Mauve Manticore Submission Thread

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Farbs, Nov 19, 2013.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

• Try to get as much use of the fireball as possible so that it hits as many enemies as it can.
    • Make sure as little enemies get past your door as possible because they can overwhelm you, rather try to bottleneck the entrance so that the fireballs work at their best.
    • Keep both characters alive, if you loss the mage at the start you have lost and if you lose the priest near the end you also have a much smaller chance of winning.
    • Unfortunately you dont have purges in the priest, so you must use your Greater Heals carefully.

LeisureSuitLoli likes this.
  2. Dargenom

Dargenom Orc Soldier

Gravestorm.jpg

Title:

Gravestorm

Ingame Username:
    Dargenom

Intro:

The ritual chamber of the castle lies drenched in a dead silence only occasionally broken by the nervous mutterings of your two hired bodyguards. In this castle, the wicked lichlord Yorgenac plotted to conquer the world, before he was rightly smited by plucky heroes. In your hands lies a gruesome merging of metal, flesh and magical energies about the size of a human skull, occasionally pulsing and emitting a green glow. You tentatively place the lich's phylactery on the altar, ready to begin the ritual that will sever the deposed evil's link to this world forever. To your surprise, the chamber is suddenly bathed in a green mist as a disembodied voice bellows from all around you.
    -"Insolent cretins, should you hope to destroy me, you must first defeat those who tried before you!"
    With that, you hear the shuffling of dirt and moaning of the dead as they claw their way out of the ground to stop you. Instinctively, you draw your weapon and brace yourself for combat.

Outro:

In the heat of battle, the phylactery is finally destroyed, and with a collective sigh the undead implode, leaving you and your bodyguards alone in the chamber once more. You hope to yourself that simply destroying the phylactery was enough and make a hasty retreat back to town where no doubt you'll be handsomely rewarded.

Hints:

-Bottleneck the opponents to mitigate their number advantage.
    -Be prudent when using crushing attacks, as they may be the only way of damaging the skeletons.
    -Tread carefully around zombies, as their 'Brains!' attack can lock down a character for a whole turn.
    -Each slain enemy will respawn every two turns. Try to keep in mind which turn it is, or risk being blindsided by respawning mobs.

EDIT: Added death markers, as I noticed they were missing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  3. Jaer

Jaer Goblin Champion

King of the Haul

Adventure:

Your day went alright. Plundered a village or two, scared a few peasants into grey hair - it's all in good fun. Time to get back to your cozy hut and get some well-deserved rest. Suddenly, the thread of your simple, but cheerful thoughts is broken by the ruckus coming from the nearby cavern. Closer inspection of the cavern reveals a gang of noisy kobolds squabbling over a pile of loot.

Surely all those shiny baubles would look way better back at your place! But the pesky hoarders have already noticed you, and their pals will keep coming through the tunnels. Better hurry up and grab the treasure before someone else does - and before you are overrun!

Screenshot:

[​IMG]

Aftermath:

Looks like there are no more volunteers. The kobold gang now seems to be fully aware of your face-smashing skills. You throw the final handful of coins and jewels into the sack, pick it up and take your leave.

Yep, all in a day's work.

Account name: Jaer

• Enemies respawn each round. The only way you can reach your goal is by getting to the pile of loot as quickly as possible, then holding your position.
    • Most of your attacks are devastating to the kobolds, but they have the advantage of numbers. Conserve your energy and wait for the perfect opportunity to strike.
    • Even though defeating your foes does not bring you closer to victory, you should always consider the risk of taking too much damage from a possible Mob or Stab attack.

Attached Files:

4. Trouble In The Forest Module!

This is DARIUS. The forest biome module experiment has failed. The creatures have proven too resistant to obedience modification and must be disposed of. The creatures have been breeding at a high rate and will overrun the Citadel unless quick action is taken.

Your orders:
    Eliminate all creatures.

