More forum trophies?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mikey76500, Apr 5, 2016.

1. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

[What's a forum trophy?]

This is dumb and stupid and completely meaningless, really. It's just a suggestion I have about the forum, itself.

So, weirdly enough, in accidentally clicking my name here on the forums, I noticed these uh, forum trophies. Basically just giving you points 'cause 1 million likes.

I like the concept and all; it's trying to encourage more posting [so long as it's not against the rules]. But, uhhhh, this is it? Maybe a few more to encourage a little bit more? No points for making a post that got at least 10/20/30 likes? No points for making 250/500/1,000/2,000/3,000/4,000/5,000 posts? No points for obtaining 50/100/150/200/300 points? No points for being on the forums for 3 months/6 months/a year/2 years?

Again, dumb and stupid, I know, but, I just think this system isn't being used to it's maximum potential; 153 ain't that much considering what you have to do to get there.

Oh, also, "Everybody Likes You" has no description in the forum trophy page. That, too.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    Magic Elves likes this.
  2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Actually I posted an idea about forum trophies a while back: http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/forum-trophy-ideas.7072/
    Apparently a lot of my ideas couldn't be added.
    I like the get lots of likes on one post idea. Spamming posts doesn't seems awesome for achievements. Points for having points is silly. Points for having an account that existed for a long time also doesn't add anything.

3. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

@timeracers: That's because all of my ideas [as well as all the CURRENT trophies, for that matter] are based in stats that are already tracked by the forum, itself, so that they don't require constant manual confirmation, you see?

Also, getting 1 point for making a single post ISN'T silly?

4. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Took me a lot of time to overtake Flaxative in 'most points'. Now i am after @Farbs spot in 'most likes'. I think it is what it is, some odd fun that shouldnt be taken too serious.

ParodyKnaveBob, Wandere and Flaxative like this.
  5. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

@Robauke: Of course. Just saying that it'd be more fun if there was more trophies to have fun chasing. :p

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I think that the likes/posts trophies are good the way there are, but having more kinds of them could be nice. Having one for number on one post could be pretty cool in my opinion, though I'd cap it at 15/20 max

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.