Mauve Manticore #2

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Farbs, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

Agree with hwango that the second battle of #2 was a bit easy - there should be another spider at least.

2. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

np mate, all feedback is welcome, after all ch is a great game and we need keep improving on it,even if is just with some silly custom maps :)

3. Heh...I was just dropping in to say pretty much exactly the same thing as hwango. Having played it a bunch more, I'm actually finding it to be a lot of fun. Of the 15 possible matchups, the three he mentioned (zombie vs. wyvern, zombie vs. bowman, and bowman vs. skeleton once Only Bones comes into play) seem like the only ones that are impossible to win, though anyone vs. wyvern is also a beast once one or more Grounding Plates is in effect. That still makes it almost always possible to win 3 out of 5, but it's a nice challenge. I might just replace the wyvern with something a bit less healthy and/or mobile, and it might be interesting to swap out the zombie for one of the festering variety, due to Resistant Hide and Festering Guts (is the AI smart enough to avoid triggering the latter when it would take out its own character as well)?

4. Thaeyn

Thaeyn Kobold

Hello, apologies if this is the incorrect place, but since I stupidly missed out on the original, does the first Mauve Manticore adventure still show up during the campaign, or is it a case of when its gone its gone. Thanks

Edit: nevermind, as always a quick scan of the latest release notes tells me that MM01 opens after the completion of MM02

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Yes, it shows up (silently) after you complete either part of MM2.

6. Yth

Yth Orc Soldier

I actually spent a lot of time balancing out The Summoning's battles. I started out making it way too hard (where I could win about 1 in 6), then toned it down till I could consistently win about 5 out of 6. That said, when the actual MM#2 came out, I was a bit dismayed to find that the teams had been changed to be even easier.

It does make a bit of sense as you don't want to be frustrated and lose in the middle of the module, and I had originally envisioned the Summoning part I to be the first map in a module, which could therefore be a bit more harsh to beat.