[​IMG]

Epilogue:
    DARIUS is pleased. Now there is more room to finish my HOST project.

Attached Files:

5. Jaer

Jaer Goblin Champion

Home Run

Adventure:

*huff*.. Woof!.. *huff*.. Serves me right for running off on a winter night. It's dark, it's freezing, and on top of that - I'm hungry! And why is it so cold anyway? Well, I guess it is a winter night, but this cold bites worse than our neighbor's hound when we pick a fight!

Wait.. are those.. eyes? And.. horns? Woof, no good, it's too dark, and looks like the path itself is clear. I should gather what's left of my strength and make a run for it. Better be careful, though - creepy glowing eyes with horns is not the kind of fun I’m looking for on a night like this. But why is it so cold?..

Screenshot:

[​IMG]

Aftermath:

Home! The worried family is now overjoyed, and the warm rug by the fireplace is just what I needed to..

Wait.. is that.. a full bowl? Woof!

Account name: Jaer

• Take your time. It might be wise to prepare yourself before moving out and rushing towards your goal.
    • Think twice before making any move. Try to predict the reaction of your enemies. Sometimes it’s actually beneficial to take the risk of being hit – but more often than not it will ruin your chances of survival.
    • There are almost no true safe spots on your way – apart from the safety of your home. But certain places will be safe long enough for you to make it through – if you are quick.

Attached Files:

6. De-Bugging.

Prologue:

This is DARIUS. There has been some corruption in my databanks. They need to be cleared of errant data. Be prepared to debug the problem.

[​IMG]

Epilogue:
    This is DARIUS. My memory banks have been cleared of corruption. I can now function at full capacity once more.

Attached Files:

Maniafig, BlackVoidDeath and Dargenom like this.
  7. Trouble In The Forest Module! Version 2.

This is DARIUS. The forest biome module experiment has failed. The creatures have proven too resistant to obedience modification and must be disposed of. The creatures have been breeding at a high rate and will overrun the Citadel unless quick action is taken.

Your orders:
    Eliminate all creatures.

[​IMG]

Epilogue:
    DARIUS is pleased with the results. Now there is more room to finish the HOST project.

Attached Files:

Dargenom likes this.
  8. BlackVoidDeath

Infested Base

In game Username - Same as here: BlackVoidDeath

Story:

Darius log...
    run.molly.exe
    run.case.exe
    run.marie-france.exe
    run.annihilateallenemies.exe
    Now go and destroy these disobedient worms, but remember that even though the Turrets will shoot the parasites I have not written the code for them to ignore you because the Host spreads too quickly and it would be too late if I did, now hurry and destroy the parasites and prevent the Host from taking over the whole ship.

Infested Base.jpg

Epilogue:
    You feel your energy dispersing and returning back into the cyber world, returning back to Darius. You have completed your job to a very high standard.
    Test #1 has been a success.
    (Edit): And you collect your prize.

• Try to keep the priest alive as long as possible, because it can compress energy into one place to bring it's team-mates back from the cyber world... what I'm trying to say is that it has the card Reanimate :p
    • Try this combo on Molly: 2x Mimetic Crown Martyr Blessing Retaliatory Mutation for extra cards :)
    • Even though the turrets have LOS on some of the Eggs, the eggs wont be damaged by the laser's because of their armor card: Leathery Hide
    • Turret LOS: Blue= Only the top turret has LOS on that square Red= Only the bottom turret has LOS on that square Gold= Both of the Turrets have LOS on that square Blank= Neither of the Turrets have LOS on that square Infested Base Turret LOS.jpg
    And finally, this is not really a tip but when one of the Grubs bit me with Radiative Bite, I discarded a card and drew Dreadfully Ill - the card from @Flaxative 's MM map! :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    Dargenom and LeisureSuitLoli like this.
  9. majmun

majmun Kobold

Title: The Mischevious Man 1 (Alternate title?: Monkey Madness)

In Game Username: Majmun

Intro: You have decided that, after so much time building decks and searching for legendary items, you need a break from your exhausting job of card hunting. You haven't left your computer and spent time with your family in a while, so you decide to go visit them. When you get outside, however, you find that your village has been infested by trapsters and your pet flying monkeys have gotten out of their cage. Since you have subdued these creatures many times before you decide to save the village. Besides, your flying monkeys are flinging poop everywhere.

