moar wild speculation

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by neoncat, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Accent

Accent Hydra

Huh. I do not have that button, in either my SP or MP keeps. The search field is bounded on the left by the All/Usable button.

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

It disappeared a couple builds ago. It would make sense to bring it back with the new expansion.

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Did it? I know it's missing on Kongregate (small UI), but I don't recall it leaving the game entirely. Kalin is your CH window tiny?

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Yes it is. And when I go to fullscreen the button appears. Huh.

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

The screen shot I took just minutes before my post. It's still there for me... but I just checked and it's not present when I log in on my laptop. So clearly a screen size thing.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

That's consistent with the behavior I've noticed. Makes sense that something had to go in the minified deckbuilder UI, I guess. Jon would know more about this.

7. Getorix

Getorix Orc Soldier

Deep in a cleft mound of ulcerated limestone, a rank stench lingers. A coming wind lifts from the sea*, bears the smell upward; unfurls it and threads your nostrils with unholiness. It is the jell-o-green and artificial-grape pop rock smell of new emerald! and amethyst! cards (respectively). They are NOT the brute force damage dealing stock of simpler days, but represent insidious new paradigm-changing mechanics found ONLY in Card Hunter's new Epic ted talks: South California expansion...one of the few sources from whence such raw smells could originate!

*the Pacific Ocean is not a sea

CT5 and Flaxative like this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Update on the story about whether or not there will be an announcement on April 1st: there will definitely be an announcement on April 1st. It contains a sneak peek at new content, and has already been drafted. Hell or high water, that announcement will. be. posted.

BlackVoidDeath, wavy, Accent and 3 others like this.
  9. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Hopefully it's not April Fool's Day hoax ;)

10. Accent

Accent Hydra

!

11. Getorix

Getorix Orc Soldier

By the way, while you wait for the announcement, Pillars of Eternity releases at noon* today. It's from the Obsidian guys who worked on Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale and is getting stellar reviews. Highly recommended, especially if you like supporting indie studios.

*Texas time (which is the only time that matters)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    Rebel7284 likes this.
  12. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

Looks interesting! I bought it.

13. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I don't mean this as a Bash, but we do have an OT sub-forums for talking other games. As innocent as this might seem, promoting and/or posting about other games in a strictly CH-related thread is at the very least a disservice to all the time and effort Blue Manchu is putting in its own game...

DunDunDun and Flaxative like this.
  14. Getorix

Getorix Orc Soldier

I think it's fine. This thread's topic might be "Wild Speculation", but it's really a "We're here waiting for the EttSC expansion with baited breath" thread. Pointing out another indie developer project that shares the same kind of affection for old school RPGs doesn't *seem* harmless. It IS harmless. It's also critical to support enthusiasm and affection for games of this type by this type of developer rather than succumb to corporate-minded maxims ("non-compete" and "conflict of interest" come to mind) that we've been tricked into thinking of as "manners" in this age of brand loyalty.

My respect for Jon and his work is immense. I am not paying him a disservice by mentioning the above title. My hope is that you understand the spirit of the thing, because I've no interest in forum shenanigans. Forum moderation should be about pruning negativity and looking for trends in bad behavior.

Aside from that, love the game you play and love the people that share your interest in it.

Peace.

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Might've been nice to make a thread about the other game in the OT forum and then link it here, so that folks aren't encouraged to discuss it at length here when the topic is different. But yeah no harm no foul. Carry on with the speculation.

16. Accent

Accent Hydra

17. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

What type of lariat weapon should the Elven time traveling Space Cowboys use, and how will it translate into CH?
    How about the range, damage, and effects (if any) of a plasma cattle prod?

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It has the "Player Stun" effect—the controller of the affected character can't click on any UI element for three minutes.

Jarmo, Merdis, Sir Veza and 1 other person like this.
  19. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

It's called Inactivity Timeout Strike and it's absolutely not OP

Sir Veza, CT5, Accent and 3 others like this.
  20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You can only have 1 in a deck, so it's fine.

Jarmo, Bandreus, Sir Veza and 2 others like this.