MP Builds

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Lance, May 26, 2013.

1. PIZZA

PIZZA Orc Soldier

I can verify turinturamba's infinite deck. He killed my entire party on turn one with it. All that is needed is a leadership and line of sight between his characters.

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I've been wondering for a while if Leadership is broken.

3. PIZZA

PIZZA Orc Soldier

One crazy/annoying thing was that as he was cycling through his deck, looking for resistant hide for his wizard, the clock ran on me every time his card animations ran. By the time he got to his kill condition, I was 5 min down on the clock. He could have beaten me by just running through card animations, which would have been extra demoralizing, lol.

4. One thing that occurred to me in another game (sorry Iomi) is that you don't really need the wizard. You can go with three clerics for a lot more consistency, draw your entire deck and cycle the move cards from boots to slowly move across the map killing everyone.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'm tempted to resign anytime I see my opponent play it (and only own one copy myself). Maybe if it was just one card per char or just one char?

6. RattyZ

RattyZ Mushroom Warrior

I think it's a fine mid range card that has the ability to become abusive in combination with card draw effects.

The fact that you can leadership any number of cards is staggering, giving it a pretty impressive upwards power curve based on hand size. I think you may want to experiment with capping the quantity of cards you can cycle, I think 2 cards per character is more than enough power on a single card.

This would allow the card to still be as useful as it currently is in many game-state where hand size is often 3-4 cards, while bringing the outlying power in check for builds with massive card draw.

Colliwinks likes this.
  7. Eusix

Eusix Orc Soldier

Hi all, just trying this out and figured I'd share my build.

Human Warrior
    Level 18 Human Warrior

Dwarf Wizard
    Level 10 Dwarf Wizard

Human Priest
    Level 10 Human Priest

8. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Ahh, the exciting life of a beta tester. First someone realizes that Talented Healer can lead to an infinite exploit, and it gets changed. Then the hard-working beta testers find another way to go unto infinity in Leadership. Until right now, I had no idea that Leadership was about to become a terror: all I'd known is that people speak often about how awesome it is.

Can we predict what cards will become infinitely exploitable next?

Phaselock likes this.
  9. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

For the time being I do feel that Leadership does require some attention. My initial response it to limit it to one copy per item, much like what was done with Resistant Hide. Then further investigation would be necessary to determine if that would be enough of a change to prevent such infinite combinations. However, I don't feel that RattyZ the best solution.

It seems that Priests are the source of, "the infinite corruption" which has repeatedly reared its head in Card Hunter.

10. Forlorn

Forlorn Orc Soldier

It's not priests who are broken, it's humans.

11. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

Okay...

Leadership is only really abused by priests in connection with the draw they are able to produce. Martyrs Blessing has been changed as a result of self mutilating/healing combinations. Talented Healer has been changed repeatedly due to infinite combos, making it the card we know today. So, I'm lead to wonder where is your proof for the source of infinite corruption being humans?

12. Forlorn

Forlorn Orc Soldier

Because Advanced Flexibility and Advanced Command only belong to humans. Even if there were no infinite draws in this game, human specialty cards like leadership and team sprint would still completely outclass other racial skills. Toughness? Or being able to redraw 12 new cards? Laugh. Elvish insight? Or being able to move your entire team across the map, and ignore all encumber effects? Laugh again.

I pretty much see humans 7 times out of 10 for most classes nowadays. Everyone knows they're OP because they're the most versatile.

13. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

Getting back on topic. I decided that since the latest heat that Leadership is under has left a bad taste in my mouth. So, I dropped the humans in exchange for a few stockier fellows. In case you can't tell I play this game to have fun. Not necessarily to win. Without further adieu. Meet the dwaven wizard trio. The amazing thing is that this build only has two attacks that deal more than 5 damage. Not to mention so far this build has a 75% win rate. In case you weren't able to tell from their names these brothers like to play around with their victims, taunting them with such quotes as, "get over here," "dance puppets dance," and "which way did he go George, which way did he go?" Utilizing push and slide after slapping a Path Of Knifes on there opponents they are able to make up for their lack of conventional damage output.