Epilogue: Congratulations, you've saved the day! You do wonder where the trapsters came from, though. However, you have had enough exercise for the day and decide that it is time to play some more card hunter. As you go inside, you see an old man escaping from the corner of your eye...

You can win by killing the trapsters, but it is likely that you will lose by VP because of the monkeys if you try to kill enough trapsters. Try contesting a VP before the monkeys can win. Look out for acid sprays, though!

Also, I may make slight changes to this post or board as I playtest this scenario more (or think of a way to make it look better). I know it is winnable, but it is difficult, at least for me.
    2015-08-03_00001.jpg
    2015-08-03_00002.jpg 2015-08-03_00002.jpg

1st edit: I forgot to attach the scenario file :(
    2nd Edit: Beginning Screenshots added

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    LeisureSuitLoli and Dargenom like this.
  10. BlackVoidDeath

Forest Collision

Story:

You are a leader of a monkey scouting squad, and you have been sent by your chief to investigate the large, blazing, shiny... thingy that has fallen from the sky. As you approach the large shiny boulder a hole opens in the side of it. You decide to investigate the inside but as you scuttle towards the opening a fleshy ball drops out and after it a load of flesh spills out onto the forest floor! But the horror doesnt end there, three large figures also emerge from the dark opening and charge to attack you!
    "Stand your ground!" you call out, and retreat to a safe location overlooking the battlefield.

Forest Collision.jpg

Epilogue:
    Your squad slash the final abomination and it spills out onto the floor adding to the fleshy ground. You approach the boulder and order the remaining squad to pry the hole open again. Inside you find lots of strange items some of which may come in use in future scouting missions.

Attached Files:

Dargenom and LeisureSuitLoli like this.
  11. BlackVoidDeath

Storge nest quest

Story:

You, your family and friends have woken up after hibernation and are seeking out a place to stay for the summer but the villagers dont want you to make your nest next to their village since it would be easy for you to attack the village, QUICK you must make a nest before they hunt you down! Fly through the swamp and use the fact that they cant fly to your advantage.

Storge Nest Quest2.jpg

Epilogue:
    You manage to bat at the walls to create a cave-in so the humans cant get to you, once you create the nest for the summer you can fly to the village and cause havoc! And if someone decides to attack your cave... they will make for a delicious meal.

Attached Files:

LeisureSuitLoli and Dargenom like this.
  12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

A reminder to all scenario submitters: we do have some guidelines on how boards should look. These are mentioned in Farbs's first post in this thread, but as we've gotten a number of submissions with wonky boards I thought I would rehash it.

1. Blocked terrain should have a thick, black border.
    1B. If a square has the blocked terrain black border, it should be blocked.
    2. If a square has a lot of object clutter, it should generally be difficult terrain. If it's cluttered to the point of being blocked, find some way to put a black border around it.
    3. Make sure you don't have any open walls or similar errors.
    4. Nonstandard use of terrain and doodads is okay, but please make sure to abide by the above rules as much as possible.

If you've submitted a board that breaks these rules, feel free to delete & repost your submission.

(This is not targeted at any player in particular.)

FDrybob, Druidmask, Dargenom and 2 others like this.
  13. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

Necromania

Boppsy, Cuddlepie, and Mr. Jingles are three of the most embarrassingly named individuals ever to become adventurers. As usual, they're tasked with the mundane transport of mundane junk to a mundane wizard in a mundane part of Cardhuntria, and as usual, they begrudgingly accept and begin their mundane junk haul. As they arrive and begin unpacking their cart, however, they hear a spooky rattling laughter from within the supposedly mundane cottage. Sensing a chance to finally prove themselves, they ready their weapons and prepare for battle!

