Mauve Manticore Submission Thread

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Farbs, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Potatus

Potatus Orc Soldier

The investigation
    Account: Potatus
    Prologue: After many months of searching you've finally find the criminals hideout.
    You are now leading a group of soldiers to attack the Red Scorpion Organization(RSO).
    The general(you):We are the Elite Brigade,the king loyal guards, surrender thy self or perish!
    RSO Leader: So...The foolish king is sending his guards to attack us the RSO?
    How amusing of him. Prepare to be crushed!!
    More guards are coming so you get 1 victory point every turn.
    Also Alonzo the sniper is the prison director and Chef Garrotte is trapped with his bodyguards.

Screenshot (86).gif

Screenshot (87).gif
    Epilogue: You send the criminals to jail and get a chest full of valuable items.

A few moments later...

Your lieutenant: We said that they will perish if they did not surrender... So why did we not kill them???
    The general(you):My boy, what job will you do if you get kicked off the Elite Brigade?
    Your lieutenant: I will be a prison guard of course...OH.....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  2. Potatus

Potatus Orc Soldier

Cavern attack!
    By: Potatus
    Prologue: Five friends was living peacefully in a faraway forest...
    A small portal suddenly appear and in it a priest covered in blood!
    The priest then summon forth a troll and two golems!
    You must defeat the invaders.
    Screenshot (96).jpg
    Screenshot (97).jpg

Epilogue: Peace at last! You take what is left of your enemies valuables and goes back to bed.

Attached Files:

3. Lord Patches

Lord Patches War Monkey

Gnome Sweet Gnome
    Created By Account Name: Lord Patches

[​IMG]

Gnome Sweet Gnome:
    Gnomeward Bound - (Map One)

Before Text:

After enduring a long winter of mining underground for gold, spring has finally come for three little gnome brothers. The brothers load up what gold they have collected into their wagon and can finally go home. As the tired gnomes carry the last of the gold out of the mine they notice their bounty being stolen by monkeys! Stop that grand theft wagon!!!

After Text:

Good job gnomes, you put an end to that monkey business! However, one of the monkeys threw something that hit you and oh my it stinks! Alright no more monkeying around, head home and get some rest.

Tall Beech Trees have long limbs that can only hit targets that are at range, get in there you tree-hugger!
    ----------------------------------
    [​IMG]

Gnome Sweet Gnome:
    Spring Cleaning - (Map Two)

Before Text:

The three fatigued little gnome brothers head home to get some well-deserved rest. But wait... what is this? In the gnomes' absence their humble gnome-home has been overrun with dennisons of the forest! Gnome more mister nice guy, time for some good old spring cleaning.

After Text:

Whew.. that was no fun, although spring cleaning never is! Now that the work is done these little gnomes can finally get some rest in their lovely gnome-home. Like Mama-Gnome always said, there's no place like gnome.

Don't be afraid to get your feet wet!
    ----------------------------------
    [​IMG]

Gnome Sweet Gnome:
    Keep Lore Elves - (Map Three)

Before Text:

The three exhausted gnomes open the front door to their gnome-home, eager to get their well-deserved rest. Unfortunately, the gnome brothers quickly notice that something is not right. What is that smell? Why it smells like... cookies?! It appears that elves from the nearby stronghold of Keep Lore have commandeered the hollow tree to bake delicious treats! To arms gnomes, to arms! Teach those filthy Keep Lore elves a lesson.

After Text:

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! Never mess with a gnome when he's in his home or he will turn you into loam... Those Keep Lore elves sure do make a good cookie though and the gnomes couldn't have asked for tastier spoils of war. And like Mama-Gnome always said, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Gnomes are magical creatures and some have even developed the ability to teleport!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  4. Potatus

Potatus Orc Soldier

Space Battle

Prologue:
    Robotic voice: ENEMY SPACESHIPS DETECTED
    ACTIVATING AUTO-DEFENSE SYSTEM
    DEFENSE SYSTEM ACTIVATED
    TURRETS IN PLACE

"BOOM" "BOOM" "BOOM" "BOOM" "BOOM"

REACTORS ARE HIT: SENDING TECHNITIANS

ENNEMYS DETECTED ON BOARD
    CODE RED CODE RED CODE RED

ELEMINATE THE TREAT AND REPAIR THE REACTORS

Screenshot (118).jpg

Epilogue:
    TREAT ELEMINATED
    REACTORS REPAIRED
    LOOT SCAVENGED
    MISSION IS SUCCESS.

