Morvin the Maloderous's Monsterous Map-Pack (playtesters wanted!)

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Inkfingers, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

So I thought to myself, "What tileset has been used the least when it comes to PvP boards? And what hilarious hijinks could I pull with it?"

And thus, Morvin the Maloderous's Monsterous Map-Pack was born.

Everyone loves to hate our favorite any-resemblance-is-purely-coincidental villain, Morvin the Maloderous! And now, you can have fun fighting in the Sultan of Stink's very own Map Pack! With five noxious maps to chose from, the fun is as plentiful as the choking stench!

Pick from all your old, fetid, partially decomposed favorites, such as...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, all of these beauties (or uglies, as it were) are untested, fresh to the battlefield, as it were (unlike the late Morvin). So I would love nothing more than to hear from some fine folks what they think of these maps, so that I can clean them up a bit if I need to. I will definitely heap praise and flowery language upon any who dain to reply to my offal-laden offereings (and I'll even halfheartedly attempt - and fail - to make it proportional to the quality of advice given! Bonus points!).

And remember! A Stench Demon in the ground is worth two in the bush. Or something like that.

Attached Files:

visak13, ParodyKnaveBob, CT5 and 5 others like this.
  2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Are the star tiles in the last map supposed to be victory terrain?

(I love the stairs in the aquifer.)

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

They are! This is why I don't just assume I've gotten everything right! :D You emit enlightened wisdom as the Stench Demon emits toxic gasses - constantly, and without apparent effort.

A fixed version has been attached to the original file. I also added doodads and such around the edge of the map! Exquisite!

Melancthon likes this.
  4. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Many thanks to @LieutenantCommanderData for putting up with the stench for a good solid half-hour as he helped me debug a couple maps. Cockroaches had apparently infested Grave of the Stench Demon, which, while technically acceptable, was not where they were supposed to be. Cockroaches have been returned to their rightful maps, and I am proud to say that Grave of the Stench Demon is now more bug free than it was before. It's even got an actual grave in it now :D
    MP1Morvin's Grave.png

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  5. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

A belated thanks to @ParodyKnaveBob for his playtesting assistance, helping me suss out a couple of confusing points regarding some maps. Open question here - that grave in the picture above - what kind of terrain do you think that is?

6. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Reading this thread, I knew it was difficult terrain:
    1. The original post shows an un-outlined debris-y area, thus that's in mind before seeing Inkfingers' own reply after Mr. Data's input.
    2. Inkfingers' own reply after Mr. Data's input shows a zoomed-in close up of the area, and the text places your attention accutely onto this area; therefore, you can easily, immediately see the difference between its choppy outline-of-sorts vs. the surrounding blocking terrain's big, thick serious outlines.

It was only after some time had passed that I entered the Grave of the Stench Demon and had the whole map to look at -- and more from a tactical standpoint than an aesthetic standpoint -- thus I kept forgetting (as I mentioned to you then) that it was difficult terrain instead of blocking. At one point, I might've thought it blocked line of sight, but I know at some point I was simultaneously A. knowing one could sight through it B. yet for some reason thinking one could not stand upon it (until, iIrc, your char came up and landed right ontop it).

I say all that to bring to your attention that just asking from this thread might get a pretty biased result. Even if it were just the one picture by itself, I estimate that the zoom pretty clearly shows the differences (due to reason #2 above), plus since you're specifically asking people, they'll focus even moreso on those differences than if they were simply thrown into battle, due to reason of quick-glance-around-to-gather-surroundings-and-assess-situation(-relying-on-immediate-cues-of-established-abstractions)-even-from-turn-to-turn.

Whether or not that's accurate, I hope my comments helps, ~nodnod~

And, you're welcome! $:^ b

Inkfingers likes this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Difficult.

8. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

I've had a couple of comments that it seems too confusing now, from different sources. I'm considering swapping it out... but it's just so cool! Ugh. I'm very conflicted.

Oh, and a huge shout out to @Punf for helping me out with a couple solid hours of playtesting. Your MOAR POWAH vampcycle build was fun to play against.