Brave the depths, slay the necromancer, and rescue the wizard in Necromania: A Tale of Adept Underappreciated Adventurers
    Necromania.jpg
    The remaining undead promptly collapse and decay into nothingness as you deliver a fatal blow to the necromancer. The rescued wizard explains that you've slain none other than the infamous Alet Zhav, who was planning to use the arcane reagents you delivered to spread his undead plague across the entire plane of Cardhuntria. By returning his remains to the kingdom, you'll be lauded as heroes and finally have the recognition you deserve!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
    Maniafig and LeisureSuitLoli like this.
  14. Alperen

Alperen Kobold

• Story of a Necromancer (sorry for English)
    • İngame name: Cavus
    • Episode 1: Stupid Pirates
    You are a Necromancer. When you are working with your bodies, you heard foot steps. Then some stupid lizardman pop out. Funny, you never resurrected lizardman before.
    • [​IMG]
    • Epilogue: One of them told you they are pirates from Sea of imps and they are camped near your cave.
    Episode 2: Pirate Camp

When you went outside you saw a pirate alone outside, probably guarding the gate, alone, fool.
    [​IMG]
    Epilogue: You killed them mercilessly. And you found a map to direction of their ship. Hmmm ı hope they have a lot of treasure and fresh of course...

Episode 3: Ship of Death

When you arrived the shore. You saw the pirate ship. Little one. Oh look! There is some villager bodies here. Dead. Lets wake them up!
    [​IMG]
    Epilogue: So many pirate, so many dead body, so many knowledge.

Challenge: Dont let the Necromancer dead.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  15. Super4011

Super4011 Lizardman Priest

Map Name: Thieving Xanthicius

In Game Name: Super4011

Intro: Xanthicius is trying to get gold for a demon ritual. He decides to steal treasure from Blizkenripper since he and many others hate him. Xanthicius bring some demons and sprites with him for assistance. He get to Blizkenripper's treasure, but he sees Xanthicius. Blizkenripper's minions join him and a battle is formed.

Outro: Xanthicius and his demon allies take as much treasure as they can carry and head back to his lair. However, unknowing to Xanthicius, Blizkenripper survived the battle and would later recover.

(Edit: Changed the Map Name, Intro, and Outro)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  16. Super4011

Map Name: Citadel Escape

Intro: Blessed Anime has been taken captive by mutants and is being held prisoner at the citadel along with a war monkey, a goblin, a wyvern, and a geomancer. They all have seen what has happened with a skeleton that was being tested on and they all have agreed to work together to try to escape. They are able to get out of their cells and must now get to the door on the other side of the room before the alarm can be raised.

Outro: On the other side of the door. They find a room with a ton of stuff. They all take items they think is of greatest value to each of them and look for an exit. It does not take long and they all escape from the citadel.

(Edit: Changed the Map Name, Intro, and Outro)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  17. Super4011

Map Name: Cavern Ambush

Intro: Lord Batford, are moving to a very nice house. The one problem is that he has to go through the high mountain pass to get there. He is going through the pass with a lot of guards and servants and nothing goes wrong until rocks above him collapse and kill most of his guards and servants. Once he and his remaining guards, servant, and dog come to their senses, they notice an ogre accompanied by goblins coming from one end, greedy wyverns coming from the opposite end, and a goblin shaman in a nearby cave. It is an ambush!

Outro: Defeating the raiders, Lord Batford quickly take as much stuff of value as he can and runs to the other end of the pass. After being chased by other foes, he barely manages to get there. He decides to never try to go through the high pass until it becomes safer.

