Misguided heal > Hit the Deck

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by DarkDain, Jan 7, 2013.

1. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

So i had a mortally injured wizard who was going to die of poison next turn, but he had a Hit the Deck card on, and my priest had a misguided heal, so i figured i had nothing to lose and a life to save, it works on an armored guy where the armor eats the 2 dmg and they gain 4 hp.

But hit the deck didnt even activate, the description says BLOCK ANY, so he just died, dunno why =/

2. Cerebral Paladin

Cerebral Paladin Mushroom Warrior

This is WAD, I think--"block" cancels the whole effect of the card, whereas armor reduces damage. (I love casting Misguided Heal on characters with appropriate armor to negate the damage--works great. Misguided Heal is a great early game card, because it's so versatile--it can be a longer range Minor Heal, or it can be a way to finish off badly wounded foes.)

3. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Should of rolled a chance to block the effect regardless =/ unless it triggered it as a 'heal' only so didnt try to block.

4. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Blocks never trigger from cards played by friends, even if they do damage. Otherwise you'd have situations where you try to block healing spells, etc.

5. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

And yes, this means you can use your buff and heal cards to fish out your opponent's blocks :D