Make stored builds accessible while adventuring

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Snowcrash000, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Mushroom Warrior

This seems so obvious that I'm absolutely baffled that it's not in the game already. This game relies super heavily on switching gear tactically to suit the situation and the Store/Retrieve option is pretty useless if available only from your keep.

You should absolutely be able to switch gear builds between different stages of an adventure. This is absolutely vital and should be added ASAP, how can this not be in the game already? Am I missing something here?

Switching out gear is super tedious and having to do this manually for three characters two or three times during an adventures is incredibly annoying.

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I think this is not allowed, as to not to be able to change your adventurers during the maps - i e switch to 3 dwarf wizards from a 3 human warrior party et c. Part of controlling the challenge. If we had separate builds for characters and party members, this would work better.

3. Sisquinanamook

Sisquinanamook Orc Soldier

This was something I was wondering for sometime too.
    But I think the problem is: you not only change your gear but your characters also.
    I think the main reason is the Exp calculation which only is at the end of a module and not at the end of each adventure.
    How is the calculation supposed to work if you can change your teams?

Let's say you have a team with 3 Chars all level 15 (named A,B,C) and then you have a team with 3 Chars all level 8 (named X,Y,Z). On a module with 3 Adventures.

Scenario 1 - level 15:
    You start with ABC and run through 2 adventures with no problem. For the last adventure you choose to switch to XYZ. Now you have level 8 adventurers fighting against level 15 monsters.

Scenario 2 - level 8:
    You start with XYZ and change for the last adventure to party ABC. Should ABC now be reduced to level 8? Now you have level 15 adventurers fighting against level 8 monsters.

I could think of more Scenarios where you change to different parties. Even one party for each Adventure. Now the Question is: Who should get the Exp? Should it be splitted between the parties? Should only the first party get Exp? Only the last? Should you get Exp for each Adventure instead of each module?

There are no doubt some solutions to the problem. Like:
    - prevent changing in parties with other level ranges
    - Earn EXP for each adventure not each module
    - etc

I think there is much to change in the background - and even more reasons we don't even think of yet - which is why it is not allowed to change your parties.

*cuddles*
    Sisquinanamook

4. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Mushroom Warrior

Ok, I get why changing party members would cause problems, but the solution is very simple: just add separate gear-only build slots that can be switched as needed. Seriously, all this switching gear around is a MAJOR pain in the long run and this really should be adressed.

5. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Personally I don't change my builds that drastically - so I don't have much of an issue with this. That being said, I just wanted to say why the current system likely isn't available within the adventure. Hopefully we can get a separate secondary build for every character that we can switch at least - on the character sheet itself.

spacedust and Sisquinanamook like this.
  6. spacedust

spacedust Goblin Champion

I like this idea. Something as simple as a 'Weapon Switch' tab would be good, ala Diablo 2 or any of the other loot based games.

7. This has actually become a game killer for me at level 9. I don't mind if there are minor switches in gear here and there but I am finding that in the mid levels I have to completely refit my party between every stage of an encounter if I want to beat it without being crazy lucky. The power orbs make it far worse for trying to make small changes also.

This game can be frustrating at time but the gear swapping is downright tedious and I don't have time for tedious.

8. AngryUSAMan

AngryUSAMan Orc Soldier

I agree that definite changes are needed in regards to all this manually re-equipping your party. I want to be able to store my setup for each single encounter and retrieve it rather than have to remember or write down what I used and then manually switch out the items. Just don't allow us to change characters during an adventure, but do allow us to store item loadouts for easy equipping between the individual encounters. This change would take away the dread associated with playing the level 7+ adventures which require different equipment sets for each encounter.