Making Use Of Elves - Triple Threat Dash Warriors

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Stormyknight, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Stormyknight

Stormyknight Orc Soldier

I dont find much use in elves as individuals in a team of mixed races as they suffer from bad racials and bad hit points, but as a collective threesome elf warriors can really get some work done.

The aim of the build was to be able to kill at least one enemy every turn usually the wizard first to get this done you need to be able to move fast, far and often. Your also going to need some defense against encumber and irate warriors trying to get a bead on you.

So here it is my triple elf warrior team. They can move, dodge, hard to hit and pack a punch as a team.

[​IMG]

Tasslehoff Burrfoot
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

1 x Bruiser
    1 x Stab
    1 x Wild Run
    1 x Impaler
    1 x Team Run
    1 x Loner
    1 x Weak Chop
    3 x Fiery Stab

[​IMG]

Illidan Stormrage
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

[​IMG]

Legolas Greenleaf
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

Things i would like to change are if i had more strongarms i would definately replace my other 0token weapons with them same with another tough leather cap on Illidan. Elf 0token racials are just REALLY BAD.. so not much room on that, i would also replace the jackrabbit with another slippery when i come by one.

Post up any thought about possible changes i could make and any observations. My win ratio is not bad and i am able to hold my own against 1300-1400 ranked players with this build.

2. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Tip - you can export your build formatted for the forum like so:

With the deck builder open, press 'F1' (this opens a single-line console at the foot of the client), then 'F1' again (this opens a full-screen console). Type 'partyanddecksbbcode' and press return, which will export your build to the clipboard, formatted suitably for pasting into a forum post.

3. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Also, there's an item macro (second icon from the right, the one with a green orb, in the formatting bar) which links straight to the wiki page for each item.

4. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

why not use Superb Footwork you can move and hit same turn. i tryed do it, got mixed results but i didnt have that good gear

5. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

As for using elf warriors, I've found that elves are too squishy to use in close combat without a huge number of blocks. (Here's my build.) Also, elves typically have to hang back until they have enough damage in hand to KO in 2 or 3 hits - and an average draw won't give you that strength, especially with the quantity of movement you've got.

6. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

I'm certainly curious, though. Let us know if it works out!

7. Stormyknight

Stormyknight Orc Soldier

appreciated and done ;) and yep i agree usually in one hand no single elf is able to KO any one character so i use my ability to flank and move to always douple or triple gang each player one by one, i use feint techniques to make the enemy go one direction and then out flank them and come in the side.

I just fought a triple human control team and i was able to push through all the ice and winds that were thrown at me and still be on them first round.

8. Stormyknight

Stormyknight Orc Soldier

The team relies on being able to double or triple team an enemy so i need the team moves more then individual moves.

9. Lusus121

Lusus121 Goblin Champion

If you can make room for Superb Evasion (2 Elvish Mobility) it could make the all-elf thing more worth while.

If not that, adding an Insight for 2 Elvish Insight could help understand when to hang back and when to jump in.

My general point is that if you're making a race based build use the race cards the best that you can.

10. I was going to suggest this same thing.

Stormyknight, have you tried Elvish Insight instead of Elvish Mobility? I think the former is an awesome card and also fun to play. Elvish Mobility.. not that great imo, then again I haven't used it much. I would imagine that you already have adequate amount of movement without Elvish Mobility.

One good thing about Elvish Mobility is of course the fact that you don't see many elves in MP.

11. Bearson Onyx

Bearson Onyx Goblin Champion

I feel like the AoA on your third character may be very situational especially against top tier players since you have no cantrips or nimble strikes on that character and you run 0 war cries, essentialy you're dependent on flanking the opponent which is possible with elvish mobility but will require multiple moves which is very risky (enemy can move away or just kill you while you reposition) or just luck in that your opponent has no blocks or fail them, from my experience for every satisfying AoA there's a blocked one or just a dissapointing one (playing it on it's own or with penetrating cut because that's all you drew that round) so I would reconsider that one.
    Also the OCD part in me is writhing in pain seeing you can turn one clear token into gold as all of your boots use a gold one instead of clear. I don't know what other items you have at your disposal but surely one of those guys can use that upgrade, no?
    I second that :)

12. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I've been running a triple elf warrior build for a week or so now, and it's not terrible. My rating has dropped a good 100-200 points from when I was running triple dwarven wizards, but it's still pretty effective. I am actually not running any team moves atm, and focusing purely on damage.

One of my favorite combos is using elvish insight with devastating blow for super damage. Also, using arrogant armor to ignore Fright to get some nice tokenless items. I just wish I had more Sharp Spetum... I've gotten 9 Bejeweled Shortsword, but only one of those :p

Ronald Stompfist
    Level 2 Elf Warrior

Donald Footpunch
    Level 2 Elf Warrior

Gronald Fistface
    Level 2 Elf Warrior

13. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

i been trying stock on those, they seem quite nice with insigh, and its only a uncommon. triple war elf, i tryed it but had not much luck. but you seem to have alot better gear than me

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I have like 10 Sharp Spetum. I wish I could just give them away.