Edit: I will as time permits explain each build.

Dumbledwarf
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard

1 x Charge
    2 x Whirlwind
    1 x Maze
    1 x Little Zap
    4 x Frost Jolt
    2 x Force Bolt
    1 x Team Run
    1 x Weak Block
    1 x Cold Snap

Pushy
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

2 x Maze
    1 x War Cry
    2 x Sprint
    1 x Hot Spot
    1 x Weak Block
    3 x Squeamish
    1 x Little Zap
    1 x Whirlwind
    1 x Blind Rage
    2 x Force Bolt

Slider
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

2 x Sprint
    1 x Quick Run
    1 x Little Zap
    1 x Parry
    1 x Blind Rage
    2 x Barge
    2 x Spark

14. Forlorn

Forlorn Orc Soldier

That's a sweet build. Damn stone of shards is nice. Electroporter novice is the gift that keeps on giving.

15. progammer

progammer Ogre

Since I broke into 1500+ bracket last night, I figured my build is now worth sharing. The build is pretty much the standard warrior-wizard-priest. Each of them capable of packing a punch on their own. It wasn't focusing on a particular combo or gimmick, just a deck with consistency and respond (not counter) to most situation. (Immovable for whirlwind, Hover for lava, Sprint + Step for Encumber, Frost for Step-Warrior, Purge for Impenetrable Nimbus (though situational at best)). Total of 4 Epic, 0 Legendary

Tank Fighter
    Level 20 Dwarf Warrior

Human Wiz
    Level 20 Human Wizard

Human Healer
    Level 1 Human Priest

16. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

First, i agree with your points on priests. The degenerate builds I've seen so far have all involved multiple priests. Priests still have traits that can be used for a lot of additional card draw each turn, and I'm not surprised we keep finding issues.

So here's my issue with Leadership. Essentially, I think Leadership has become so popular because of the limits imposed by the game design. I expect that removing it will have a major ripple effect.

Many builds struggle to include enough "answer" cards (cards that allow your deck to respond to or answer a specific threat) in order to deal with problems in the meta. This is due to the restrictive nature of items. You need to be able to reliably draw your answer cards, but that's dependent on how many cards you can actually put into the deck. This is why people keep turning to Leadership, they need a way to find the couple of answer cards they can fit in any deck. If you remove that, than decks won't be able to reliably find answers. That drops the floor out from under any metagame.

As a very basic example. A warrior can only include 2-3 arrogant armor cards, as a potential answer to encumber. While wizards can run well in excess of 12+ encumber cards. So each turn a mage has a much better chance to draw an encumber card than a warrior has to draw an answer card. You see this same issue with all types of "answer" cards where, due to the limits imposed by items, you can only fit a few of the answer cards into a deck. This creates a significant imbalance in deck building, and leadership has been the only real solution.

17. Does anyone know how viable the basic starter deck is in multiplayer? I think when the game resets I am going to see how high I can get without replacing any of the items in the starter kit. I have already made it to the top 20without spending a penny but I did win the single player so I want to see if you can win without paying playing slot or beating the single player.
    Battle on
    Loop Dragonblade

18. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

My estimate for the, "Basic Starter Deck" is a rating of 1100. This estimate is based on recent play against the AI using an unmodified Adventurers Starter Deck party.

Blindsight likes this.
  19. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

Have any stats on this? Not questioning your estimation (as I tend to find them pretty generous) but would be interested in the data collected.

20. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

Here is a list of my recent matches using the Adventurers Starter Deck Party, against the AI (using my test account):
    Against Gary, I won 6 out of 6 matches.
    Against Melvin, I won 9 out of 10 matches.
    Against Amy, I won 2 out of 3 matches.
    Against Mom. I won 0 out of 1 match.
    Total matches won: 17 out of 20, at a 85% win record.
    All of these matches were played within the past 24sh hours.

Phaselock likes this.