Mauve Manticore #14

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by Pawndawan, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I tried that several times, but you still need the pig to draw a bunch of moves once he's around the corner. I also tried having one of the other chars follow the pig, but couldn't see a way to prevent them from dying on lava.

So I gave up and did it @Happenstance's way instead.:p

The second map was the first time I've ever seen Potemkin hurt someone with his Rumbling Charge. The second time was on the third map when he accidentally hit an ally.

Happenstance likes this.
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Because some of us don't count the stars. :confused:

3. Dragudo

Dragudo Kobold

Well, on the side, i got a little interesting story for yah, while we were regaling tales of how we beat the new mm, i said that the first map was pretty easy and that i got to the vp in the corner at the last second, well this guy, Tronus La Tortoise comes along and says "You will always get to the far vp at the last second"

Well, i took this as a personal insult and deci- no DEDICATED myself to proving him wrong!

After hours and hours of grueling, backbreaking, and tear jerking torture (about 15 minutes of restarting the map) i finally did it

http://imgur.com/a/QZpnR

I now feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Sir Veza and Vholes like this.
  4. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

The fact that players can make maps and scenarios is hidden away. Unless you click on "Create Casual Game" there is not much reason to assume that can lead to mapmaking.

So if the mapmaker whas more obvious and maybe there was an in-game tuturoial for how to make maps and scenarios there would be more Mauve Manticore submissions.

Aerendhil, timeracers and Flaxative like this.
  5. Vholes

Vholes Thaumaturge

Old MacDonald in Hell: I had Lava follow Pig down the hallway. Lava had Wall of Fire in opener so I spent one turn stocking up on moves and catapulted Pig to the corner first round. This lets Lava spend one less turn self-immolating so he can survive following Pig to help him the rest of the way. Sure, Happenstance's bizarre "kill the enemies" strategy sounds easier, but I bet that doesn't get you the secret alternate ending. (Neither does this.)

Super Smash Brothers Secret Stage: Core Processor: Button mashed, had fun, won the turn before the respawn. Probably even more fun if you read your cards before playing them, but I cannot verify.

Pure Sexiness at the Retirement Home: Tried to run away while Wimpy wore off on elder brain so I could finish off everyone at once with Brainhooks. Got super unlucky and drew powerful damage cards instead of movement, had to kill everything but whippersnapper brain instead. Played Whack a Mole with reanimated enemies until I drew the right combination of damage to Brainhook, wear off Adapted to Psychic without killing the target, Brainhook again to win. Earned double victory: real and moral.

Overall: Beat them all first try because no respect for strategy obscured my keen eye for victory. Dead brain in map 2 thwarted my flawless victory because @#$! game glitched and didn't give me my fourth Invisibility.

Update: I have lost the moral victory from map 3 now that I have realized all the enemy brain wanted to do was play Rumbling Charge bumper car with his friends Wall and Edge of Map. Poor kid.

Krunail, Kalin, CT5 and 6 others like this.
  6. Darkgryf

Darkgryf War Monkey

because i failed to count the number of vp necessary to win the scenario and thought that i had to kill everything, I only noticed this error once i killed the 4 skellies and 2 parrybots and won :)

7. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

8. :confused:!!! All this time I'm playing that first map wrong. I put my lava guy on that far vp square in time but it became harder to kill off the enemy T_T

9. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

It the retirement level the portrait on the bottom is of the goblin chieftain instead of the goblin king.

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I've fixed Guztuk's portrait and the swarm spawning in battle 3 for the next release.