Attached Files:

5. Potatus

Potatus Orc Soldier

The Abandoned Mine

Prologue: There where once a mine, a mine filled with precious stones. Many job opportunities opened. You where one of the many workers...
    One day kobolds and roaches came to the mine. The workers did their best to repel the attack... They...YOU where outnumbered...
    Seeing that you where clearly no match for them you fled... Soon afterward two of your co-workers caught up to you...
    You and your friends went to the Elder Mind house and asked him for help...
    The only price you and your friends had to pay was to become his servants.
    You then followed him and his other servants to the once lustrous mine.

PS: Go in option and turn on the "pause new cards only" option.

Screenshot (119).jpg

Epilogue: After many years working for The Elder Mind you've finally collected enough money to rebuild the mine...
    When you went to the newly renovated mine you saw a shiny object in front of you, upon closer inspection it was a chest...
    Now you are opening the chest.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  6. Pokemaster131

Pokemaster131 Lizardman Priest

1. Title: The Forum Foray

2. Screenshots:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I also attached the .brd file in case you wanted to look at it all at one time, as it is a relatively large map.
    3. Account Name: ElderScrolls

4. Before-battle text: Oh, no! The Card Hunter forums have been besieged by trolls, ragers, and inciters. It is now up to the Card Hunter moderators to regain control of the forums, before it's too late! Enlist the aid of your powerful developer tools to safely guide the Card Hunter team back to their stations to begin reclaiming the forums in the name of Blue Manchu!

Aftermath text: Ahhhh... things are once again peaceful in the Card Hunter forums. No trolls or ragers as far as the eye can see! We can now relax with an easy mind, well-assured that the future of Card Hunter is in good hands.

Attached Files:

SpaceDoubt and Potatus like this.
  7. SpaceDoubt

SpaceDoubt Orc Soldier

A 4-part Adventure
    By SpaceDoubt

Part 1: "Witch's Hovel"

Prologue:
    "The Guardians of The Forest have reported an overwhelming number of undead wandering in from from the south. I suspect someone is practicing the dark and highly ILLEGAL PRACTICE OF NECROMANCY AND I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT!!!"

The king slams his fists on the table in rage.

"..Ahem.. Excuse me. Where was I? ..Ah, yes. I need you three to venture into the forest. Locate and DESTROY the source of this disturbance. Check Withering Falls, Lundmeer's Nook, and that godforsaken Witch's Hovel... Move quick! Be discreet! Best not be seen lest we cause panic!"

Your party disappears into the shade of the southern forest.

witchshovel.jpg

Epilogue:
    As the circle is broken, a massive puff of thick, black smoke explodes from the ground engulfing the witch and then the entire party. The smoke clears and your party begins to feel a bit strange. The witch is nowhere in sight. Before you go after her, you decide to ransack her place in search of TREASURE!!

Part 2: "Cellar of Disciples"

Prologue:
    Still a bit woozy from whatever was in that smoke, your party has now eaten all of the leftovers from the witch's icebox and Ming won't shut up about how huge his hands are. Suddenly, Lothar begins sniffing as if, perhaps, he smells something. He jumps up and begins frantically searching for the source of the smell. He sniffs up high. He sniffs down low. Finally, Lothar runs out the back door to the side of the hovel. Ming takes notice and quickly flies out to join him. He rounds the corner to see Lothar straightening his tail and pointing his nose at the cellar door--Wait. What?!

cellarofdisciples.jpg

Epilogue:
    Okay, so she turned you into animals and unleashed her cult on you. Not good.
    But look on the bright side... TREASURE!!

Part 3: "The Rift"

Prologue:
    So your party; Dog, Bug, Plant Thing; travels deeper still, because, well, what else are you gonna do?

"Shh! Shutup!"

Wait. Who, me?

"SHHH! SHUT UP!"

You can't shush the narrat--

"Shutup! There she is...THE WITCH!!"

The witch holds up her hand, as if to offer a treaty.

"Please, listen... I am not a witch. My name is Andengal. I am a seer. I sometimes have visions. Visions of what may come. Here in this ancient dwarven temple, there has been a tear."

"ARF! ARF! RRUUFFFF?!" Lothar asks.

