Mauve Manticore Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Pengw1n, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

We tend to use italics to differentiate between adventure text and editor notes, but I think it should be okay to use bold, or all caps, or a whole lot of quotation marks.

2. Sisquinanamook

Sisquinanamook Orc Soldier

Hi there,

I am a bit unsure where I should post this, but I maybe found a bug with the map "forgotten chapel". But I am not sure if it is a bug or intentional.
    Should I post it here?
    Should I post it in the Bug Section?
    Should I post it in the custom map thread of the forgotten chapel?

Maybe I just ask in here and hope you are not mad with me posting it here. :oops:

Should it be possible to move the door with improved telekinesis in the first round before the trait "immovable" is attached to the door?

forgotten_chapel_telekinesis.png

*cuddles*
    Sisquinanamook

3. Farbs

Yep, that's fine. It's just a side effect of pushing the character and deck systems to their limits to create doors. This thread is for discussing the Mauve Manticore system of submitting and publishing custom scenarios though, so this isn't really the thread for questions about this (or any other) specific edition.

4. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Farbs or anyone else, i did a map where there was 5v5 teams but only 2 members would fight randonly at each time we did the map, the way i manage to make the teams random was put the 5 mobs there but 3 respawns outside the main map, theres any way i can add 5 diferent mobs to a map, but the map randomly pick only 2 of those 5 to use?

5. Is there a deadline for submissions?

6. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

for what i understood, theres no deadline, they will keep piking maps from the there whenever a new mm comes, if im not mistaken. so map you submit now, can be selected futher ahead

Farbs likes this.
  7. Ok thanks.

8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Yes, Farbs addresses this in this post, the last paragraph (from the same thread we're in, on page one :)) .

Flaxative likes this.
  9. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Ooh, I think I'd like to contribute some more maps. It's just a pity that I'm very busy these days. Ah, well. If someone gets to my ideas before I do, maybe they'll even do a better job!

10. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

.@FarbsMcFarbs - Added scenarios and adventures for MM#2

I'm guessing MM#2 might be decided.

11. Farbs

It has been drafted, but isn't finalised yet :)

Flaxative and Pengw1n like this.
  12. That reminds me.. I should probably submit my scenarios :)

Flaxative likes this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Mind Control Facility!!!!

14. I posted it here!!!! :)

15. I really like the illusion of snow falling in The Siege map Scared Little Girl. It is a really nice touch,

Flaxative likes this.
  16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Just for clarity, right now this just means the Maztec tiles and decals, right? Zen and Halloween are allowed?

What about monsters not seen in the campaign? I think they're all old, abandoned ideas rather than new ones, but it would be good to know for sure. (Also, Melvelous is still broken.)

17. Farbs

Yep, Zen and Halloween tiles and decals are fine.

The monster lists in the scenario editor drop down menus are hard coded, so we're better able to control which monsters you see there. We haven't updated those lists since work on the new content began, so all monsters there should be fair game.

18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

What about the new lava tiles added to the Volcano palette? It's an old palette, but those tiles haven't appeared in the game yet.

19. Farbs

If they're particularly distinctive then probably no, otherwise they might be okay. It's more of a guideline than a rule unfortunately.

20. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Oooh! There are real lava tiles? *scurries to go fix up custom maps*