kill you. And that's not fun, especially because i feel there isn't much you can do to prevent those clerics drawing their whole deck and wrecking you on turn 1.

7. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

So looking at these decks, there are 3 main pieces. Altruism, Inspiration, and Leadership.

Altruism is the main source of card drawing. This is the card that allows you to turn inspirations into 2 cards. I am surprised at the consistency of the decks given the 50% chance for altruism, but the priest traits do remain the best card drawing options. I'm still curious if we can also break talented healer.

Inspiration is at it's best with Altruism, I can't really see any issues with the card outside of that.

Leadership, is ... special. It clearly helps setup combos, but it isn't the source for card advantage. Nothing else in the game filters like Leadership does, so it helps get the pieces you need for these combos.

Just my 2 cents, but I still think the crazy card advantage is coming from Altruism.

8. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

It is. My very first MP build, back in mid March, was an extremely similar build (back before leadership). I just built a new party which is also very similar to Turinturamba's. Although, it does not always win round 1, it does have the added benefit of Purge and Entangling Roots. Still. I've managed to hit infinite draw by the 3rd round every game. Even to the point where the only cards left in the deck are traits and I am forced to infinitely draw and play them, and thus lose the battle, due to running out of time. Otherwise, this party is undefeated.

Generica likes this.
  9. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

Here is the build that goes with the previous video.

Edit: Will eventually update this to include a breakdown of what does what. Although, I feel that for the most part this build is self explanatory.

Thing 1
    Level 1 Human Priest

Thing 3
    Level 1 Human Priest

Thing 3
    Level 1 Human Priest

10. Forlorn

Forlorn Orc Soldier

Who are you kidding? If leadership was nerfed this combo would never work.

11. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

But it can still work without leadership, as Lance mentioned too. Try it out. It's less consistent, but you still have lots of card draw to get an altruism. Those are the key.

If you use Focused Piety across three priests, odds are one of them will start with it. That helps a mate draw into theirs and so on.

Leadership definitely improves the build, which is what it does for all decks that want a specific card, but altruism and inspiration are netting all the cards.

12. Forlorn

Forlorn Orc Soldier

Without leadership the preists would eventually run out of good luck and the card drawing mayhem would stop. They might get one or two really big rounds, but once the round is over they must discard down to two cards each. Then, because running multiple priest deck consist mostly of utility cards, they will be screwed once the next turn comes around and the priests have used most of their inspirations in one or two rounds.

It is only leadership that allows you to build a hand full of spam, and then discard them all for huge bonuses. Without leadership you just get decks full of spam.

13. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

I've been playing it for a couple days now up into the 1500's, apologies to you guys who I bored with the 15 minute long first turn kills. Forlorn is right and it is the Leadership alone that makes this deck work. Nerf Leadership and this deck will not exist. You may still be able to break Talented Healer but the Altruism/Inspiration deck would at worst be completely gone, at best it would become a mid-tier deck.

14. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

Tasmanian Devil likes this.
  15. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Here's a priest build I've been testing out today. Without leadership, it still seems to be doing just fine (by which I mean crazy good). It requires a bit more in items, but none of these items are beyond rare.

Each priest is very similar, with the only difference coming on the human skill ( I didn't have 3 Inspired Command). Elves could probably do just fine using Insight . Each priest runs 3 altruism and 13+ card drawing options, so each deck is over 1/3 card draw. There's very few unwanted cards, everything is an attack, block or it draws cards, with a bare minimum of movement from the boots. After testing, it actually seems to have more Mass Frenzy than it needs, and I could see swapping out the Incense Of Roiled Air for another Amulet Of Inspiration , giving each priest one more inspiration.

It's not that I think leadership doesn't have certain issues, but priest card drawing doesn't seem reliant on using that card.

Coraline
    Level 20 Human Priest

1 x Block
    1 x Bludgeon
    1 x Weak Chop
    1 x Wild Run
    1 x Mail
    3 x Altruism
    2 x Run
    1 x Weak Parry
    10 x Inspiration
    1 x Parry

Meledien
    Level 9 Human Priest

1 x Block
    1 x Bludgeon
    1 x Weak Chop
    1 x Wild Run
    1 x Mail
    3 x Altruism
    2 x Run
    10 x Inspiration
    1 x Parry

Healio
    Level 15 Human Priest

1 x Block
    1 x Bludgeon
    1 x Weak Chop
    1 x Wild Run
    1 x Mail
    3 x Altruism
    2 x Run
    10 x Inspiration
    1 x Parry

Oatmeal and Lance like this.
  16. Forlorn

Forlorn Orc Soldier

Off-balance boots have got to be some of the most OP boots I've seen yet. No orb cost, 2 runs and a 1 wild run? Wow... should be a legendary.

Anyhow, other than drawing your Wild Run I'm not sure what the above deck would do against encumber.

17. Peseto

Peseto Mushroom Warrior

I finally collected enough firestorms to this fun deck:
    Idea let the priests draw till they have nimbus(not necessary if you got lucky and drew resistant hides) and wellspring, then focus your remaining draw power on your mage, then buff him and and unleash the fire beast. :)
    Lot of fun to play and surprisingly consistent, mostly turn 1 wins.
    Weaknesses: spread out starting points, whirlwinds, resistant hide and nimbus.
    You could include cards to deal with those (e.g. team runs, immovable/blocks, armor discards and purges) but it would make the draw more inconsistent, and i was aiming for an all-or-nothing strategy. Fast wins or fast losses to be more efficient.

Gitmaraz
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard

Durazgrom
    Level 20 Dwarf Priest

Helga
    Level 3 Dwarf Priest

Obviously im still missing a lot of epics and legendaries to make this deck even more powerfull.

18. I am running a deck with a similar idea, but mine is a lot slower and safer. Currently at 1519 rating. Basically stay with your dwarves bunched in a corner until you have the pieces to burn everything with Unholy Wellspring and Savage Curse while staying alive with Toughness and Impenetrable Nimbus. If someone comes close there is plenty of Whirlwind Enemies and the clerics have quite a few nasty melee cards.

Hilga
    Level 17 Dwarf Priest

Helga
    Level 18 Dwarf Priest

Harry
    Level 19 Dwarf Wizard

Forlorn likes this.
  19. Forlorn

Forlorn Orc Soldier

^ replace the glimmer boots with vira's boots and it's pretty much a perfect build.

20. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

Updated Aug 8, 2013. Current MP rating: 1524

This is my all-dwarf, no-wizard group. Finneran is a pure healer, though she has a Potent Stab and a couple Violent Overswings, so she occasionally does some damage. McManus is a warrior built to do as much damage as quickly as possible, and Kint is built for battle but also has some buffs and Purges.

McManus: Berzerk Warrior

Finneran: Healer

Kint: Battle Priest
    Scouring Axe (majortoken) (minortoken) (17R)​