"A tear in reality," Andengal replies, "Your king, the one who sent you after me, did he not? Your king wishes to exploit this tear for his own selfish gain. For profit! I was amassing an undead army to protect this tear--this rift--from evil men such as he. But then you guys came and now--
    Anyway. Sorry I had to turn you into animals..."

She casts a spell, returning you to your original forms.

"..and I hope my disciples didn't give you too much trouble."

So... Shall we?

therift.jpg

Epilogue:
    Andengal disappears into the portal and in a flash of white light so intense it knocks all but Lothar off their feet, the rift closes, leaving your party to be all like... "Whaaat?!"

Suddenly, the portal rips back open, but only partially. A hand reaches through the opening and tosses some treasure onto the ground. A fading voice shouts "Thanks again, guys!" as the portal slams out of existence.

Part 4: "My Father, My King"

Prologue:
    Andengal tunnels through an infinitude of dimensions; her truest form revealed.
    Her father, formless at first, greets her warmly but silently.

"Father," cries Andengal, "You have not been a good king. You have not used your power well."

Her father, The King, replies,

"I know."

Slowly, the chaos is made concrete by your mind and the final battle ensues.

MFMK.jpg

Epilogue:
    As he fades from existence, the king has one last message for his daughter:

"Andengal, you must know this before I'm gone. It's about Lothar... He's your brother. Lothar is the true and rightful heir to my throne... and Ande..."

"Yes, father?"

"..I'm proud of you."

With a tear in her eye, Andengal travels through time and space to return with the news of how she pretty much saved the whole kingdom single-handedly.

Nobody cares though, because they're too busy opening their TREASURE!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  8. Potatus

Potatus Orc Soldier

Dragon Differences
    Prologue:
    At a "casual" dragon meeting.
    Mr.Blizkenrriper:Attack of the artifact is the best expansion, just look at those adventurers trying again and again to complete the Black Plume Mountain 1 HP quest... "Insert Evil laughter" ... The basic modules are so easy to beat no challenge at all.
    Mr.Greenfang :Attack of the artifact ruined Cardhuntria reputation by introducing items like Blue Destruction, Staff Of A Millions Embers and the worst of them all "Insert Dramatic Music": Searing Pain....
    Mr.Blizkenrriper: "Cough" "cough" Skull Of Savage Iljin "cough" "cough" plus the basic adventures last battle was lame.
    Mr.Xanthicius: Me lame???? Insolent AotA fool! To arms!

cardhunter00001.jpg

Epilogue:
    Mr.Blizkenrriper: Well now that I'm the only dragon left might as well take all the treasures.

1000 years later Mr.Blizkenrriper became a associate with a certain company called: Acquisition Inc. ......

Attached Files:

9. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Ghostly Getaway

Pre-Battle Text
    The legendary Three Kings of Ancient Cardhuntria have just woken up - after a millennium of lying mummified in a coffin. But there's no time for them to ponder their predicament, for their former slaves and servants have also awoken, and they want revenge! The Kings must make a quick escape up the staircase and out of the pyramid... but when you've been dead for a few thousand years, it's hard to move at all, let alone run!

Post-Battle Text
    The Kings stumble out of their pyramid, the groans and cries of their long-dead servants chasing them away. But as soon as they step into the sunlight, their bone-dry robes catch on fire, and all three of them promptly burn to cinders. After fighting through hordes of undead, to be bested by a bit of light... how un-phar-aoh!

[​IMG]

Account to send pizza to: adajon42

Notes:
    • Tags are noMinionKillPoints, respawnPeriod2 and respawnFilterPlayer1
    • Spawn points are random

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2016
    Potatus likes this.
  10. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Teamwork

Pre-Battle Text
    Kiki the Psi-Cat is enjoying her morning bathe in the stream. No adventurers ever explore this dungeon, so she has set up home here, and although it can be cold and damp, it's safe. Suddenly, the ceiling cracks, and two troll warriors fall with a crash into the room! Another troll charges down the staircase in front of Kiki and starts bellowing commands - it must be the leader. Summoning her cockroach friends with a sonorous 'meow!', Kiki prepares her psychic powers. She'll need all the help she can get to defeat these intruders before they achieve whatever they came here for!

Post-Battle Text
    The troll crumples and disintegrates in a flurry of psychic energy, leaving only a few assorted weapons smoking on the floor. Kiki returns to her bathing - she needs to relax after straining her powers like that! One thing's for sure; nothing will ever separate her from her home.

