Map idea help

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Scarponi, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I have a map in mind that I want to create so that one side wins by victory square and the other side can only win by total KO. Anybody have a way to do this?

*I have thought about making a victory square accessible only by teleport/fly and choosing characters accordingly, but this is less than ideal based on the rest of the scenario so I'm hoping to find some other way.

Let your creative juices flow!

2. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Stick a single character on a victory square which is isolated from the rest of the map. See also: call the exterminator.

Flaxative likes this.
  3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

So:
    A needs to win by controlling VS
    B needs to win by killing all of A

For the second part, you can put a member of B inside a locked room (surrounded by Blocked terrain).

If you want it easy for A, just put an Immovable char (Reinforced Door or Stench Demon) sitting on a VS, or surround the VS with Impassible terrain (and make sure B has ranged attacks). Another option would be to give B only one char (besides the imprisoned one) while A gets several, and make all the passable tiles Victory terrain (except the prison).

Making it challenging for A is much harder. Fly and Teleport are probably the best options, though you might try something where A starts between B and the VS, but preventing B from controlling the VS could be hard (though you can set B's point goal to 1,000,000 to prevent them from wining that way). Another thing you could try is to make the path to the VS narrow and give B all 2x2 chars, so they can block the VS but not actually claim them.

4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Thanks for the thoughts Kalin. My idea is to try to make a gauntlet that the hero(s) have to run. I want it set up so they win if they make it to the far side (or kill everyone but that would likely be suicide), but I want the enemy (Team B) to focus on trying to kill the hero(s) rather than all crowding the victory square.

The reason I want to avoid fly/teleport is that it would make getting through the gauntlet too easy me thinks.

I may try one VS with Team B having a Reinforced door already place on the VS and put a super high point total. If already occupying the only VS would make the rest of the AI controlled Team B characters go after killing the hero(s) this might do the trick.

Also possible, though not sure it'll work for the rest of what I had in mind.

This won't really do the trick for what I had in mind but is quite creative and I may have to think about how I could use this in the future!

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Thanks for the thoughts. I probably should have been more specific, as I explained in my response to Kalin I'm not looking for a "countdown timer" as much as a "finish line". My fault on not being clear.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Heehee, exterminator. >_>
    Yeah, what you want is to keep the enemy mobs from giving victory points on death. And the only way to do that right now is to use cockroaches exclusively, I believe.

7. Human Servants give no victory points.

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

And mostly don't fight, but yeah... servants and cockroaches lol.

9. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

And reinforced doors. Although they also mostly don't fight. ^_^

10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

One door puts up quite the struggle in the first Mauve Manticore, third battle. Passive aggressive but still.

neoncat and Flaxative like this.