Mauve Manticore

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by PIZZA, Nov 15, 2013.

1. PIZZA

PIZZA Orc Soldier

I want to express my thanks to the map makers for their creativity and Blue Manchu for putting this together. This is pretty cool!

Bewulf and Flaxative like this.
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Kobold

Seems like a cool way to preview the next set of cards we gonna get.

progammer likes this.
  3. zelink551

zelink551 Goblin Champion

I'm unsure if we're gonna get those cards. They've in the game, either removed from PC items or in "monster" decks (Contagion, for example, can be found in the final encounter of Cardstock II). Still, I'm with PIZZA. A great collection and hopefully the sign of more to come.

4. picklesthecat

picklesthecat Kobold

Yeah they were a blast to play through. All very different and entertaining in their own way. The 3rd one was very creative, and the 2nd one was pretty funny with the having control over doors and the first 1 one was just a well designed map.

5. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

*plays shuffle team on doors for a laugh*
    Oh, those were victory squares underneath. :(

Zoorland and Flaxative like this.
  6. PIZZA

PIZZA Orc Soldier

Hey Phaselock, its very satisfying to play nimbus/contagion when completely surrounded by berserkers.

Phaselock likes this.
  7. StormRaiser

StormRaiser Mushroom Warrior

I never got to use contagion :(

8. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

I hope I'm in the minority, but I didn't like map #2 at all. Unless there's a trick to it, it seems just involve standing on the victory squares and trying to outheal the goblins and somehow playing a bunch of punching bags just feels ... boring or unfun or something. I passed through one turn of it, then the goblins moved on the VPs and I realized I should've done that myself and I have no way of getting them out of them so I closed Card Hunter.

Weird, I was so much looking forward to more PvE content. Maybe it's the fact the parties are fixed, it means whatever cards I've hunted is totally meaningless for them.

9. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

That's valid feeback Mirkel, but I'm sure Manticore Content won't be set parties only. I think this is just the result of the competition not being any based on player parties - I entered (and we were allowed to) a mp based party one.

10. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Mirkel just go to custom forum, theres many custom scenarios there, some that entered the contest but didnt nd up at mauve manticore, but still fun to play :)

11. I know what you mean. I liked the idea of defending the house a lot. It's a cool concept and board is well designed, although having 4 doors like that is kind of weird :) The issue is that the quest is really difficult. Surviving that quest is based on your opening hand. If you have a bad opening hand, there is absolutely nothing you can do. You will lose. And not just lose, you will be totally crushed. I managed to finish the quest on my 3rd try but only because I had an awesome opening hand. First two tries there was nothing I could have done.

First part was good. Maybe not as creative as the other two but it was nicely done and the difficulty was ok, although having a bad opening hand meant complete and utter defeat.

Last part was definitely the most creative one because it was nothing I had seen before. First defeat was pretty much unavoidable but after that is was too easy. I was waiting for some final trick that would have made me lose but sadly it did not happen. :)

I'm glad to see content like this in Card Hunter. I'm hoping Mauve Manticore stays on the map and new ones get added each month. User-made content is an almost guaranteed way to success.

Aiven likes this.
  12. Pengw1n

I'm pretty sure we'll see more of MM. Farbs has hinted there will be information regarding future submissions soon.

Farbs likes this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The 2nd mission was sweet. I won—barely—by clumping everything in the center, getting the goblins to surround me, and then provoking the ogre into killing everything :)

Zoorland likes this.
  14. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

I just out-healed the AI's attacks. Although the opening round Bless was fun. Doors drawing new cards and healing!

Thoroughly enjoyed the new adventures. Major kudos!

15. Galdred

Galdred Mushroom Warrior

I had great fun with #1 and 2 : You don't need to hold VP for 2, just kill enough of them works too. A nimbused priest in the middle of the opponents can sustain a lot of attacks!
    #3 is way too easy once you figure out the VP scoring. I wish it had patrolling guards.

16. Pengw1n

#3 too easy? I believe this must be RNG - I keep drawing no attacks and running out of time, repeatedly. While I find Kalin's idea pretty damn amazing, it's very very down to card draw and rolls for the door in that short amount of time. At 10 attempts, it's turning into a time sink...

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

My first time, I ran out of time, drawing nothing but blocks and moves standing next to the door.
    My second time, I beat it in 1 minute flat with average draws and lucky armor rolls (as in, lucky for me). It's a neat idea but it does feel a bit up to chance. Then again, that makes sense: you're a derpy little gobbo trying to raid a well-protected treasury. Gotta get lucky! >_>

18. How is that even possible? Is your animation speed lowest possible or something? I finished it easily with time to spare and I did not have perfect draws.

SPOILER: Also I don't know how you hit the door but I waited until I had 3 Runs so I could get to the right side of the Reinforced Door in a non-vp square. Then just sat there and waited for the attack cards to appear.

19. Pengw1n

12th attempt and I beat it with 1 minute to spare - as the door failed 2 armor rolls. Yeah, great design - but hampered by rng, maybe raise the timer by 30 seconds at least? Also, Goblin Champagne - random or oddly fitting finale for my rng? (trolled by Cardhunter!)

SLG: Animation speed, movement or the sneaky solution wasn't the issue. I kept not drawing attack cards, and the few I drew ended up being mostly blocked.

20. progammer

progammer Ogre

The loot was random. I don't think that battle is any RNG once you have it figured out. Keep enough move card till you have 3 move card and move to the other side of the door (safe zone) in one turn. Then just spam attack and pass until he died, no need for more movement. His deck is small enough that I failed to see RNG being a factor