[​IMG]

Notes:

• Tags are respawnPeriodTwo and noMinionKillPoints

Attached Files:

BlackVoidDeath and Potatus like this.
  11. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Customised

Pre-Battle Text
    A new module has arrived in the post featuring skeletons and zombies, but Gary, Melvin and Karen find it too boring. They decide to customise it by including some extra 'terrain', reusing some old figures and letting you play as a group of Armoured Skeletons.
    'Battle Tvericus for the Cardstock ticket! Be careful of the zombies and marksmen, too!', Gary says with a grin. This should be interesting.

Post-Battle Text
    With the Cardstock ticket won, the group lets out a cheer. You all celebrate by sharing a pizza and rewarding yourself with some extra items.

[​IMG]

Notes:
    • Tags are noMinionKillPoints and respawnPeriodTwo
    • Card piles and drink are impassable terrain

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  12. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Dual Duel

Pre-Battle Text
    In the realm of Cyberspace, duels between supercomputers are enacted by controlling a pair of mutants in separate arenas. This is one such battle, but your opponent has cloned both of their mutants just before you start fighting. How unfair! Can you still emerge victorious?

Post-Battle Text
    You finally defeat the last of your opponent's mutants and let out a cybernetic roar of delight. You truly are the greatest supercomputer ever to be built! Laughing in the virtual face of your fallen foe, you claim your prize of powerful technology.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

From y0uthpast0r
    Pre-Battle text:
    I, Xanthicus, have discovered what I have long sought in the cold dark depths of soul contemplation. I have found how to continue the race of wyrms. As I contemplated the problem of infecundity, my eye turned inward: to scale and bone, sinew and synapse, cell and strand. Through consciousness of my being I have learned how to change genders. I enfolded Greenfang into my plan and our desires for a dragon age were one. Our clutch is nearly ready to hatch. There is only one who can stand in our way to a new world in Cardhuntria, the White Wyrm. Behold, he comes spewing out his cold scorn for our "aberration," our hope. He thinks our shame must die in the depths, but it is he and his henchmen who shall die.
    Post-Battle text:
    I, Xanthicus, declare this year "one" of the new dragon age, the beginning of our ascendancy. After we raise this hatch we will nest in the halls of the White Wyrm. His treasure horde is now ours and our seeds' even as all of Cardhuntria and its treasure shall be ours.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    edit: facing fixed

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    Potatus likes this.
  14. BlueSabere

BlueSabere Kobold

Edit: I forgot to check the AI box in this one.

Intro to Scenario: The Troll King was walking alone on a stroll one day, when he saw a small home protected by the 2 Dragons Greenfang and Blitzkenripper. He walked up and asked them what they were guarding, and they responded "Who are you?" The Troll King, infuriated, stormed off and came back with a group of trolls. "You shall die for insulting the Troll King!" Said one of the trolls, right before charging...

After Scenario: With the dragons dead, the Troll King opened the door to the house, and saw another door. He tried to go inside, but he was too big and instructed another troll to do so. The troll opened the door and said "It's just a wall! The dragons were guarding a wall!"

Send Pizza to GreenSabere. I no longer use BlueSabere.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  15. BlueSabere

BlueSabere Kobold

It's not the suspension bridge effect. It's actually the damsel effect. Truth.

16. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Sprite Strife

Pre-Battle Text
    With a deafening 'pop!' and a hiss of arcane magic, you complete the long-range teleportation ritual to Lord Stafford's treasure vault and find yourself standing in a damp, musty dungeon. This must be one of the antechambers - once you find the vault, the Illoth will be the richest sect in the whole of Cardhuntria! Your thoughts are interrupted by the appearance of an Acid Sprite from the corner of the room, probably a low-level guard - you'd better kill it before it gets away and tells anyone you're here! Casting a cave-in to block the door behind it and summoning a curse idol to help, you ready your magic in preparation.

Post-Battle Text
    Oh no! It appears the sprite used your own powerful anti-magic blocks against you in order to escape - oh well, maybe next time you'll get the treasure. Sprinkling some magical powder on the ground and uttering a few rites, you teleport away and back into your temple. Outsmarted by a mere Acid Sprite... maybe your brainpower isn't all it used to be...

Use telekinesis on the Elder Mind when it has either a Reflecting Block or Reflect Missile and when you're next to the cave-in, so you can telekinesis yourself over to the victory terrain.