(Edit: Changed the Intro and Outro)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  18. BlackVoidDeath

Spider Hunt

Story:

You are an alpha mutant who has been living for much longer than your fellow mutants and so you are classed as an alpha and all the mutants obey you.
    You have created a community of mutants who have taken shelter in a long crashed space shuttle, which has overgrown with vines and other plants showing that it has been here for a long, long time. You and your mutants have captured this from a spider colony living within the shuttle. Unable to make an offer and peace with the spiders, you kill them and take over the wrecked shuttle. After doing so you round up the remaining spiders and trap them in cages for experimenting but some of the spiders escaped capture and ran off into the woods. Many weeks have passed since then and you begin to get anxious, the spider may be planning to capture the base back since they are intelligent and special breeds of spiders which if not killed may cause trouble in the future. With a few of your best mutants you leave for the forest and leave the rest of your army back at base too keep an eye, eyes or lots of eyes out for any intruders.
    As you approach the end of a dirt road you find lots of forest spiders accompanied by their futuristic brethren! They have made allies with the occupants of the forest and are now scampering to attack you!

Spider Hunt.jpg

Epilogue:
    Squishing the last spider you lower your claws, you have prevented a possible attack and the lives of many mutants in your community. After researching the dead bodies of the spiders you find some interesting new technology for the creation of new weaponry! You create these weapons and use them to help aid the progress of your colony.

Attached Files:

19. BlackVoidDeath

Planet Infestation

Story:

You have been put in charge of a plan to capture yet another planet, to do so 4 eggs will be dropped from the mother-ship and are fall towards this new planet, landing in different places.
    Your job is simple, constantly order the eggs to hatch grubs to protect it while it creates a HQ shell around itself and spawns more flesh to take over the planet after a while.
    There should not be any resistance since the inhabitance of this planet are very primitive and havent even researched Radiation Tec. yet. So the job should be easy. If you are to meet an enemy, destroy it but do not let it destroy too many eggs or else the spread of the virus would be too slow and the organisms there would develop an immunity or antidote to the effects.
    Another thing to note is that the minds of the eggs are linked and they can act together, thats all.
    Launching eggs... progress: Egg1 launched, Egg2 launched...

Planet InfestationEdited.jpg

Epilogue:
    You have successfully completed your task and are rewarded with a few items retrieved from the planet, you hesitate to take the primitive items since you have no use for them but some of the retrieved items are of your era's tec - you must have not been first to pay this planet a visit...

Attached Files:

SpencerWS and Druidmask like this.
  20. BlackVoidDeath

The Summoning

Story:

You are an Elven Mage who's goal is to become the most powerful pyromancer in all of CardHunteria, unfortunately not all plans go as you may have wished...
    One day you come across a temple in the deep rainforest. As you enter you see two idol's of gods, the god of fire and the god of the undead. You see a light in the middle of the room and walk up to it, it is a prayer well which can channel your prayers to the gods if you are practised enough in magic. You do so and ask both gods for a demon who will do your bidding and live to die for yourself. As you channel this message through an explosion of smoke emits from in front of you, you look up and see a demon, just as you wished! The only problem is that it is holding a fireball which can only mean one thing! You quickly block the spell and summon some of your own demons, as though sensing the presence of new demons the idols come alive and so do three more totems. You are clearly outnumbered but you must try nonetheless because the doorway from which you came from has just been blocked off!

The Summoning.jpg

Epilogue:
    You burn away at the last demon and silence fills the room, after a few moments the entrance door magically opens back up. You survey your surroundings, you only see rocks and charred ground beneath your feet but some items of value catch you attention, these have fallen out of the cracked prayer well which was hit with one of the spells in all the chaos. You take these items and desummon your demons, they fade away to wait for the next time you summon them, maybe you didnt get a new demon but at least you got some interesting new toys to play around with!

• Your fire demon is more powerful because your speciality is fire magic so this demon will draw more cards than the other two.
    • Dont waste your move cards because the lava spitters have lots of fire terrain which you need to be weary of.

Attached Files: