Monster Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by SurgeonFish, Mar 30, 2013.

1. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

I had this idea for a monster and wondering if anyone else had monster concept ideas.

My idea was a Platypus Knight

2. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

I was thinking of something like a Necromancer with a "Reversal Resurrection" (dead characters resurrect as skeletons or zombies discarding X cards)

skip_intro likes this.
  3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Isn't this thread vaguely similar to the what monster would you like to see in game thread or is this more conceptually free disregarding the game? Personally i would like a mad hermit that commands hoards of squirrels, mice and all those tine semi harmless creatures. No mutations or anything just hordes of them like a swarm for every unit :p

4. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Yes its similar, but platypus knight wasn't on the list so here is to those more interesting ideas that may not be classified "normal fantasy"

5. barbalatte

barbalatte Mushroom Warrior

hedgehog avalanche

6. A88mph

A88mph Mushroom Warrior

"Uncountable Bats"

One level where has only bats, they all have one HP each, and collectively, only draw one card.
    But they are on EVERY square.
    zubatCH.jpg

7. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Firestorm says hello :p

8. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

What if they had resistant hide ;)

9. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

SurgeonFish likes this.
  10. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I quit!

SurgeonFish likes this.
  11. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

Cone of Cold! Kill'em all... unless they roll 3+ on resistant hide :(

Hexyz and Zoorland like this.
  12. Hexyz

Hexyz Mushroom Warrior

I'd love to see some undead levels, perhaps even a mock "Army of Darkness" map where you fight hordes of skeletons and the undead, or rather, "deadites." I know the "zombie"-thing has been done to death (pun), but it would work so well for this kind of game, I would think. A survival map, so to speak. Maybe "Survive X amount of turns until reinforcements arrive" or whatever.

Another idea I was toying with was an arena or gladiator-esque type of scenario. Pit your characters/cards against the AI in a ladder match where you continue to climb the rankings for higher rewards. This would open the door for a variety of creatures in the game; animals that were used in the Gladiatorial games such as Lions, Tigers, Bears (oh my!), and even mock battles between different races. Goblins vs. Trolls, etc.

May be a little far fetched but I can tell this game has so much to offer just by the looks of it.

13. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

there are multiple maps with hordes of slowly shuffling zombies.

Hexyz likes this.