[​IMG]

Notes:

• Tags are respawnPeriodOne and respawnFilterMinion
    • The line of boulders is Blocked terrain

Attached Files:

17. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Garden Aggression

Pre-Battle Text
    While staying at her holiday home in Rookwood forest, Sylvia the Sorceress is woken in the middle of the night by a terrible groaning coming from the forest outside her garden. Oh no... it appears the trees are growing restless again - they obviously don't like the fact that her cabin is made mostly of wood. Stepping out onto the balcony, she quickly brings to life a few of her garden gnomes using her magical powers before retreating to hide in the basement. Hopefully they'll be able to defend her house and defeat enough of the attackers to pacify them for now.

Post-Battle Text
    With the trees and spiders expelled from her property, Sylvia returns to the balcony to ponder over the remains of her assailants. Hmm... those garden gnomes sure did put up a good fight. Perhaps if she were to create more of them - a whole army, perhaps...

Screenshots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notes:
    • Tags are noNonMinionKillPoints, respawnPeriodOne, respawnFilterPlayer1
    • The tiles with rope in around the edge of the garden are difficult terrain, as well as the steps leading up to the deck and the bench in the garden
    • The forest area is all open terrain
    • The spawn points of the enemies are random all along the forest area on the west edge of the board
    • The spawn points of the gnomes are also random across those two strips of grass
    • The intention of this scenario is for the player to pick their battles carefully; the Gnome Berserkers should attack the Beech Trees as their attacks can't target characters adjacent to them, while the Gnome Spearmen attack the Maple Trees with range 2 attacks to stay out of their attack range.

Attached Files:

BlackVoidDeath and SpaceDoubt like this.
  18. adajon

adajon Thaumaturge

Irate Interview

Pre-Battle Text
    "I'm sorry, Mr Igneous, but you just don't have the skills required for Sales Executive in my company. Although you're certainly headstrong and persuasive, I'm afraid that our customers would find you too frightening... erm, what are you doing? Mr Igneous, please sit down again. Mr Igneous! Are you threatening me? Guards! Guards! Somebody, please! Help! Aaargh!"

Post-Battle Text
    "Phew... thank you, Cardob. I'll make sure you get a raise for that excellent performance. My, my... I knew it! All boulders are the same - you tell them something they don't want to hear, and they start trying to flatten you! Cancel my three o'clock appointment, Cardob, I need to sit down for a while after that..."

[​IMG]

Notes:

• The only tag is noMinionKillPoints
    • Orc Guard is a minion group
    • Glass doors are difficult terrain, as well as the chairs and desk

Attached Files:

19. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Title: Culinary Contest!

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Name of Account:
    Maniafig

Pre-battle flavour text:

The finals of the hundredth annual cooking competition - Cardhuntrian Culinary Contest C - are here!

In the south corner, representing the Gastronomers Guild, it's Chef Ramses! A seasoned chef, with even more seasoned food, some say a bite of his food is as a bite of the divine ambrosia of the gods! Others claim his food prefers to bite than to be bitten! Regardless, it's a sight to see and to taste!

In the north corner, representing Lord Cadford & Co. Catering, it's the Garcotto Quintuplets! What they lack in proper hygiene and adherence to kitchen maintenance protocol they more than make up for in hotheaded brawn and numbers! What scheme have these crooked cooks cooked up this time?!

Why, it seems one of the Garcotto Quintuplets has issued a challenge and stepped past the cordoned area, a clear violation of the rules!

Post-battle flavour text:

Culinary Contest? More like Culinary Conquest! The quality of properly prepared food will always win out over a quantity of chops and lunges! Certainly the demonic seasonings had nothing to do with it.

And to the victor go the spoils! The sweet taste of victory, a chance to prepare some Garcotto Filet au Mignon and a chest bearing this year's first prize!

Note: Module uses AI music track 3

Attached Files:

Wandere and Lucky Dice like this.
  20. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

In-game name: y0uthpast0r
    Pre-Battle text: Every weekend they bring food to your front porch. They lay out a blanket, pop some casks of bubbly, sing a happy song, and cut the cake. Then you march in to clean up the mess, slurp up the spills, eat the leftover food. Something's different though. Your spidey-sense is tingling and it tells you that this time, the leftovers might like to eat you.
    Post Battle text: Food that you have to fight for somehow tastes more satisfying than when it just sat there and let you eat it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016