Mission: Max Usable

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Obernoob, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Progress today:
    13/13 level 14 items :)
    6/11 level 15 items

This means I will now farm Into the Black Forest. where I also have the chance to get Lockets of the Gale, which is the only Level 17 item I still need for max rare usable. I think I will try out a new build with Stormstaff and Focused Electromancy, which allows me to play Sticky Slippers instead of double Reliable Mail boots.

0/5 level 17 items

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  2. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Progress today:
    13/13 level 14 items
    8/11 level 15 items
    2/5 level 17 items

I switched back to Mindsplinter Staffs, which allow to farm much faster. In theory Arcing Spark may seem as good as Flash Of Agony, but in practice the monsters in Into the Black Forest are often enough not close enough to each other. Obliterating Spark is obvious better than Mighty Spark and playing Advanced Electromancy is better then playing Focused Electromancy. And last but not least it is possible to play Sticky Slippers even with Flash Of Agony. The lower level teams desperatly need the Reliable Mails, because they have less life then the monster and kill only with Flash Of Agony. This is not true for this team and therefore you can play the Sticky Slippers which thin out the deck.
    I will try the Stormstaff on the first map of Lair of the Yellow Dragon. There that build may be stronger, because the monsters are close enough to each other for the Stormstaff. For the Lair I will also replace the Armorbane Pendants with Xochu's Icy Circlets. This will help to keep the monster on distant. The only open question is, whether I want to use a Demonic Power / Unholy Wellspring Priest or not.

3. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Progress today:
    13/13 level 14 items
    8/11 level 15 items
    2/5 level 17 items

I tried a few runs on Lair of the Yellow Dragon. The result will suprise not many players, because the best build is a mage using two Searing Pains and four Runestones. A win in the first turn is impossible, so the Wall Of Fire is a great way to deal a lot damage and most often 24 dmg with one spell. With Focused Pyromancy the last Fireball deal also often enough 24 dmg with one spell. The Winds Of War helps to keep the opponents away. What may suprise some players is the fact, that three mages are faster than two mages and a priest. You may think Unholy Wellspring, Demonic Power and Savage Curse should speed up things, but in fact they slow down the process. There is one variant which may may be a little bit faster than the three Searing Pain Mages, which is two Searing Pain Mages and a dedicated Fire Mage. But I am not sure about that, since the speed in the test samples was very close to each other.

4. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Progress today:
    13/13 level 14 items
    10/11 level 15 items :)
    3/5 level 17 items

Jarmo and Sir Veza like this.
  5. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Progress today:
    13/13 level 14 items
    11/11 level 15 items :cool:
    4/5 level 17 items

And another great new is, I found my sixth Searing Pain, so farming the Lair of Yellow Dragons will get even more easy. :)

Jarmo, Pawndawan and Sir Veza like this.
  6. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

We are now on the home stretch. Only level 17 and 18 uncommons and rares are missing. Here are the wanted level 18 items:
    Level 18:
    2x Barbarian's Club
    2x Healing Ring Of The Inner Light
    5x Hammer Of Bashing
    2x Healing Charm
    2x Acidic Gland
    6x Braincloud Orb
    4x Wallbuilder's Scepter
    2x Emerald Circlet
    6x Chit Of Choking Smoke
    7x Braclet Of Elements
    2x Blackglass Token

Progress today:
    4/5 level 17 items
    10/40 level 18 items

Currently the Bracelet Of Elements is favourite for the last missing item with seven more needed.

Sir Veza and Jarmo like this.
  7. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Progress today:
    5/5 level 17 items
    13/40 level 18 items

Bracelet Of Elements is still leading with seven missing copies.

8. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

In the quest for a full wizard's closet, I'm at:
    Only one item missing in entirety, Sabo's Mirror. Not bad for next to never playing the single player campaign, I think.

Good luck to everyone else in their quest.

Obernoob, 40c_rudy and Sir Veza like this.
  9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It's been over a month since I posted that. I'm currently back below 200k gp, but I now have enough to buy the 4 legendares I need to complete my collection, the 313 epics I need for max usable, and I'd have 33k gp left over. I'm not seriously contemplating the 3 million gp I'd need to buy max usable of legendaries, nor the ridiculous amount of time it would take. But I'll probably keep farming, if just out of habit.

Obernoob, Pawndawan and 40c_rudy like this.
  10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

gulo gulo likes this.
  11. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Progress today:
    5/5 level 17 items
    17/40 level 18 items

Bracelet Of Elements is still leading with seven missing copies.

Somehow I did forget to send the current status yesterday. I found one item yesterday and three today.
    Since I finished the first uncommon items I had to check again, if there were some Rares or Uncommons hidding in the end of the list of the analysis tool. At the moment there were no new ones, but there are still 88 more items omitted. But than I looked on the missing Rare List, which I have not done for a while. Now my list is a little bit longer:

3x Prottype Deployer
    3x Twilight Talisman
    5x Corpselight Charm
    4x Polished Plancon
    1x Rapier Of Rage
    2x Disruptive Warp Pistol
    5x Confusotron 500

So the updated progress today is:
    Progress today:
    5/5 level 17 items
    17/63 level 18 items

Also I found a missing level 6 item in Feathered Idol, which I will farm first.

12. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Progress today:
    0/1 level 6 items
    5/5 level 17 items
    17/63 level 18 items

The most wanted item is still Bracelet Of Elements with seven missing copies.

13. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Progress today:
    0/1 level 6 items :(
    5/5 level 17 items
    17/63 level 18 items

14. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Progress today:
    1/1 level 6 items :cool:
    5/5 level 17 items
    20/63 level 18 items

Sir Veza likes this.
  15. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Progress today:
    1/1 level 6 items
    5/5 level 17 items
    27/63 level 18 items

16. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Jarmo and Sir Veza like this.
  17. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Progress today:
    1/1 level 6 items
    5/5 level 17 items
    31/63 level 18 items

Unfortunatly I did not find the time for double dipping. The Reality Warper is one of the best items out there. If I ever get 4 of them, I will try out my Volcano build again, since the Reality Warper has two very strong and a strong card for the control wizard of this build.

Btw: I found my last uncommon. My overall process:

26-3-2 OneOfs.png 16-3-2 MaxUsable.png

On the left one ofs and on the right max usable.

18. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Yeah, got my third Bloodchopper, that is great. There is a build I have in mind with three of them. :) And I got a pair of Ulrin's Scuttling Socks. :D Is there a legendary which is more useless than this one? It is barely better than Bare Feets, but it is legendary and you need a major token for a most of the time irrelevant key word on a move two card.

Progress today:
    1/1 level 6 items
    5/5 level 17 items
    34/63 level 18 items

The most wanted item is currently tied between Bracelet Of Elements, Chit Of Choking Smoke and Corpselight Charm. Of each of them I still need five copies.

19. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Progress today:
    1/1 level 6 items
    5/5 level 17 items
    34/63 level 18 items :(

20. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

Got a Deadly, Deadly Staff and have now 99% of all items at least once. :)

Progress today:
    37/63 level 18 items

The most wanted item is currently Corpselight Charm with still five needed copies.